Game-Labs Forum

Fresh Start – Wipe information for War and Peace servers.

Don't forget to update webpage prior to release.😉 Looks rather outdated.

You can sail under the flag of nations that historically had presence in the Caribbean (had at least one port from 1600 to 1830)

• Britain
  • France
  • Spain
  • United States
  • Denmark
  • Holland
  • Sweden

Or you can be a Pirate. Pirates can attack each other and that changes their mechanics compared to other nations. Pirate mechanics are in development and might improve or change in the future.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Quimby said:

Please explain this confusion in what you have written:

Peace server

• Partial reset:
    • Rank, Crafting rank, Knoweldge slots and knowledge books will remain
    • Everything else will be wiped, and tutorial progress will be reset.
    • Compensation ships for latest server problems will be added on launch as a timed redeem
  • where only knowledge books will remain then we go to:
  • peace server he/she will have xp, crafting xp, slots and books. Clan affiliation will remain as it was before the launch.

Where we will have books on peace server! Appears not to make sense.

Sorry but what confusion do you mean?

After the wipe, players on PVE server will keep their experience progression (both battle and craft), ship knowledge experience and learnt books (books as items in warehouse/ship holds will be wiped)

• Like 1

I think it would be fine to keep learned books on the pvp server, it won't create a unbalanced playing field in the beginning, since we won't have slots to put the books in for a while anyway. And by the time we do get slots to put the books in, all the very many new players would have books as well. 

8 minutes ago, Johnny Rotten said:

#MakePiratesHardcoreAgain

I hope so. ☠️

• Like 4

Why release now, how about some serious work into the crafting/ economy to make this game function better. its still hasn't got a key element to make this game sustainable to a fresh player base, if that's actually constructed well then maybe this game might have a hope in the future, i've been here since 2014 and after 5 years its been a big disappointment that the crafting/ economy still isn't a great working feature in this game and because of this that the rest of the game lacks purpose other then ship combat and port battles with no real meaning to the greater game.

41 minutes ago, --Privateer-- said:

I think it would be fine to keep learned books on the pvp server, it won't create a unbalanced playing field in the beginning, since we won't have slots to put the books in for a while anyway

You mean for like 3 or 4 pve missions? Ofc its an advantage dont be delusional lol

Why not fix the core problem so everyone can have some kind of progress which doesnt feel like its a f2p game instead of bitching around that you can keep your books while new players are completely fcked??

• Like 1

Wow, I cannot believe all the reactions toward the release. We have been told, which feels like forever, everything was to wiped. I assumed both servers would be hit the same, but I am grateful to keep rank and experience on the PvE server. For you veterans that have been here since 2015 and survived the wipes we have been through would remember the game always had major changes from one wipe to another. I see people complaining about the lost of books on this next wipe, really it's that important to you??? Books are new as the sextant is new to the game development. We spend the most of our time without either in this game so learn to adapt.

Promises?? What promises are not being mentioned in this discussion? I do not recall any promises being made as to what you will keep or not keep and I am not going to go through 4 years of post to find a sentence that may hint to a promise. A wipe is a wipe, anything above 0 is a plus. Live with the 0 and put you big sailor pants on and move forward. The only thing you have from this point forward is there won't be another wipe. We have all be in a test mode, what more were you expecting?? A Hello Kitty trophy?? 

Experience tells me there are going to be changes we have no idea about after the wipe takes affect. I would hope it is close to the way we have been playing these recent months as I think this has been the best combination game mechanics yet to NA.

After the failure on the PvE server the other day showed, to me at least, I am ready for a wipe as everything was lost and a cutter was in my dock.

So wipe your eyes dry, take a deep breath and get your damn oars out and start rowing............................

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Quimby said:

Please explain this confusion in what you have written:

Peace server

• Partial reset:
    • Rank, Crafting rank, Knoweldge slots and knowledge books will remain
    • Everything else will be wiped, and tutorial progress will be reset.
    • Compensation ships for latest server problems will be added on launch as a timed redeem
  • where only knowledge books will remain then we go to:
  • peace server he/she will have xp, crafting xp, slots and books. Clan affiliation will remain as it was before the launch.

Where we will have books on peace server! Appears not to make sense.

It's not the "Same game" as the PvP version. PvE, fresh start but you keep skills earned- (The AI sailors won't bitch). In the PvP world where hostility is among human players -equable playing requires all to be on the same playing field -0.

Makes sense to me...........................

56 minutes ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

New players will be completely hello kittyed no matter what. 

WE know how to play the game. They do not.

they cannot ‘wipe’ our experience: and I fear what others predicted will come true: 

new players come to this game will be farmed to death and quit in a week as ‘veteran’ players rush to gain max rank, xp , and dubs 

you would have done that anyway.

Edited by andymanty

1 hour ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

New players will be completely hello kittyed no matter what. 

WE know how to play the game. They do not.

they cannot ‘wipe’ our experience: and I fear what others predicted will come true: 

new players come to this game will be farmed to death and quit in a week as ‘veteran’ players rush to gain max rank, xp , and dubs 

Which is a very strong argument for reinstallation of "R" - Zones !!!

