Game-Labs Forum

Fresh Start – Wipe information for War and Peace servers.

1 minute ago, vazco said:

I look especially fondly to XP reset - mainly to the fact that RUBLI's experience will be deleted as well. They were too good in this game, fighting them was often a pain in the butt. It's good that they will have to learn everything from the scratch now.

(Ram, Moscalb, Dron441, that's mostly to you :) )

lolololololololololololololololololololololol... 

Once you are right... secound... LOL ! :P I am crying by laughting... ( At this very bad naval action Thread) Thx

Great news on the release happening sooner as opposed to later.  You are getting in on your "spring" schedule.  I'm sorry that we are not keeping book knowledge...it has no negative impact on the release (no slots for the knowledge).  I concur with many of the posters here that clan lists should be looked at for inactivity. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Admin, while i might understand why the team decided this I must word myself against it.

Years of testing and early access created numerous inactive clans.

After sometime inactive clans can be wiped.

The only thing that matters is population. If the pop is there you wont care that you don't have any books, because you'll be sailing from fight to fight. If there is no or low pop then you wont have to regrind because there's no point in playing with no population.

The last full wipe was like the high pop server days, fights from the time you log in, until the time you log out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, admin said:

Names are going to be kept on both servers. You will start the game with a character you had before launch, on war server he/she will have nothing, on peace server he/she will have xp, crafting xp, slots and books. Clan affiliation will remain as it was before the launch.

I'm cornfused...If one server loses everything and the other keeps nearly everything, then does this mean our characters are no longer interchangeable on both servers? Or was this a thing already that they are two separate characters?

Also, will we get to keep the Pandora EA gift?

At any rate, I'm looking forward to release! #BringOnTheWipe

Edited by van der Decken

I do not see any sense in having implemented port management, the huge investment, to destroy it all a month later. If what was wanted was to test the subject, they could have reduced the VMs, CM, doubloons, etc, as a test, warning previously that after the release the costs would be much higher. The feeling I have at this moment is that I have miserably wasted my time. With these gigantic prices, and starting from zero, do not think for a moment that the number of online players will increase significantly. Losing everything gained during thousands of hours of play is not exactly an incentive.

• Like 1

Admins,

So, I have thousands of hours of game time.  Will there be ANY difference in my account's ability to play the game (abilities, etc.) in the two scenarios:

1) I retain my account name and country.

2) I remove my player's name and start a new account.

It doesn't seem like there would be any difference, but somebody mentioned 'something' about losing those hours of in-game experience if you didn't keep your player.

Thanks

1 minute ago, RyebreadMike said:

Admins,

So, I have thousands of hours of game time.  Will there be ANY difference in my account's ability to play the game (abilities, etc.) in the two scenarios:

1) I retain my account name and country.

2) I remove my player's name and start a new account.

It doesn't seem like there would be any difference, but somebody mentioned 'something' about losing those hours of in-game experience if you didn't keep your player.

Thanks

It's a full wipe on PVP (unless I misread it), so there will be no difference if you start a new character.  I think that the in game experience that we are talking about is your real life skill at playing this game.  Your character XP is history, mate.

• Like 1

Just now, Slim McSauce said:

DayZ got better after release, maybe NA is one of those "fine wine" type of games. Aye?

More like koolaid.  They have 3 other games in development....It already feels like NA is a bit lower on the developmental totem pole these days.  I don't foresee much more content development post launch.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Severus Snape said:

More like koolaid.  They have 3 other games in development....It already feels like NA is a bit lower on the developmental totem pole these days.  I don't foresee much more content development post launch.  

Afraid of the same.

Just look how slow was the dev process when they didn't split the time for other projects.
Now think about how long will it take if they will be working on 3 different games, while beeing quite small team.

It's really hard to believe, that it's something more than just "get as much out of it, before it dies completely".

