Game-Labs Forum

Development plans update - Second Half of 2019

18 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

keep in mind that it would be a Chinese (or Japanese) flag on an existing ship.  I would hate to see the variety of junks etc, that sailed in Asian waters.

This would mean russian flags on junks in carribeans  but don't we already have prussians on Xebec or polish sailing Santissima ? 

On 2/6/2020 at 1:10 PM, Angus MacDuff said:

I don't think this should be an issue about whether or not a country had representation in the Caribbean.  Its a game and that means fantasy.  We all want you to sell more copies so that there is more population.  I think you should certainly bring in other nations if there is a demand.  The only issue is whether or not they have a capitol and where you would put that if you decide to go that route.  What if Pacific Nations had a capitol on the Pacific side and have to fight their way into the Caribbean?

I could live with any nation in the game if we divide the game in "Main Nations" and "Liege Nations", give that 2 poor polish dudes at least some players that cannot gank them. Along with that some diplomacy system coming back to the game would be quite nice.

23 hours ago, Teutonic said:

So any game that tries to bring history to life and make things historically accurate...but then allows the player to not follow how history went should be dropped because it's bad?

if we want history to be exactly history, then you read a book about it. We play games set in historical eras to enjoy what we find cool in that setting, not because we want to be strictly bound to what "happened."

so we can't play our 7 years war tabletop games differently because history tells us how it ended up? I feel this type of thinking is narrow-minded.

Thinking a chinese nation should not be part of a 18.-19.-century carribean setting is not narrow-minded, it is a one of some valid opinions even along your own I have to admit, oriented on what certain people expect of a game. But calling people narrow-minded because they have another opinion just because it is more conservative than yours seems a bit... well, narrow-minded as well to me.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2020 at 7:44 PM, ManuelSpain said:

The game needs more Spanish ships!

I could not agree more. The nation with more ports in the Caribbean and with so few representative ships in the game. It is a pity. and we must remember that the vote was won to implement the Montañez.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, admin said:

Fixing?

Yes I should have been more specific. I've only just returned to the game, and my memories of the Victory are from back in 2016. It was a mainstay of any PB Fleet then, however its common knowledge 'now' that the Victory is vulnerable to leaking and as a result sinks quickly. The Victory like most ships had its strongest planking at its water line, the Victory was no different. I think if you ask any PB Sailor, they will all tell you the same, the Victory in its current state is not the best choice to take in combat based on its 'game' weakness.

In the Above vid at 40:00 a broadside none even at the waterline created 30+ leaks, and sadly its not even uncommon.

Edited by Charles Caldwell
  • Like 1

The Victory is really weak and the high waterline invites to shoot leaks. During hostility missions we sometimes shoot more than 30 leaks with one broadside  (usually with an l'Ocean). Since this happens quite often, even when the Victory doesn't heel much, it is something to be taken care of.

Setting the waterline a bit lower might solve the issue. 

15 hours ago, TDK said:

Victory has

• smallest HP pool of all 1st rates
  • least crew
  • slowest speed
  • a leak problem - sinks easy to leaks, even when depowered
  • a br of 800 that doesn't do her justice, it should be lower (or other 1st rates higher)

Right now there is absolutely no reason to take a Victory over a L'Ocean or a Santi, not even in open world. The ship is completly useless in it's current state.

Well unless your at 900 crew level, but even than I been undercrewing a Santi, just never get close enough for AI to board me, but if it's any battles planned against players I bring the Christian instead.