Honestly couldnt understand why they got removed because they were highly welcome to Traders/Haulers and new(er) Players aswell :P 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Routan said:

Bad for vets looking for PvP. So a no go.

Not the whole game should be built around the wishes of us Vets :P 

Especially when this means that the by all of us highly paid (with the loss of our Books and heavily grinded Knowledge Slot) and most needed influx of new Players will be countered by selfish salty PvPers, who will drive those new Players out of the game in days without large R - Zones :( 

...and let us be crystalclear in this point:

We can debate for the next 2 weeks over and over, that this will/would happen because of "evil Devs" has taken us away our shinies... @admin will not change his mind anymore nevertheless... if WE, the COMMUNITY, will drive the new Players literally with purpose out of the game, all our loss was for nothing !!!

Edited by Sir Max Magic
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Routan said:

As admin said. This game isent for everybody. They build the game they liked, dosent matter if anybody playes it.

This has been their motive all along. It really does not matter what people think needs fixing or what direction the game should go or who the game should cater to, it's their game. So enjoy the ride they are providing.

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I'm not calling you ignorant, but if the shoe fits:

The key being this statement here:

702f58a4940f1f11110f53cf18ef1cca.png

And most recently:

And then after that it was encouraged that book knowledge might be preserved, which greatly encouraged people to keep playing:

So if you're intellectually honest you shouldn't be surprised if feelings are strong, since testers literally have been playing under the assumption for over 3 years that some aspect of the grind they were exposed to would be rewarded by not having to re-do it. I personally bought the game in 2016 after reading that first post, knowing that even though I was testing an Early Access game my time would not be wasted. I encouraged others to do so since then based on that.

Thank you for providing the post I had not seen to prove it why I am reading what I am reading concerning the promises. I can fully understand this more clearly. I wish more would not have assumed everyone knows the history of the statements. Again, I thank you for taking the time to provide this information.

BTW, I'm barefoot, LOL

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Jean LaPointe said:

This has been their motive all along. It really does not matter what people think needs fixing or what direction the game should go or who the game should cater to, it's their game. So enjoy the ride they are providing.

If players do not like the game, players do not play the game. If not enough players will play the game after launch, servers will close.

So it matters a lot if players like the game or not, even if it's "devs' game".

Edited by toblerone
  • Like 6

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 9:59 AM, Wraith said:

Wipe only inactive clans. It's far too open to trolling by everyone and their alts, especially given the advantage that EU time zone players will have in establishing new clans on wipe day.

This really should be done Admin.  Giving credit where credit is due, Sir Texas Sir gave a good implementation of this months ago on the forum (it got no response I've ever seen from Admin, but was a good plan).  You can make it a 7-day or so timed redeemable, or you can simply wipe the dead clan names after a week if no one from clan has logged on and re-claimed it.  Or make it a regular 3-month or so purge for inactive clans.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Audacious said:

Deal with it. You are a Tester

I'm kind of tired of seeing this response, it is completely untrue.

We are not testers, we are people who have purchased a retail game product from an online vendor, for real money.  We are players, and NOT testers.

https://store.steampowered.com/earlyaccessfaq/

The Steam Early Access description page tells you exactly what this is, and nowhere even once on this page is the word test or tester used.  This is a game in development that is changing and bought as-is.  You are a player, a customer, and nothing different.  If you are hired or invited by the company for money or maybe nothing but recognition to be a tester then that's different, but buying an early access game simply means it's still in development and can change.

Is this the same as pre-purchasing a game?

No. Early Access is a full purchase of a playable game. By purchasing, you gain immediate access to download and play the game in its current form and as it evolves. You keep access to the game, even if the game later moves from Early Access into fully released.

• Like 5

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 6:40 AM, admin said:

...Names are going to be kept on both servers. You will start the game with a character you had before launch, on war server he/she will have nothing...

This part of it makes a lot of sense even if we are left with nothing on war server.  No one will be able to grief others, stealing names and pretending to be someone they're not and causing confusion.  Thanks for this particular decision.

Not in agreement with 100% of the rest, but I do like that one.

• Like 1

I always kind of figured they were going to end up doing a full wipe regardless of what was said. One of the reasons I never liked the whole notion of having to grind out ship slots and grind for books. But plenty of people kept saying it wasn't a big deal because they already had everything and thought they were going to get to keep it. So, if the shoe fits wear it. 

• Like 1

I think the wipe is great. This is coming from someone with a very limited play time so it will take me forever to get back where I was. I enjoy starting over (I have even reset my profile once by free will). I do not understand why you guys think this game is grindy. If you think battles and trading are grindy then why the hell did you get an age of sail simulator? I have expected this wipe was to happen and think that it would be stupid for the devs to let us keep all our stuff. 

But Developers, I have a suggestion:

Do not increase the price. At least not a lot.        I have tried to get my friends in NA and they are all somewhat interested but the price is what keeps them away. Please do not increase the price, or just not by much.

Thank you!

RuusterIV

• Like 4