Game-Labs Forum

Fresh Start – Wipe information for War and Peace servers.

Sorry after losing all my effort for the past two years I have pretty much given up playing this game as it has become boringly the same all over again.  Don't worry I bought my share of DLC in support but playing another more interesting game at the moment.  Maybe in a year or two I will look and see if the population surge is sustained.. but happy voyage.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, angriff said:

Sorry after losing all my effort for the past two years I have pretty much given up playing this game as it has become boringly the same all over again.  Don't worry I bought my share of DLC in support but playing another more interesting game at the moment.  Maybe in a year or two I will look and see if the population surge is sustained.. but happy voyage.

Yet posting in forums, new game can't be that exciting.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2019 at 3:53 AM, James Thomson said:

This is good, but eventually the gap will be there again when Vets and Noobs are so uneven the noobs shall spend year before they can effectively pvp.

This is ok in my opinion....it will give new players something to set as a goal.... and will also encourage clan based game play... or at least groups.

On 6/14/2019 at 2:00 PM, n_Ka said:

Pay to win game anyway.

Not understanding how you are coming up with this.... I have all the DLC and let me tell you right now.... player crafted ships are almost always better... it is up to you to get efficient at game play.... a good player in a "bad" ship will always beat an underexperienced player in a "good" ship. The imbalance that you are feeling is the experience imbalance... See if you say the same after over 1000 hours of solid one versus one PVP. I only wish to encourage you to search deeper in this fantastic game for the secrets it holds.... the key to unlock these secrets is the key of knowledge through experience...

Good luck out their and fair seas Captain.

Three cheers for the frigates and their gallant Captains.

P.S. The best way to learn how to survive is to get lost by yourself and have to fight inexplicable odds. In such situations I have learned the most regarding how to survive.... just be prepared to lose your ships.

Edited by LIONOFWALES
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2019 at 12:48 AM, Koveras said:

Any1 versed in PvP would attest that modules and port bonus' is OP.. The fact that we have mods that basically remove the need to rep masts while the opponent is forced to do it, basically enables a sure win scenario. Add to this the laser accuracy of the guns and the imbalances of fx. 32pds carros on smaller ships and u can't really maintain that exp is a factor in the game. The game is woefully unbalanced and sorely needs an overhaul... but ofc.. the game was in a "releasable" state....

I am a hard core PVP player, I agree with your claim that there is a great imbalance between the ships...MY point is as follows... An experienced player will always have an advantage of knowledge over the inexperienced... I know about the Herc. I like it to a point... but its not good for everything... its only a matter of time before you find someone that will 1v1 you and own you because of a knowledge gap. My friend plays a 1rst rate very well... he was attacked by a very good PVPer with support from another player. He simpley destroyed their advantage by sailing through and close to the wind... the best thing the enemies could have done was disengage... they shouldn't have attacked the player in the L'Ocean in the first place with their Constitution and their Indefatigable. But they did not know they would be fighting a master of the 1rst rate.

Now another extremely different example... 

I am a trader hunter... this is all I do really... but once in a while I get attacked by players hunting me. How do I survive so long against their overwhelming firepower and numbers? By chosing my engagements.. have I been sunk ? Yes... but I have far more kills than sinks...my own kill to death ratio is around 7 to 1 right now... that is 7 kills to 1 death... but this is because I hunt traders... I am a predator by trade and this is how I make my money in game... see I don't look for combat as much as look for prey to make money off of. Because of this my gameplay tactics became anemic and I became easy to kill to the other group of PVPers…. I call them the honor fighters... I am not an honor fighter. I only 1v1 if I find prey worth my while and will take minimal damage doing so. So I PVPed for over a year doing this and developed a third eye for knowing when it is time to leave, and when to realise there is a trap. I needed it and my third eye would have never developed if I didn't do one thing... attack players at their Capital Ports. I get myself outnumbered and try to fight off as many enemies as possible... eventually they kill me... but I take notes on all the actions taken and learn from my mistakes. I am always outnumbered and without support. The knowledge I have has been earned in the crucibles of solo play. And I continue to solo to this day and love it.

In my opinion... there are far better ships available to play with than the Hercules, than the Rattvissan, than the Le Requin… the players doing well with these have access to awesome upgrades that have been nerfed heavily recently... I don't think they are as good as they once were.

In my opinion, the in game crafted ships should always be better than the DLC ships of their same class. I own all the DLC's and my opinion still stands... that knowledge will out weigh brawn in this game... its just the way it is. And regarding those... bad DLC's I choose to use them because they are harder to use... they are inferior to their counterparts, but in the right hands are versatile vessels that an experienced player can have fun with.

Three cheers for the frigates and their gallant Captains.

Good hunting, and good luck.

Edited by LIONOFWALES
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, LIONOFWALES said:

I am not an honor fighter. I only 1v1 if I find prey worth my while and will take minimal damage doing so.

Good post.

I am a trader and I avoid players like Lion, but I'm glad he is in game.  His presence creates risk and makes the game more exciting.

If I play correctly and intellegently we will never meet, and if we do I hope to flee and avoid capture/destruction

Edited by Macjimm
  • Like 1