Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Development plans update - Second Half of 2019

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Da Hool said:

Everybody can do these missions. It's not restricted to certain people, ranks or whatsoever. So what's the problem.

absolutely nothing is wrong with cargo and passenger missions.

I just feel that if you want to buy and sell trade goods, they should give you better profit rewards than any mission can give you.

the risk in trade goods is so unbelievably high compared to cargo and passenger missions that it's just flat out bad business to touch trade goods.

We may as well delete all trade goods because they take up space in the game's system with the way cargo missions are at the moment. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

absolutely nothing is wrong with cargo and passenger missions.

I just feel that if you want to buy and sell trade goods, they should give you better profit rewards than any mission can give you.

the risk in trade goods is so unbelievably high compared to cargo and passenger missions that it's just flat out bad business to touch trade goods.

We may as well delete all trade goods because they take up space in the game's system with the way cargo missions are at the moment. 

This is probably a dead issue.  We have been asking for ages (on many threads) to have trading back where it makes a difference, and there has been no response from the Devs.  I would love to see large cargos making big profits and putting all of those lovely targets out in OW, but I don't see them making the time to bring this back.  Too bad...it has cost us some good eco players.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

I think the whole trading system needs a massive overhaul as in its current state it is crap... maybe something for NA 2.0 ^^

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes the goods trading has basically become extincted.   There is very little profit and a risk of loss (purchased goods) as compared to cargo missions.  

Also, there is a loss of some depth in the game as all those goods that added flavor to the game are basically staying in port. 

Not to mention the reduction in port taxes.  

Hopefully, the goods are staying in the game till the Devs figure out a way to balance things.   Although we have been waiting a while. 

In the end cargo/passenger missions do provide a good base for reals and dubs, but would be nice to see the goods back in the game. 

 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So after removal of gold chest missions, where are the patch notes ? I do not see this going well... As a customer I demand patch notes, I do more job writing these notes than writing few sentences of patch notes. This is disrespect to customer ! 

Apologise if I made a mistake about gold chest missions.

EDIT: I may be wrong about removal of gold chests, may be they have been reset changed to another port, but still patch notes thing is bothering me.

 

 

Edited by AeRoTR
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still buy and sell the shop Goods.  I hope the Devs do not remove them. Just because Econ Delivery Missions are risk free and more profitable doesn't mean players can't trade shop Goods.

Its a choice.  Please don't eliminate it.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Yehoodi said:

Yes the goods trading has basically become extincted.

It's always refreshing to learn we are doing things which are supposed to be extincted, basically. :D Because... because... some people say so.

And when I discover all those exotic goods appearing in my home port, it has to be connected with other extincted activities for sure, basically...

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

It's always refreshing to learn we are doing things which are supposed to be extincted, basically. :D Because... because... some people say so.

And when I discover all those exotic goods appearing in my home port, it has to be connected with other extincted activities for sure, basically...

Those are mostly just by-cargo, loot capped from traders or from bottle wrecks :)

Real trade is indicted by large quantities of most profiteable items.

If you find 5 madagascar jewels, it was a bottle, if it's 25 it was by-cargo ( someone ferrying loot and filling the rest of his convoy)  if its 50+, than it's real trade 

And that hardly happens these days.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2019 at 12:51 PM, admin said:
  • Massive Painter DLC and looted Paint Chest update. 

I guess this arrived today?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2019 at 1:29 PM, Jan van Santen said:

Also, before updating anything, pls switch on ai on PvE server again (we have an "empty seas" deja vue recently) and reroll to the old neutral map pls, so that bs of french coastal arty fireing at me when I attack a brit ai stops.

Edit: and yes, a) I know the difference between "rerouted" and "empty" and b) I have downloaded the map with ai routes.... :)

Oh please no. Dreadfully "empty" coastline and the map looks nothing but deserted - if you dont want cannons shooting you dont hunt in french waters or wait till they are far enough away.

Edited by JollyRoger1516
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2019 at 8:29 AM, Jan van Santen said:

Edit: and yes, a) I know the difference between "rerouted" and "empty" and b) I have downloaded the map with ai routes.... :)

Where can you find this map?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@admin

I know you often face criticism when players are unhappy, so I take the time to congratulate your team for the new paints. They look very good and some are just terrific.

 

Was well worth the wait. Good job :)

Edited by Serk
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2nd half of 2019:

Raids on ports !

