Game-Labs Forum

Development plans update - Second Half of 2019

Wish economy missions would NOT be added to the journal...pain in the azz deleting them.

Also add FLEET indicator/warning to show you have fleet ships.  Annoying when you enter a battle/mission and realize you didn't detach your trader ships.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 9:29 AM, Jan van Santen said:

Edit: and yes, a) I know the difference between "rerouted" and "empty" and b) I have downloaded the map with ai routes.... :)

Wait... what?

Where would I find this map? The only image I got was the one that was posted a while back that showed the central bit of the world map and a bunch of lines in lower resolution.

On 7/17/2019 at 11:34 AM, Hethwill said:

I didn't state it was interesting. Afk sailing will be interrupted by players ( war server ) and by ai ( on war and peace servers ).

Just a fact, nothing else. 

That means you will have more NPCs? because where I sail the ocean is empty for a while = no one will tag no one.

Edited by Audacious

I am no fan of agressive ai in open world, but let's see how devs will do it, before complaining.

I would like to see the 20 min removed or changed to something like only player can join that have been in sight when the battle started. It is really killing the fun in the game to be jumped during a a fight by a far superior enemy. 

Aggressive friendly AI within port control waters helping protect the port “sounds” like a good thing. However I am highly skeptical that the right balance can be achieved. We don’t have a very good record on balancing in this game. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Audacious said:

That means you will have more NPCs? because where I sail the ocean is empty for a while = no one will tag no one.

Agressive AI won’t be an issue in open ocean, where no one but some players are usually sailing, but if your trade run ends in a foreign or event a free town, you might get tagged by a bot just before reaching your destination. This is already a risk currently, but a risk I’m willing to take of it involves another player. Losing full cargo to a bot after a few hours long sail would be infuriating. 

Edited by Serk
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Ferdinand de LaSalle said:

Guys,

you know that aggressive AI will kill the rest of the trading System (Trade and Transport missions). You normally need small traders to sneak into foreign ports.

If that will come you maybe outmanouvering enemy players but then you will surely fail to evade aggressive AI-ships!

All single players, members of weak Clans/weak nations need this source of income….

I again wondering, why their are so few critical posts to that plan. The most are shout hurrah. Are only members of big clans and of strong nations present, who are not interested in a healthy player Population ????

I am thinking the devs only intend ai npcs to attack raiders that are trying to seal club around nations capitals and trade centers.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Koveras said:

If that's the belief of the US players then I fully understand why they are so bad in PvP.. But I've made a question to the developers asking wether the WAR server is a PvP server or a PvE server with PvP elements..

I love how folks like to attack other nations players around the world.  What does me being a US (not nation but where I"m from) have to do with anything?  By the way I was PIRATE for a very long time and now DUTCH.  I fought plenty of PvP and RvR over the years.....honestly never have seen any screen shots of you in any fights.  Hell don't think I even ever seen you actively in the game either.   (maybe cause your not using an in game name?)

Let me ask you this, how have you level up?  How do you get Mods/ship knowledge books.  How do you get permits?  80% of this game is PvE to get anything.  Yes you can only PvP and pay for things that other folks grind,  but they still had to do PvE to get them.   Until recently we didn't even have the option of the PvP missions which do allow some nice root these days, but before that you still pretty much level up and got things through PvE mainly.  Yes some folks have level up solo through PvP, but the majority of the game, has not.  Those players are actually a very small part of a minority of the player base.

9 hours ago, AeRoTR said:

I do agree with you mostly but this, no way. 

It is plain stupid to spend 1 million reals for hauling cargo for a profit of 500k reals. On that trip you may lose your 1 million plus your indiaman-s

Instead you haul stupid cargo missions with stupid tbrigs, you make 500k reals, only risk losing 10k worth tbrigs, and you also earn dubloons. 

Yes you can make indiaman runs, with 4 million spent, for 2 million profit, but the risk, and more time is spent on that cargo run, increasing the risk. 

When was the last time you actually attacked an indiaman?   All I hear guys getting ganked doing delivery missions are in T-brigs with no cannons being hit by DLC ships.    Raiders don't go after the big catch, they want easy targets other wise they are pretty dead.   Ever fought an Indiaman that is actually built to fight back.   Ask @Aster or a few others about how they used them.   

