Game-Labs Forum

Fresh Start – Wipe information for War and Peace servers.

18 minutes ago, OjK said:

And Admin beeing called out many times, and instead of making people comfortable saying:

'This is done, this is gonna be changed, this will be applied',

We have more of the same lack of communication...

This is good, and according to announcement that admin made some time ago. It's better than overcommunication, which hurt this game quite a lot. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

LOL, I wonder how many of us fanatics are contemplating taking "release" day off work

That's a soft approach. Just dump your job - you had enough time for last 4 years to gather enough savings to last a few months :) 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, vazco said:

This is good, and according to announcement that admin made some time ago. It's better than overcommunication, which hurt this game quite a lot. 

Yeaaah... Right...

Should I send them a link to "The Division" twitch channel?
Where every week they're streaming a "State of the Game" discussing all what is going on with the game, what they are doing with it right now etc.?

That's a proper communication. A high standard, but it wouldn't be that hard to keep Your community believing You actually care...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, admin said:

War server: 

• Full reset: 
    • Everyone starts fresh from clean slate. Only clan lists will remain intact.
    • Tutorial progress will be reset

For the love of all sanity, the Clan list MUST BE WIPED, GB has a clan list with so many dead clans it is ponderous, the list is not even alphabetically sorted, GB can't be the only nation with is problem.  Please don't leave us with this mess to continue to trudge through, make a character and test for yourself the nightmare that is the clan list.  Thank you

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Hullabaloo said:

Yes we will. There will always be 'newcomers' and we will always have that advantage. It's just now we have to do the boring grind all over to get back to exactly the same state again. If you are saying don't have books and don't have advantages, I am with you. But this is just pointless extra grind to revert back to exactly how it already is

If everyone starts without this advantage you crave so much, then what's the issue? You really can't stand not getting everything your way can you?

• Like 1

As was said earlier, I think book wipe will just lead to vets going after the newbies to get hold of their lost books again. Maybe it's a bit of an oversight on devs part (seen as Pvp missions have highest chance of dropping them afaik).

I have no issue with Xp/craft/knowledge wipe though.

Either way, congrats on setting a release date. I'm looking forward to population increase, hopefully hitting levels before the 1st wipe. I think all the gripes about the game will soon be forgotten when you don't have to sail an hour to find a battle in OW.

See you all after release!

• Like 1

To the "developers" of this game:   I hope that the constant "wipes" and "resets" are not your approach to advance the game and build attractiveness for a broader group of clients.  Because to keep doing the same thing over and over again will not give you any different results from what you have.   

At least for me there are more attractive options to spend my timer then to keep grinding to eventually re-reach the level I that already have in this game. 

I might simply look for alternatives  . . . 

It's happened, there is no point in continuing to go on about what was promised by the developers etc. At the end of the day it is your choice whether you wish to play the game or not, and it is the developers choice to amend decisions. At this stage I'd say just wipe the bloody lot, names, clans and so forth. Yes there is still a lot of work to be done, but I'm looking forward to it regardless.

• Like 1

At release will the server max online number still be 2000, like it was 2-3 years ago?

So if we get close to a decent online number then we get stuck in log on queue? And then to remedy this a portion of the player population gets relocate to another server? :(

Edited by Tiedemann
  • Like 4

Sorry guys, i had overflown the posts, but nobody asks: Is the pandora-rule for older Player also delete or not???

A lot of guys argued, that  we have after wipe the same starting conditions. We have not. There are still the powerful DLC-Player Clans, special by the russian and britisch nations. So with the delete of the books the gap between DLC- and non DLC-Players will grow after wipe. 

Why? The structural Problems are still not solved. The weaker nations have no other possibilities to compensate for example with concentration on trading.

At the first day after wipe: The DLC-clans  starts a big massacre at the ranks of the non-DLC-Players. I can see the Rättsivan, waiting in front of the enemy capitals to kill the  cutter-players and they can do nothing. The DLC-clans will also make a fast start to conquer all important ports and then start to conquer the other ports. And all other couldn´t prevent this.

After 2 months the most non DLC-Players (newbees and the old guys) left the game in frustration. The DLC-Players About 150 / 200 getting bored and left the game too. That´s it, how sad.

1 minute ago, Ferdinand de LaSalle said:

. I can see the Rättsivan, waiting in front of the enemy capitals to kill the  cutter-players and they can do nothing.

Just sail into the wind. It's a cutter. 

In fact, pretty much every ship smaller than the rat will outrun it into the wind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, De Ruyter Michiel said:

To the "developers" of this game:   I hope that the constant "wipes" and "resets" are not your approach to advance the game and build attractiveness for a broader group of clients.  Because to keep doing the same thing over and over again will not give you any different results from what you have.   

At least for me there are more attractive options to spend my timer then to keep grinding to eventually re-reach the level I that already have in this game. 

I might simply look for alternatives  . . . 

Its going to be released which means that this is the last ever wipe... you cant wipe a released game...

Is it ideal?  No.  Has this community lost perspective and become rather cynical and self-serving?  I think so. 

Remember this:  We are here to have fun, not accumulate imaginary stuff and get sad when it gets wiped, or sunk.  I suggest having a clean slate upon wipe in your head as well as your inventory, docks, and money chest.  Just get in your brig, hoist the sails, and go on an adventure.  Maybe even minimize chat for a few days.  :P.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Wraith said:

343. I have no doubt we'll be ranked up by one after passing the tutorial in the first couple hours.

So yes, Ratts will be certainly out and about on Day 2 for the first sets of port battles.

Yeah, our undercrewed Ratts against 6 1st rates.  Should be fun

12 minutes ago, Capsize More said:

Has this community lost perspective and become rather cynical and self-serving?

Have some members of this community not bothered actually reading the thread and just posted some sanctimonious shite? I think so

6 hours ago, James Thomson said:

Why not balance the game so its not a problem ?

Do you think game balance is someone with 10 hours being able to compete against someone with thousands? I'll give you a hint: No game ever made has done this because it's not feasible and downright stupid. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Iroquois Confederacy said:

So, basically anyone who bought PvP reward books during the window where all was tied to PvE rewards are upset that they no longer have that advantage over newcomers.

Good.

They already have the most important advantage you can have. That is experience.... Newcomers will be farmed like always with or without the books. A wipe will do nothing and never has because the eco cannot work and it's only time until everyone has everything. 1-2 months and everyone will have everything back again. Only reason devs are wiping is to keep server pop longer because people will grind again. I won't. As I said never again will I start in a basic cutter or farm ai again. It's to much. Even if we can skip with tutorials. With every wipe we only have more to grind and it's the same shit different assets with no actual improvements to late game because inflation is 10000%

• Like 12

To all those player on this thread being upset about losing their Books:

I get it, this feels like having your favourite toys taken from you, it kinda sucks. But think about it for a second:

Noone will have those books! Therefore noone needs them to be competitive! There is absolutely no reason to miss having those books!

All of us start on a clean slate. It's not completely fair, as there as some of us than can easily wipe the floor with any newbie they encounter because of their real life experience advantage but it is the fairest it can be.

So many people are complaining about having to grind back up to their current state. Why?
Why not just play the game, have fun with the resources you have when you have them and allow it all to grow back naturally? Surely you will survive not having a fully decked out port bonus gold Ocean with Art of Ship Handling and Gunnery Encyclopedia for a few weeks...

• Like 8