My clan mostly stopped playing, few guys online. I will not quit, but I struggled after last patch.
* I bought all dlc except flags, late happenings prevented me buying flags, I am not optimistic about the game. I bought Le Req dlc for just commenting on steam.
* DLC ships, in my opinion are pay to win. They broke all balance in shallow waters. Why Le Req has like double the crew, best upwind speed, best broadside weight, smallest sail area ? Which 6th rate is the counter to it ? You can not win against it cause it will run when it may lose ! The boarding mods of 6th rate becomes very much more powerful with 250 or more crew !!! Muskets/Musket numbers and add new musket mods to it...
* Devs keep introducing not needed stuff like stupid musket mods, I can not understand ! Mod stacking already bad. Now muskets doing nuke damage, what we needed in boarding mini-game ! Takes too long to hotfix stuff.
* Mods are too powerful / Mod stacking is op, favours veterans and kills casuals. I remember casual speed mod Gazelle was nerfed from 2 to 1, while other expensive ones nerfed much less, yet Devs introduce stuff like sextant / naval clock etc., so what happens they are always nerfing newbies and causals ! Like they nerfed normal muskets/shooting, but not so much nerf on the new super OP musket mods which are M16/M4 carbines, why the hell would you do that !
* KPR defence, I loved it, PVP out of port. Great pvp with many better players visiting us alone or with fleets. 1st rate fleet battles, big battles, it used to be great, but no more. DLC ships and latest patch totally killed that. Only requins with musket mods visits KPR waters to farm newbies and still spawning 3 navy brig in reinforcement will not stop a le reqin who is laughing hard. How hard can it be to code, to spawn better upwind reinforcement for upwind ships.
* OMG the Patrol Zones, how hard can it be, to adjust the freaking patrol zones !!! Why won't they fix the ROE ? Hundreds of times suggested and asked, Nothing they do nothing about it. Fix the prizes why the same damage in Nassau and Hispaniola gives the same rewards, first one you use 6th rate ships (of course Herc and Le Req !) but the second one you bring big guns, so doing damage is easier. Why not give us the rewards automaticaly before server maintainence time, but I have to claim it ??? Why ? what year are we in 1989 ?
* Pvp marks system could change into dubloons but too little dubloons from admirality, I do not like looting dubloons in crowded battles, would prefer more from admirality according to damage sustained. This kind of killed group pvp.
* I was slapped in the face to see my pvp marks turning into dubloons which I can earn in one night at patrol zone. I was robbed hard, I could buy all the upgrades in admirality, lots of ships from admirality to a poorness level of only buying 1 suprise from admirality , this is not so good behaviour.
* * Game took long time in alpha/beta. So lots of people are playing the game like a finished product. Devs make big changes effecting comfort of many players, what players used to do. For example removing that dumb Combat Mission / Fleet Missions, that was a big great mistake, it really killed the causals, aside from removing enemy ships and fleets from friendly teritories. THAT WAS THE MINDLESS FUN FOR CASUALS. One big mistake too kill casual and pve clans, with a fking easy solution (give us fleet and combat missions again with little rewards, but some xp to grind ship slots. ) We used to have fun with lots of people during that mindless FLEET MISSIONS, teach new guys a few things, lots of talking going on during that stupid missions, Lots of FUN IS LOST.
* How do you expect anyone to grind 4th-1st rate slots ? it is like impossible. I can grind it, I can not think grinding the ships if I started the game now, I would not play the game, too boring, too grindy, too much time consuming.
* Introduced missions currently are failure, give us Combat Missions and Fleet missions back, until you figure out how to make new mission good. I am not going to Hispaniola to kill 20 first rate AI to earn 1500 dubloons, exposed to all PVP threats in my PVE moded super expansive first rate.
* Admin told that building 1st rate with oak costs 60.000 reals, I laughed hard at that, very funny. Why would anyone build an OAK 1ST Rate. This shows he does not know about his game. You will not spend all that resource, LH, dubloons to build a loly OAK 1st rate ! Which the woods bonuses are too high, should be more closer, why would lo/wo ship is %18 more thicker than any ship ? Teak is the ultrasuper space age ship coating... While oak is used only for fishing boats...
* What happened to mixed Fleets (3 bellona + 4 frig + 2 privateer), it was much more real than 10x1st rate 10x4th rate stupid fleets, why did they do this ???
* Admin admitted that he does not know about positional join ability of enemy in reinforcement zone (lets say the gankers), that was the whole thing to do for long time? Does not know the game.
* Still needs group tab function like other MMO ( I do not care about super hardcores who needs to know everyone in their group) Casuals need this. Not happening by chat window. Create Group > Definition: Nassau Patrol / PVE hunting / PVP hunting / Capitol Defence > Ships: any ship accepted > Chat or TS > Additional information. You can make it private or public. If public nation players can see the group information, group leaders, players inside, aim of group, ships needed, open slots etc. Casuals need SOCIAL game but for short periods, they do not need clan shit, they do not need RVR, they want to sink stupid ai ships etc. Clan/RVR (it is time consuming/difficult etc) is for the guys posting here
* Still needs lots of good additions from games like Sid Meir's Pirates, map collecting, PVE fun missions etc. Which may even start an instance, it is totally safe for player to go to enemy capital capture some ships, take map, try to find that epic/gold/silver chest, that leads to other adventures. He may be invisible to enemy players, and enemies will be invisible to him, total safe mission from pvp, he can resume later etc. Or PVE/PVP mission mix, one pve can lead to some adventures, where it comes to similiar level players fighting 1 vs 1 for a chest. This game is like minecraft you can build anything, but not the go kill 2x7th rate for 9 dubloons !
*** GAME STILL HAS THE BEST SHIP COMBAT, game has every chance to become one of the best Age of Sail games in history. Game is very open to new stuff/tools to make it epic. But all the respect struggling with managment of development process, has no structured plan, or it changes too much.
* I still believe Developers somehow will manage to make this game great... That is why I will not quit this game.
Sorry for the long write but this post seems like a group therapy, so that is what I did.