Game-Labs Forum

Fresh Start – Wipe information for War and Peace servers.

11 minutes ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

I fear your last line will ring true with a good portion of those that make up the core group of veterans that make up this community.

Maybe so. It is up to each player to decide.

I know everyone in BORK is planning to continue and from others who haven't played in a long time plan to play again. Granted that doesn't mean they will all stay, but the biggest issues people had were being in an active group. You gotta be active to have activity.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

Hello im admins pet and didnt get any redeemable more than you guys, I just leeched everything from havoc members so stop writing and know your position jn your clan, minion

Yes, that was actually my point, people seem to be focusing on the 'redeemable' bit I put in brackets. My point was that people are suggesting that resetting book knowledge somehow creates a level playing field for new players when of course we all know it doesn't

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Wraith said:

It's not though.  It's just one more reason we'll see a jump in negative reviews and yet more near-criminal handling of a player base through walked-back statements and lack of accurate information over the course of 3.5 years.

I understand, but it is a choice between cholera and the plague ... both choices have backlash.

For competitive pvp, yes, I understand the books and bonusses are important. But retain  them and you get bad reviews from the other side ...

I'm sorry, I can't see a win-win-scenario in this, either choice has negatives.

If we reason from a standpoint that hardly any new players will buy and and play the game after release, then i can see a reason to retain knowledge (because, indeed, what would be the difference?).

On the other hand, if we reason from the standpoint that many new players will buy/return and play the game ... which would be the devs preffered outcome I geuss, more money to be made ... then those negative reviews from (a few?) testers about not getting to keep their accumulated knowledge during testing probably wouldn't interest a new player, probably even makes him think he's starting on even ground (yes, i agree, in reality the skillgap will be there/big). Thus, from an outsiders point of view (PR-wise), it looks a lot better/fairer to be able to say that everybody starts equally.

• Like 1

PvE peace server:

Disappointed because we had up to this moment reasons to believe we would keep our ships, as this was 'considered' in several dev posts since november last year. What gave the final decision to do away with them? PvE community in the worries of the past had at least the expectation wipe would not harm them as much as PvP war server, and I often used that argument to ease the minds being upset of this or that. Now I feel like a liar.

I will also 'consider' something now, and that will be to stop my engagement with NA after release. I hate to lose my gold ships for no good reason. Period.

• Like 8

I played on PvE for short time to see how long to get back xp.

With new xp rewards is much slower than was.

I think people in for surprise how much more time needed.

Perhaps is good thing though, time will prove.

Edited by Doh

Rampant feelings and "must write something" urge...

Despite whatever, and with the release 2 weeks aways, it is no longer a matter of "concern" anymore, but, as with many other games ( if you play plenty of EA and do a lot of testing with other games developers ), acceptance that everything will be wiped in the PvP "arena".

Is that simple really.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

Except when the developers have clearly stated in the past that certain things won't be wiped... then that becomes problematic. 

Then they clearly stated why they changed their position on the matter and apologized for it. I mean we can go in circles here - or we can understand that this is the final decision.

you continue to roll with it, or you don't.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Except when the developers have clearly stated in the past that certain things won't be wiped... then that becomes problematic. 

I'm happy that release happens in the way the Devs want it. Wipe or no wipe, we all voiced our opinions.

They are the designers. Not us.

It is coming. Finally.

• Like 4

Full wipe,  good no problem with it, level playing field on release, it's just a game. 

The real downside it opens the possibility of DLC's to reduce/eliminate the new grind paid for with real money.  

DLC's for accelerated XP, unlock ship slots, provide in game gold/reals and rare books etc. 

For over a year I've stated there is a risk the NA could enter same downward spiral as Heroes & Generals.   Either you pay up with real money or face an endless grind that takes thousands of hours.  

Hopefully the devs don't take that path but at the end of the day it's a business venture.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hethwill said:

They are the designers. Not us.
It is coming. Finally.

But it doesn't feel like a release.

We had recently more news about new games they plan, rather than what and how will NA look like.

And then "BAM!" Release! 

Just because Steam Summer Sale is just around the corner :(

• Like 2

No idea what you are talking about.

I'm involved with many other alphas/EA products and each software house has its own workflow.

And I simply cannot put myself into their brains to make such an assessment as you make it. 😮 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nuka said:

Thats why the rating is so bad on Steam

:D .. right ?

Last time someone told me bad things about a restaurant they were 100% wrong.

I was a bit...hmmm... okay, maybe the person had a bad day.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

OT: Typically people who are unhappy about something are more likely to talk about it in my experience. I usually take most reviews and add about 15-20% to figure out where I think it actually belongs.

This thread is a perfect example.

Edited by Isaac J Smith

7 minutes ago, Hullabaloo said:

You don't need Art of Ship Handling to sink noobs. In fact it might be the fastest way to grind it all back! :)

Finally agreed with you. No need for having skill books with those port bonuses..At least not in the beginning. And ship slots, hell, PVE can be fun too sometimes, especially when you need dabbaloons :)

While I hate to say it after the hours thrown in the game it seems fair that soon release we would be at an equal playing field having said that it’s only an appearance as players with 1000s of hours will not be on the same level as a new player.

my main concern is the status of the launch- what are the plans between now and launch? What about post launch? Any major balancing, features or mechanics we are to expect? Or is it pretty much how it’s will be.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

But negative reviews after 1000 of hours playing NA, is that a Bad life Or is something wrong with development? 

1 minute ago, Hethwill said:

I think theres a difference between just a bad day and bad experience ( like 100 -200 hours  for example).

And it wont change if you just ignore the players on this Forum like Game labs always have done.

not sure that just having 3yrs of experience of  playing the game  is enough reward for having to put up with some of the crap  mechanics that have come and gone in the name of testing ..

shows how much  devs think of us as testers  and helping to develop their game 

8 minutes ago, Salty Sails said:

But negative reviews after 1000 of hours playing NA, is that a Bad life Or is something wrong with development? 

Don't know. I like the game and i can't be inside other individual brain, nor am I a herd sheep.

In truth some other "overwhelming positive" games I  bought ( and they were really expensive! ) I couldn't stand them ... really... and couldn't see what was so great about them. And yeah, didn't go run and plaster negative all over, but to each its own.

:) Glad the release is around the corner for NA.

• Like 2