 

... BUT FIRSTLY, NEW DLC ! Instead of adding paints to crafting section with dye mechanics etc no, let's sell that 17$ DLC

Epic devs.

Edited by The Banned Sailor
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2019 at 4:51 AM, admin said:

content update 1: Treacherous waters - Traditional update with 2-3 patches

  • Raids on ports
  • NPC Aggression (both in the world and in RVR)
  • Massive Painter DLC and looted Paint Chest update. 
  • Final localization update including additions of some approved community translation to game client

I can see this is already likely in progress... thanks for the paints by the way and I look forward to the rest of the year playing naval action. 

P.S. Not to be too nosey but... are their more ships designs in the making? I know we already have a lot... but hey, why not ask right?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@admin @Ink @Powderhorn

  • Raids on ports  How is this outlined?
  • NPC Aggression (both in the world and in RVR) Is it safe to assume this is for elite ships only? What are the implications for RvR?
  • Massive Painter DLC and looted Paint Chest update. Thank you!
  • Final localization update including additions of some approved community translation to game client Good stuff!
  • Combat model update and improvements (including proper battle sails mechanics) Define "proper"? What is there that's missing? What do you think can be improved?
  • More variety in upgrades, loot and books How will this improve upgrades?
  • ROE update for patrols Good for the guys who do the patrol zones.
  • New player experience missions and improvements Sounds good!
  • Low cost limited content edition (a-la wow lvl 20 trial) Good luck with that!
  • New progression system (including for crew) If the ranks aren't for crew what are they for?
  • Veteran ranks How will these ranks effect gameplay?
  • Perk system revamp and improvements "Revamp" implies a big change. Looking forward to it!
  • Update to knowledge and book systems What's the update regarding?
    Thanks for your hard work and dedication to this game.
    Many thanks to the whole crew.

    safe travels,
    -slim
Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

@admin @Ink @Powderhorn

  • Raids on ports  How is this outlined?
  • NPC Aggression (both in the world and in RVR) Is it safe to assume this is for elite ships only? What are the implications for RvR?
  • Massive Painter DLC and looted Paint Chest update. Thank you!
  • Final localization update including additions of some approved community translation to game client Good stuff!
  • Combat model update and improvements (including proper battle sails mechanics) Define "proper"? What is there that's missing? What do you think can be improved?
  • More variety in upgrades, loot and books How will this improve upgrades?
  • ROE update for patrols Good for the guys who do the patrol zones.
  • New player experience missions and improvements Sounds good!
  • Low cost limited content edition (a-la wow lvl 20 trial) Good luck with that!
  • New progression system (including for crew) If the ranks aren't for crew what are they for?
  • Veteran ranks How will these ranks effect gameplay?
  • Perk system revamp and improvements "Revamp" implies a big change. Looking forward to it!
  • Update to knowledge and book systems What's the update regarding?
    Thanks for your hard work and dedication to this game.
    Many thanks to the whole crew.

    safe travels,
    -slim

I do agree with you Slim. Most of them needs some explanation, as you mentioned. 

Good job development team ( I feel like @admin is the team now, guess others working on some other titles) Looking forward to changes, still begging for proper patch notes :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2019 at 1:51 PM, admin said:

Low cost limited content edition (a-la wow lvl 20 trial)

i Don't understand this

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A starter or basic edition is a great idea. 

Example, Up to 5th rate, non-expandable or limited dockspace and warehouse, can not join a clan etc. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2019 at 8:59 AM, Serk said:

@admin

I know you often face criticism when players are unhappy, so I take the time to congratulate your team for the new paints. They look very good and some are just terrific.

 

Was well worth the wait. Good job :)

Agreed the new paints are spectacular.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see greater interaction between the players of a faction and their ports. I've seen a few people commenting on the idea of delivering resources to a port in order to keep it functioning. Which, sounds like a perfectly reasonable thing to add, it'd give solo players a thing to do in exchange for a decent reward. (Subjective, I know.) And, would place heavy-emphasis on the faction cooperating and working together in order to combat hostile neighbours.

I feel as if that's something we are lacking, especially in major factions such as Great Britain.

Perhaps it'd also encourage people to remain active on NA, otherwise if a port suffered from a lack of supplies they could receive some sort of debuff or?

 

Edited by Hewlettasha
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like the aggressive npc's on the OS. We had that before years ago and it was annoying. The exception would be if you create legendary npc's that are more rare. You know, famous pirates and such.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...