Game-Labs Forum

Development plans update - Second Half of 2019

Could you please stop suggesting more random limitations to the game? Think it through, you might not be happy with your approach. Cause it is bs. 

Reduce the BR, but leave the fleet composition to the players. Otherwise you get less variety. 

• Like 1

Pretty much all of this is solved by either:

A - a player-driven clan  alliance/war mechanic. 
B - a game-driven National alliance/war mechanic  

give a 24 hour Declaration of War like eve online. Everyone gears up and goes to war.  
peace means no attacking each other just like friendlies.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, van Veen said:

Reduce the BR, but leave the fleet composition to the players. Otherwise you get less variety. 

What is the problem mate? Nobody gives a duck about my, your or his ideas, just hello kittying enjoy what we have. We did not make this game! 

22 hours ago, Terminator1256 said:

They are busy on developing other games. This Land Is My Land has its own discord server with full dev staff and all patch notes posted right away.

image.png.647e1785e868f4be2e44197cd1e9633f.png

Yah they did that move when we called them out how they keep responding and posting very good updates with fast response and nothing but tumble weeds over here.  Seems they are busy with UA:D game and the Total War one....I know they always say it's other dev teams but you can't just drop one game and expect to keep players happy.

So gain @admin any word on what will be in the patch since it's suppose to drop by end of the month?  If anything please bring in Factions (5) concept along with what ever you want to do.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

chinese fleet in Caribbean of 18th century... it's so ridiculous. Can't wait until we see also Zimbabwe mighty battlefleets cruising our waters and teaching something to Russians. :D:P

please provide feedback not trolling.. sarcasm is very localized and others might not understand if you are trolling or giving feedback on strange new ideas.

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

So gain @admin any word on what will be in the patch since it's suppose to drop by end of the month?  If anything please bring in Factions (5) concept along with what ever you want to do.

Patch this month for sure.. (unless something horribly breaks)

• Like 4

Finally the xebec haters that said she looks a Chinese junk can be partial right :D

I really dont mind even that it means we could see junks in the west Indies.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

@admin
Well we already have nations like Poland that historically wasnt present in Caribbean, but potentially could have been involved.
So why not get asian community on board as well then. We all struggle to have numbers to play decent game. We already have Chinese clans in Russia.
I think it will only do well for the game. And no I dont think that there will become an asian Zerg instead of Russian :)
Look at World of Tanks. The Asia server have never matched even closely to the Russian server.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

chinese fleet in Caribbean of 18th century... it's so ridiculous. Can't wait until we see also Zimbabwe mighty battlefleets cruising our waters and teaching something to Russians. :D:P

We are playing a fantasy game ala "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie, that has ties with the real history. We already have russia and poland that potentially could have been involved in the Caribbean. They are in the game even though they were never present in the factual history.

For the sake of saving the server I don't mind it at all 😉

qtTa6Q4.png

• Like 4

8 hours ago, WilsonMG said:

A "Chinese invasion" of the Caribbean will cause a lot of us to stop playing Naval Action because it would be deviating too far from the historical setting we expect.  Is that feedback clear enough?

Anything to weaken the Russian Nation is a definite  worth while sacrifice IMO.

3 hours ago, koltes said:

Well we already have nations like Poland that historically wasnt present in Caribbean, but potentially could have been involved

Poland (Courland was part of Poland) actually WAS in Caribbean just as Prussia (then Brandenburg). Russians is the only nation that didn't participate in colonization of West-Indies (they were in Northern Pacific only)

If we need Chinese invasion then there should be made another map of East-Indies - vast area (quite larger than Caribbean) from Japan to the Indian Ocean. And Russians actually WERE there

Edited by Malcolm3

20 hours ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

It's a wild mix of political correctness and marketing consideration. And both lead astray from historical accuracy. Which should be one of the assets of Naval Action and partly still is.

But by adding more fantasy fractions (we have already Russians, Poles, to a lesser extent Prussians, of that kind) we are drifting more into the shallows...

Voices here on forum have been calling for the Portuguese. Now THAT would be a nation which belongs here! Our Chinese partners could then concentrate on Portugal and imagine it is China while everyone else sees the proper flag.

lesser extent Prussia? what did they have for sea-warfare? It's the fantasy nation no. 1 in the context of naval action.

• Like 1

we have much more problems then adding nation I tell you guys, even if we have 4 nations or 20, the game will still be shitty balanced with terrible economy, crafting and certain ROE mechanics for different factions.

I understand that they have to make money to keep the game running, but spending half of their time making new dlc ships, paints and doing extreme changes which the majority of the community dont support is not the way to handle it the way this game is going right now

Edited by Guest

16 minutes ago, Genevieve Malfleurs said:

lesser extent Prussia? what did they have for sea-warfare? It's the fantasy nation no. 1 in the context of naval action.

And still they were in the Carribean in late XVII - early XVIII. Also Russia had in 1720-1815 4th (sometimes 3rd or 5th) navy in Europe (by size), not in Caribbean though.

13 minutes ago, Wyy said:

we have much more problems then adding nation I tell you guys, even if we have 4 nations or 20, the game will still be shitty balanced with terrible economy, crafting and certain ROE mechanics for different factions

More than agreed

Edited by Malcolm3

Adding russia, prussia & poland  was already a mistake , even implementing insignificant caribbean nations from the start like swede & danmark + fantasy pirate regular nation was the symbol of devs not choosing between marketing & full sandbox & immersive & realistic gameplay leading to some competitive mentality of "i'm such a boss i can lead the dansk to conquer the caribbean". From the start most of the self proclaimed "competitives" guys joined a same flag no matter which. Have this proved to be good for the server ? Will it be good if same thing happen by them following [Han] into the chinese nation and repainting the map ? Fix the god damn broken RvR (not by pve / npc ! ) at this point you can add China, Mexico, Haiti already, we are far past this stage where this can be considered as a problem when the well known problems remain unsolved for years..

Game would have been so much better with brits/spain/france only +pirate gameplay&letters of marque + nation rebelion (us for brits/ mex for spa/ republic for france) + diplomacy. Adding the US was interesting but today, does it really helped in keeping the US players population ?

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Genevieve Malfleurs said:

I was thinking of that joke of colony they rented from Denmark in the Virgin Islands for some time. That is all what's linking Prussia to the Caribbean. But this weak, very weak link exists.

6 hours ago, koltes said:

We are playing a fantasy game ala "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie, that has ties with the real history.

Admin, you should in fact be more concerned about a player seeing your game related to Disney-fantasy, than me using sarcasm once.

3djvg2.jpg

meme shows my degree of alienation now.

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac
  • Like 4