Game-Labs Forum

Development plans update - Second Half of 2019

20 minutes ago, henry.fouchet I said:

it s amodified plan from 4 years…. don t be too enjoy ;)

Dont spoil my enthustsiams please :) i just today bought Rättvisan DLC and Admiralty connection. But at least i have seen some increase in playerbase compared when i started and also see occassionally new players in help section.

I think one thing what should be fixed is that you should be able to join as freelancer some time in game before making commitment to some specific nation. Before i joined and started game i spend some hours looking forums and asking in Discord chat what would be good nation.

I think it was allready in Sid Meyers Pirates that when you joined you later then chose your nation through contract or something if my memory serves me right. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, henry.fouchet I said:

Scegli la nazione all'inizio. Giocare da solo è totalmente inutile ... non farai nulla ... 2 nazioni sono Zerg..Russians e VP (olandese) ma non combattono .. preferiscono uccidere piccole nazioni ... 

it is not entirely true ... in a small nation you can devote yourself to pve and only pvp ... also you could get in touch with clans of bigger nations to help in screening ... and now being able to capture all NPC ships is  easier to have ships of line ... just my thoughts

Remember folks new patch to come...

#SOON

2 hours ago, Intrepido said:

You must be a new player.

He will learn soon enough.  I actually kinda got bored and went back to playing a game I haven't touched in years.......WoT (only cause the firefly is out now).   LOL I'll be back when the patch drops.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 7:08 AM, Louis Garneray said:

So it's already October and we are supposed to get 4 updates between now and the end of the year... I am having some doubts about the time frame of the updates' releases.

In development it's normal to be late.... but when the game has been officially released  since June it's looking bad and even worse because we don't get any communication about further development and what could make it have some delay. Admin stopped posting on September 12 (https://forum.game-labs.net/profile/1-admin/content/)

We were told 100ks of players had Naval Action on their wish list... I'm still waiting for them to come...

I was a loyal costumer of Game labs and I bought all the games that came out even if I wasn't really playing them, just because I believed in the company and its work. Since the "incident" earlier this year (massive communication boo-boo that ended up with some bans) I have stopped supporting financially Naval Action (no more DLC) and any other game that came out (no age of admiral thingy, no Indian).

I'm sure I'm not the only one to wonder.  And we don't need a novel from Admin... Just an update about the state of the game and its development. It doesn't even have to be a regular post... It could be a post locked so nobody will troll it...

To the best of my memory October has always had a big update every year for the passed 3 I think. Also Dec seems to always have something big so it could be again

On 10/9/2019 at 4:49 AM, admin said:

绝对是这个月!

Hello! The administrator. I am the  Creator of HAN clan. We are currently in the Russian empire. 90% of our clan are Chinese players. Also, as far as I know, there are a large number of Chinese players in other countries. So I suggest you set up a new China camp. I suggest you tomake The Ming Dynasty. I think this will greatly accelerate The flow of players and lead many Chinese players to new countries. Even our clan will probably leave the Russian empire.It's better to have a national capital port. In addition, I suggest you can add a guild boathouse function。@admin

1.jpg

2.png

Edited by SandersonTY

On 10/11/2019 at 4:37 AM, SandersonTY said:

Hello! The administrator. I am the  Creator of HAN clan. We are currently in the Russian empire. 90% of our clan are Chinese players. Also, as far as I know, there are a large number of Chinese players in other countries. So I suggest you set up a new China camp. I suggest you tomake The Ming Dynasty. I think this will greatly accelerate The flow of players and lead many Chinese players to new countries. Even our clan will probably leave the Russian empire.It's better to have a national capital port. In addition, I suggest you can add a guild boathouse function。@admin

1.jpg

2.png

Chinese invasion is under consideration.

We need to add the forum though for china on another software. as our and most western forum providers has blank bans in China .

Is discord banned in china?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, admin said:

Chinese invasion is under consideration. We need to change the forum though. as our forum provider has a blank ban and banned in china.  Is discord banned in china?

If your going to add more nations than please go back to thinking of the factions option.  Have 5 factions that the 11+ nations are a part of and it will allow you to chance them around for balance if you need too or add new nations in the future.

• Like 5

>Chinese invasion is under consideration
On one hand - historacally "approximately" accurate game

On another one - something that will unite some group of players under one flag. 
What could unite them - separate nation? clan? or just a single battle group?

First thing that come in minds - adding another nation. Sounds good - more ppls probably will be happy to join but what other options we have? 
How about adding alliances, diplomacy and clan flags. So its some sort of extending this idea
>Have 5 factions that the 11+ nations
So, right now we have 11 nations, each one has many clans in it. 

How about to add clan flags (some soft of nation flag + custom flag). Each nation is in war with other as it is right now (thats another story). But each clan inside the nation could declare war vs another clan (eg clan wars that some one was asking about). So, clan > nation. Probably later on we could add easy to switch between nations for some clans (only for those who has DLC and has more than X players {100? at least}). Plus we could add some kind of lore here - default{template with inserted clan flag and name in it} message comes by email ingame for all players informing that some major clan swore an oath to some king/queen etc because that's a key change moment and will affect balance in the word - probably we want to inform everyone. To prevent switch back and forth adding a cooldown sounds good. Mb even NPC PBs are set on all their ports to prevent switching too offten and make them pay for such move (logic of that should be disscussed), like forcing the nation to revange for such move and keep those ports inside the nation.

So, some specific group of ppls (like Chinese - could create their own clan under some nation, lets say RE and then just add their own flag*) could unite under specific clan and flag.
*Clan flag. Should fit some standarts like - clearly visible that its belongs to specific nation. Mb even flags in OW to determinate wich clan player belongs to :^)

Well, at least something to think about. 

Game will stay historically accurate and those ppls who wants could unite under unique flag and clan 

Edited by Red Tail