A free exchange of ideas is essential in development of the game and community.
Here is the simple guide that will help you understand what this forum is and what this forum is not
- This is a Game - Labs, Inc development forum and our goal is to limit unnecessary friction, which will only delay the development. As a result discussions that do not help to make the game better or make community worse (for example lack of respect to other members) will be removed and members who do not make this community a nice friendly place will be removed.
- Due to the quantity of users on this forum, there will be no second chances. Anyone who is acting overly aggressive or contributing to an overall negative mood in the forum will be removed from it, without hesitation. Show respect to your fellow users and keep the forums clean!
Here is the list of simple rules.
The goal is to support open exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion. We understand that there could be conflicts that happen when people voice opinions. This is a nice and a friendly community (mostly). Users are expected to be courteous when disagreeing with others.
2. Ranting and trolling
A rant is a post that is filled with angry and counterproductive comments. Rants are disruptive, and incite flaming and trolling. Trolling is when you structure your posts to anger and insult other players to achieve an emotional response. Please post your thoughts clearly and avoid trolling.
3. Personal attacks, racism and discrimination are prohibited
Personal attacks are posts that insult another forum user directly or discuss user’s personal life or situation. Posts that include race, religion or sexual preference based personal attacks and trolling can result in immediate suspension. Such behavior will not be tolerated and can cause immediate ban.
4. Discussion of real life religion and politics is prohibited.
A well timed curse can lighten up a conversation in combat, but use of profanity directed at other players is prohibited. This includes the partial masking of letters using numbers or alternate symbols, and any attempts at bypassing the profanity filter. Use of profanity is discouraged on forums.
6. Posting of personal information is prohibited.
The posting of personal information including but not limited to personal contact numbers, email addresses, account names and passwords, home addresses and real life names or any other private information is strictly prohibited. Game-Labs respect the right to privacy, and will not tolerate posting of real life personal details.
7. Posting of private communication is prohibited.
The posting of private communication between the moderators, developers and administrators and forum users is prohibited. Posting information from private subforums is also not allowed. Breaking of rule 7 may result in removal of all posting privileges.
8. Discussion of moderation, warnings and bans is not allowed.
Such matters shall remain private between Game-Labs and users. The discussion of forum moderation actions usually leads to flaming and trolling. That is why this type of discussion is strictly prohibited under the forum rules. During the development of the game there is usually no way to appeal.
9. Spamming is prohibited.
10. Redundant threads will be locked.
Please use search find information you want to discuss. A lot of threads on the same subject delay the development and wastes resources causing lots of good ideas to be lost. Please keep discussions regarding a topic to a single thread.
11. Player experience, New Player Experience, False information posting.
Experienced players are encouraged to participate in assisting new players. Players taking a lead in help chat will be rewarded by rare ships if they are pointed to us by the community.
Confusing players with incorrect information on purpose is not allowed. Spreading false information without factual video proof is not allowed (this includes information about non-existing cheats that some players love to explain their losses with). Spreading false information ruins experience for others - such players will be banned with no right to appeal.
12. All posts must be related to Game-Labs products.
Posts regarding other companies and products or services are prohibited and any content of this nature will be removed. Posts regarding other non-competing games are permitted in the general forum, but could be removed without explanations if they look like advertising.
13. Off-topic posting is prohibited.
Off-topic posting is permitted within reason. Deliberate attempts to derail a discussion may result in deletion of comments.
14. Ban evasion is prohibited.
Bypassing a suspension or ban via the use of alternate forum accounts can result in permanent revocation of posting ability.
15. Abuse of Game-Labs employees and forum volunteers is prohibited.
We have a zero tolerance policy on abuse of employees and volunteers. This includes but is not limited to personal attacks, trolling, brigading and impersonation. Forum is a place where players and developers can exchange ideas in a constructive manner with the only goal to improve the game. Players breaking rule 15. will be permanently banned with no right to appeal.
16. Posting of inappropriate content is prohibited.
The posting of pornography, discriminatory remarks which are sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive as well as excessive obscene or vulgar language, posts which discuss or illustrate illegal activity, or an instance of providing links to sites that contain any of the aforementioned is strictly prohibited.
17. Forum format.
It is much easier to follow a topic, when it is formatted properly. Please edit quoted messages to not post walls of texts. Avoid epileptic gifs and large signatures. If you are in doubt - that usually means your signature picture is already too big.
Additional rules (if any) are posted in the forum rules sections.