By the way that 50% profit was all in friendly waters and very short sail from one port to a regional capital.  

1 hour ago, Destraex said:

I am thinking the devs only intend ai npcs to attack raiders that are trying to seal club around nations capitals and trade centers.

It would be the logical thing to have such AI in friendly waters at certain areas.  Though still what is the diffrent than a player than AI?  Most of those players they are seal clubing aren't the best players and some of them are even worse than AI....so it would be pretty much the same. I remember once doing hostility as a Pirate back on global and our grip hit a very big AI fleet and a main comment was, "these AI are fighting harder and better than the US does."  Cause they have some players that just keep playing but can't PvP for the life of them.  Not every one in this game is a PvP master.

I would love to see the number of players we have active and how many have actually passed the Final Exam and maybe the stats of how many have tried and not passed? I know some one I jokenly tease I will log in and finish it for him if he can't beat it.

Texas. You don’t need huge fleets of ai. Just some ai that even up the BR rating in capital and ship building capitals. If you are in anything but a trader you prolly should not get ai help. 

Heck i tried to do a trade run this morning and went to get in the shower ready for work. We t to do a course correction just before jumping in a and was in battle. A guy with two cerbs and a trafing snow jumped in and saved me where i was a trading brig va a trinco I was right outside a ship building capital. This is the kind of thing the ai should do. Just give you an even chance of getting away.

4 hours ago, Destraex said:

Texas. You don’t need huge fleets of ai. Just some ai that even up the BR rating in capital and ship building capitals. If you are in anything but a trader you prolly should not get ai help. 

Heck i tried to do a trade run this morning and went to get in the shower ready for work. We t to do a course correction just before jumping in a and was in battle. A guy with two cerbs and a trafing snow jumped in and saved me where i was a trading brig va a trinco I was right outside a ship building capital. This is the kind of thing the ai should do. Just give you an even chance of getting away.

Rage quit training 

so let's assume, you are in a trader brig ( br45)

and a enemy cerberus attacks you and you are in battle  45vs100 

so now a ai mercury joins you in  the battle at your side   115vs100

you well know that the mercury is now match for the cerberus player and even the trader is bull shit against a cerberus 

the funny part no friendly player can join your battle because of the  br closed battle and you also know that mercury is shooting in the air from a long distance doing ping pong 

the out comer is > trader brig sunk or  is captured, and the mercury is sunk also , a win win for the attacker (bonus xp from the mercury) and your friends are watching at the side line..

yeah great ..

another one :

you are in a lgv and attacked by a enemy wasa in dutch waters

you get 2 Ai to help you ....

the outcome is, wasa get a shitload of xp because he all sinks them.

not because the ai is so bad .....

but because the ai only exist in these waters are  cutters snows and frigates.

conclusion this is not going to work....

perhaps a  training in rage quitting is the outcome for many

Edited by Thonys

Interesting... so the players need to be defended and / or entertained by AI. How glorious that will be...

Let's think about the reasons why the devs included AI on the PVP server. The main reason is very simple. Players need something to do. And if players can hide in ports and if it is better for them to hide in port than to go out and fight the enemy, they will do the latter, leaving everyone bored. So that's why the AI exists. ... Basically because the OW's mechanics are bad at bringing people together to fight it out. 
Now aggressive AI will be brought back, which will lead to even more fights vs AI. That will keep many people entertained, if that is the sort of entertainment you are looking for and satisfied with. But it will certainly not bring real people together to do real fights. It will do exactly the opposite. It will catch more people in fights vs AI and pull them away from the ow. 
One arguement for the removal of the duel room was, that it pulls people from the ow. And now they introduce aggressive AI, which will do exactly that... I just cant understand the principles behind the game design decisions. What is the reason? Are fights vs AI hosted on the client side, so you dont have to pay a server for them? Why do you want more AI fights? 

If the aggressive AI will be there to protect noobs in homeland waters... then we certainly have a serious gamedesign issue at hand. Shouldnt there be hundreds of players willing to defend a poor noob who is being attacked around the capital? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Puchu said:

If the aggressive AI will be there to protect noobs in homeland waters... then we certainly have a serious gamedesign issue at hand. Shouldnt there be hundreds of players willing to defend a poor noob who is being attacked around the capital? 

