Game-Labs Forum

Development plans update - Second Half of 2019

5 minutes ago, Barbarosa said:

Are you aware how many good people are diverted away from forums? This is not the tone I enjoy using. it is out of necessity since you got bombarded with toxic replies by certain minority who never get moderated, group lynching almost every unwelcome criticism or suggestion. You have to show some thorns to them.

Ä°t's not good manner to discuss someone's personality and tone in the way you do in forums. Want more decency, sincerity and maturity? Consider starting from yourself. We all deserve better.

I'm not discussing your personality (how could I, I don't know you) but I am referring to what you have said, which, surely is the point of a forum?

Ā 

35 minutes ago, Barbarosa said:

Truth hurts, especially when you find hard to oppose it and instead come with an insult. I do not care as long as they deal with both of us equally. But we know they won't for obvious reason.

This post would be fine - except for the last sentence. It's anĀ accusation which had no context or point of reference in this thread. It makes it so muchĀ easier to simply put everything you say, even things that might be valid, to be put in the box 'malcontent' and get ignored.
I'm not a developer but if I was in their shoes I would ignore posts that often contain insinuations and accusations, too, they have to. You are implicitly attacking their impartiality and character. The best answer you can hope for in that scenario is to get ignored, otherwise they would have to defend their viewpoints on basically everythingĀ and no progress in terms of game development happens. I know it can be frustrating at times, sometimes I hate decisions the devs have made but 'salty' comments are unproductive. You may have vented, but no actual change will happen.Ā 

Ā 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, admin said:

Hello Captains

We would like to share the development plansĀ for the second half of 2019

Content updates will be provided with less frequency as they will require more testing due to live status of the game.

content update 1: Treacherous waters - Traditional update with 2-3 patches

• Raids on ports

good to see it is still here

• NPC Aggression (both in the worldĀ and in RVR)

will be interesting to see. @adminĀ will this be on PvE server as well?

• Massive Painter DLC and lootedĀ Paint Chest update.Ā 

Cant wait. Been waiting long enough.

• Final localization update including additions of some approved community translation to game client

content update 2: Unfinished business (continuous updates)

• Combat model update and improvements (including proper battle sails mechanics)
  • More variety in upgrades, loot and books
  • ROE update for patrols

content update 3: Welcome to the Caribbean - Seasonal update

• New player experience missions and improvements
  • Low cost limited content edition (a-la wow lvl 20 trial)

content update 4: Chatham Chest - Seasonal update

• New progression system (including for crew)
  • Veteran ranks
  • Perk system revamp and improvements
  • Update to knowledge and book systems

do not see there to be a major need if a need at all to change knowledge and books. Maybe more books if anything.Ā 

Content update 1 will be delivered first.

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, admin said:

content update 2: Unfinished business (continuous updates)

• Combat model update and improvements (including proper battle sails mechanics)

Ā 

looking forward to it, really hope this though is some kind of mechanic where whatever sails your ship is set on, the crew goes over to e.g. gunnery or something like when you get demasted the crew is not needed there :)Ā 

30 minutes ago, LeBoiteux said:

+1.

+ paints for the Surprise and theĀ DLC ships such as LRQ ?

Great idea for the DLC ship paints. A blackened Herc would look sic! If they bring paints for DLC ships, they should be included with the ship purchase, imo.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, van der Clam said:

Great idea for the DLC ship paints. A blackened Herc would look sic! If they bring paints for DLC ships, they should be included with the ship purchase, imo.

And a blacked out Prince! Ā  šŸ™‚

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Afk sailing will be interrupted

6 hours ago, admin said:

and in RVR

Every journey has the potential to be ā€œinterruptedā€, every cargo run, every journey will have to have eyes on the horizon.

if we canā€™t afk sail long real time journeys, time consuming journeys, like across the Caribbean Sea, it could make the game even more hardcore.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

50 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

And a blacked out Prince! Ā  šŸ™‚

I clicked like on your comment, UNTIL I noticed it came from you! Hehe. Now Gregory has aĀ small ship equal....Vernon the Prince Master.

Edited by van der Clam
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, van der Clam said:

I clicked like on your comment, UNTIL I noticed it came from you! Hehe. Now Gregory has aĀ small ship equal....Vernon the Prince Master.

To be fair, I have ALWAYS argued for a mechanic that allowed for the ability to only loot a ship and give it back.... Ā 

For what thatā€™s worth..... Ā šŸ˜€

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vernon Merrill said:

To be fair, I have ALWAYS argued for a mechanic that allowed for the ability to only loot a ship and give it back.... Ā 

For what thatā€™s worth..... Ā šŸ˜€

Actually, that should be an option to release a captain and his ship after looting it. Happened in IRL, rarely. Would be nice if we actually had captain characters that had a life span....almost like the character attempt we had years ago.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, BuckleUpBones said:

Comfortable sustainable deliveries are going goingā€¦ !

Ā 

More like long range trading with real goods into foreign ports is gone.

Hypothetically, our TBrig fleet could be on the run from an AGGRESSIVE BELLONA, chasing us from port to port, is that what kind of aggressive AI we can expect, wouldn't that be fun!

15 minutes ago, BuckleUpBones said:

Hypothetically, our TBrig fleet could be on the run from an AGGRESSIVE BELLONA, chasing us from port to port, is that what kind of aggressive AI we can expect, wouldn't that be fun!

I'm certain the devs mean the aggressive Bellona will be chasing you away from only same nation Capital Zones...not just willy nilly out in the open anywhere. *fingers crossed

• Like 1

10 hours ago, admin said:

NPC Aggreļ»æssion (both in the worldĀ and in RVļ»æR)

Ā 

32 minutes ago, van der Clam said:

I'm certain the devs mean the aggressive Bellona will be chasing you away from only same nation Capital Zones...not just willy nilly out in the open anywhere. *fingers crossed ļ»æ

yeah, ā€œfingers crossed", clarification of chasing Bellonaā€™s is probably a good idea. Ā  Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Guest