Game-Labs Forum

Fresh Start – Wipe information for War and Peace servers.

29 minutes ago, Psycho3630 said:

RIP US player base options. I guess we will deal with the EU timezone leftovers like other wipes. Would have been nice not to have the wipe while we are all at work and have a CHANCE at getting some decent ports. 

All i'm seeing here is everything is getting wiped to make it an even playing field for the new players, so if this is the case why is the game not being released over a weekend which was one of the biggest issue's the US timezone players had during the last map wipe. How is it an even playing field if EU players can get straight online and start grinding ports (yes i know its harder in smaller ships but still possible) while the US timezone players will be stuck at work. Surely its not that difficult to release a game on a set day.... SATURDAY!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Hammy said:

All i'm seeing here is everything is getting wiped to make it an even playing field for the new players, so if this is the case why is the game not being released over a weekend which was one of the biggest issue's the US timezone players had during the last map wipe. How is it an even playing field if EU players can get straight online and start grinding ports (yes i know its harder in smaller ships but still possible) while the US timezone players will be stuck at work. Surely its not that difficult to release a game on a set day.... SATURDAY!

I'd hoped for regional servers which would have alleviated some of the concerns about release and timers in game but if they don't know how many players will play , it seems as if it will be "see who turns up " I guess

saturday release would help some, not all. In much the same way as a clan could lock down a port that you or I might not be awake to attack (in game )

• Like 1

2 hours ago, admin said:

Captains
Here is the final information on the player accounts on the launch of the game.
Estimated launch week - 10-14th June

War server: 

• Full reset: 
    • Everyone starts fresh from clean slate. Only clan lists will remain intact.
    • Tutorial progress will be reset

Peace server

• Partial reset:
    • Rank, Crafting rank, Knoweldge slots and knowledge books will remain
    • Everything else will be wiped, and tutorial progress will be reset.
    • Compensation ships for latest server problems will be added on launch as a timed redeem

Names are going to be kept on both servers. You will start the game with a character you had before launch, on war server he/she will have nothing, on peace server he/she will have xp, crafting xp, slots and books. Clan affiliation will remain as it was before the launch.

That is just a Fück Up for all guys who relied on you that nothing will be whiped and  toke  part in your Egoshow(Egoshow caurse of btw Ninjapatches: Let the community figure out what we have changed thats more fun HAHA). That Whipe will just cost the Working people a disadvantadge! Time which those who dont work gives an advantadge. I am hello kittyed Up! U Lied! Otherwise i would have token that game here after 2 Hourse and Put it away till release (I asked you) ! Especialy the Shipknowledgeslots thing is just a Piss off! Give everyone 3 shipknolledgeslots! on all vessels. The genereall Xps i dont care, but that you take everything away... 

and one fact you dont know belliefe or whatever: Those who will buy that game fresh doesnt have an idear anyway. The Players which participate longer will have anyway an advantadge. Manual sailing intuitiv... etc... 

Thats just Pissing of those guys which zou say yourself: Thanks for Testing without you that wouldnt be possibler. Thank you too... (Just kidding)

Edited by Knuddel
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, James Thomson said:

Never test a game if you can't live whit possibility that all might be lost. Game might have not even launched and be just deleted of existense.

Never promise to lots of people if you can not keep it as developer. Once you broke your promise never promise again if you can not keep rest of your promise. 

About being beta player, who are you to give advice, you are just a player. 

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, Hawkwood said:

What´s the difference? You can grind hostility from free ports too, no?

You apparently wasn't on the day that the ports where wipped.  The last port battle was set by 3pm CST for us in the US by the Russians.   They had pretty much gobble up most of those freeports ports your speaking of before the EU's even was able to get home from work.   The only reason the US Nation got a good start early is they have a bunch of old retired guys, night shift workers and a few EU players that jump on the coast to flip the ports (which still pissed a lot of players off to have ports taken by expliots after that hard work).  

EU Pirates had took the ports around Mort so that the US prime time Pirates couldn't flip any ports for there own.  It's not exactly fair to have one or two time zones allowed to grab all the best ports straight after server down time when most folks are at work.  That is why we are mentioning a weekend release as that would be a morning and we can be online too and not at work/school.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Isaac J Smith said:

As to my opinion now:

I agree that a full wipe is necessary for release; however, how can I trust the development team?

First it was keep ranks/craft XP, then that went.

Second it was keep books/knowledge, and now that is gone too.

At this point, what is to stop the development team deciding after 6 months of play that the game has stagnated and a full player wipe is needed to bring players in again?

I will certainly be playing after release, but I will always be cautious now of the potential for the development team to change what will happen in the future at the whims of their late night coding sessions. This cloud will be forever hanging over those of us from the old guard, regardless of any assurances we may get. The development team now has a proven track record of going back on what they say.

I also personally think this is too rushed in order to make it in time for the Steam Sale. There are many features (Raid, Port bonus changes, PB BR limits) which are completely missing, broken, or unbalanced and could have a significant impact on a release product. A balance problem/bug in EA/alpha/beta is easy to work around (too bad is a valid excuse). Once you have a release product, this excuse doesn't fly anymore.

Sadly i have to agree :( 

What i dont understand is the tactic, to promise things, then break it for maybe good reasons (craft, rank XP) but assure other things (Ship knowledge, BOOKS !!!), then cancel these promises again...

Why cant they be clear from beginning ?

Ah, nearly forgot: you can add another "broken" promiose to your list:

"Everything on PvE - Server will stay " :P 

Dont misunderstand me:

I am fine with a full wipe and have stated this in many posts BEFORE the Devs themself (finally) announced, that XP will be wiped... (for the sake of new players)

But i cant understand why the Devs assured in this context NEW promises...which they now cancelled again :( 

Edited by Sir Max Magic
  • Like 5

I feel sorry for new players too. They think they are getting a level playing field, but instead of being helped and/or given a chance to learn the game, they are going to be mercilessly slaughtered for combat medals as vets farm combat medals to replace lost books.

• Like 15

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Yup. 

Honestly, it would be great if the developers would offer up a "Home Leave DLC" which would allow all existing players to retain their book, ship knowledge, rank and crafting xp in exchange for leaving the game for, let's say, three months. 

You know.. just to make it "fair" for those new players but so they don't have to re-invest all the time they've sunk into the game.  I think there'd be plenty of buyers. ;)

i spent a lot of time and resources for take rare books, and finally wipped to. taths a joke? I have more games

3 hours ago, admin said:

Full reset: 

• Everyone starts fresh from clean slate

I look especially fondly to XP reset - mainly to the fact that RUBLI's experience will be deleted as well. They were too good in this game, fighting them was often a pain in the butt. It's good that they will have to learn everything from the scratch now.

(Ram, Moscalb, Dron441, that's mostly to you :) )

• Like 5

Once again BETA ... in case you didn't realize it was BETA .. well, it was BETA. 

Y'all got to enjoy whining to your hearts content for years about how messed up the game was while enjoying a pretty nice gaming environment (and shoot at sailing ships! .. with cannon balls!)  All the while helping the devs to test it by playing it ... in BETA.

The .. wipe .. was .. always .. coming .. ----> BETA

I'd hope for a chance of people here being a bit more relevant, but I'm old enough to know better.

Oh, and ... BETA

• Like 1