You honestly think hundreds of people want to sit around capital 24/7 defending noobs? Aggressive AI is content through and through, and filling a job players generally do not do or have reasonable time to do.

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Puchu said:

11 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

You honestly think hundreds of people want to sit around capital 24/7 defending noobs? Aggressive AI is content through and through, and filling a job players generally do not do or have reasonable time to do.

At the end of the day, players have to learn to defend themselves, just like doing only PvE will not prepare them for PvP. Relying on vets to keep saving you is only going to hurt you in the long run.

• Like 1

Any1 seen the Na advertisement on Youtube too? Saw it this morning when I wanted to watch a video. I was very surprised tbh. But I like.

14 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

It's your damn capital! What state is your nation in, if noones defending the capital? In what state is the game in that it's so worthless defending a noob in your own waters?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Puchu said:

It's your damn capital! What state is your nation in, if noones defending the capital? In what state is the game in that it's so worthless defending a noob in your own waters?

Most veteran players don't hang out in the starting zone. They'll post up and down the coasts where the front lines are, where there is plenty of enemy shipping to hit.
The only thing going on at our capital is trade and some new players doing light ships missions. It's not a place many high ranked players care to be or to take care of the new players who constantly un-dock and sail around the area that's already surrounded by nothing but friendly AI.

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 1

Please, please, please fix the broken economy. The "free economy mission goods" can be transported for huge profits for almost no risk. It costs 2100 reals to build a junk T. Brig, and i can make 150K reals + 1000 doubs in less than an hour, all while afk. All with no danger, no effort, no adrenaline. Also, resource goods are not profitable enough to compete. It was better when you had to buy them (risk), and place them in a new port. Transfer of resources from one port to another makes the economy run. Right now, the stores are empty. Nerf the "easy mission money" and bring back the trading business!

• Like 3

On 20.7.2019 at 00:37, Puchu said:

Interessant ... also müssen die Spieler von der KI verteidigt und / oder unterhalten werden. Wie herrlich das sein wird ...

Lassen Sie uns über die Gründe nachdenken, warum die Entwickler AI auf dem PVP-Server installiert haben. Der Hauptgrund ist sehr einfach. Spieler brauchen etwas zu tun. Und wenn Spieler sich in Häfen verstecken können und es für sie besser ist, sich im Hafen zu verstecken, als hinauszugehen und gegen den Feind zu kämpfen, werden sie Letzteres tun und alle gelangweilt zurücklassen. Deshalb existiert die KI. ... Grundsätzlich, weil die Mechaniker der OW schlecht darin sind, Leute zusammenzubringen, um dagegen anzukämpfen. 
Jetzt wird aggressive KI zurückgebracht, was zu noch mehr Kämpfen gegen KI führen wird. Das wird viele Leute unterhalten, wenn das die Art von Unterhaltung ist, die Sie suchen und mit der Sie zufrieden sind. Aber es wird sicherlich keine echten Menschen zusammenbringen, um echte Kämpfe zu führen. Es wird genau das Gegenteil tun. Es werden mehr Leute gegen KI fangen und sie vom Ow wegziehen. 
Ein Argument für die Distanz des Duellraums, dass es Leute aus dem Ow zieht. Und jetzt führen sie aggressive KI ein, die genau das tun wird ... Ich kann die Prinzipien hinter den Entscheidungen für das Spieldesign einfach nicht verstehen. Was ist der Grund? Werden Kämpfe gegen KI auf der Client-Seite gehostet, damit Sie keinen Server dafür bezahlen müssen? Warum willst du mehr KI-Kämpfe? 

Wenn die aggressive KI da ist, werden Sie keine Jobs in heimischen Gewässern haben, um zu schützen ... dann haben wir mit Sicherheit ein ernstes Spieldesign-Problem in der Hand. Sollte es nicht Hunderte von Spielern geben, der in der Hauptstadt angegriffen wird? 

Uhm i read about  your Text, and the Coremessage is you want get just easy Kills? Aggresive KI to defend Lower Players is not a Bad idea, i mean if a Beginner starts the Game in the PvP Server and he will Killed by a Trolling Highe lvl Player Potato, do you think thats a good Way to get New Player in this Game? I think not.