Two weeks to release! It seems too good to be true!
So after almost 4 years of development have we reached the end?
Why am I talking about the "end" and not the "beginning"?
I will try to explain it ...
I don't think that in two weeks the following mechanics can be fixed:
1. Hostility: boring and based on PvE mechanics.
2. Economy: goods to be traded are useless and the only possibility of making money is to go around in tlinxs or tbrigs to make cargo missions or passengers missions!
3. Patrol zones: attempt to transform a sandbox game into an arena game.
4. Reals-doubloons-combat medals: too many currencies and the easiest way to get them is PvE (in a PvP server)
5. Clans: a little explored field that could give a lot to the game, too basic
6. Raids: no one knows anything anymore and it was a chance for smaller clans to have content
7. Elite ships: they simply ruin crafting, perhaps a simpler attempt to solve the problem of lone players?
8. RvR: at the beginning it will be a grinding fest with useless and boring ostility missions and PB vs AIs! We will all sail rattvisans in hostility (who has it)! Then nobody will be interested anymore (except very few cases). The minor ports are almost all useless, the capitals (except some) also.
9. Boarding: couldn't you do better in four years?
So it will be the end and not the beginning because for all I said above, and my impression is that you want to release the game to collect what is left and then good bye (because it is no longer profitable)
It's a pity because with a little more effort it could have become a "must have game", and instead it will be an incomplete "work" that has not been done well enough!
I hope, at least for the sake of your pockets, that once released you will be able to sell thousand of game copies, but I believe instead that there will always be the same players and their numerous alts, which is why the game will languish in limbo for a few months and then it will come to an end, leaving you free to develop your new projects! I hope for you that someone will still have confidence in you (difficult given the importance you give to the commitments made with your testers / customers).
Ad maiora semper!

• Like 28

2 minutes ago, MassimoSud said:

¡Dos semanas para estrenar! ¡Parece demasiado bueno para ser verdad!
Entonces, después de casi 4 años de desarrollo, ¿hemos llegado al final?
¿Por qué estoy hablando del "fin" y no del "comienzo"?
Intentaré explicarlo ...
No creo que en dos semanas se puedan arreglar los siguientes mecanismos:
1. Hostilidad: aburrida y basada en los mecanismos de PvE.
2. Economía: los bienes que se intercambian son inútiles y la única posibilidad de ganar dinero es ¡ir en tlinxs o tbrigs para hacer misiones de carga o misiones de pasajeros!
3. Zonas de patrullaje: intentar transformar un juego de caja de arena en un juego de arena.
4. Real-doubloons-medallas de combate: demasiadas monedas y la forma más fácil de obtenerlas es PvE (en un servidor PvP)
5. Clanes: un campo poco explorado que podría dar mucho al juego, demasiado básico.
6. Incursiones: ya nadie sabe nada y era una oportunidad para que los clanes más pequeños tuvieran contenido.
7. Barcos de élite: simplemente arruinan la elaboración, tal vez ¿Un intento más simple de resolver el problema de los jugadores solitarios?
8. RvR: al principio será un festival de molienda con misiones de ostilidad inútiles y aburridas y PB vs AI. ¡Todos navegaremos ratas en hostilidad (quién lo tiene)! Entonces ya nadie estará interesado (salvo muy pocos casos). Los puertos menores son casi todos inútiles, las capitales (excepto algunos) también.
9. Embarque: ¿no podrías hacerlo mejor en cuatro años?
Así que será el final y no el comienzo porque, por todo lo que dije anteriormente, y tengo la impresión de que desea lanzar el juego para recopilar lo que queda y luego despedirse (porque ya no es rentable)
es una pena porque con un poco más de esfuerzo podría haberse convertido en un "juego imprescindible", y en lugar de eso, será un "trabajo" incompleto que no se ha hecho lo suficientemente bien.
Espero, al menos por el bien de tus bolsillos, que una vez que te lances, puedas vender miles de copias de juegos, pero creo que siempre habrá los mismos jugadores y sus numerosos alts, por lo que el juego languidecerá. en el limbo por unos meses y luego llegará a su fin, ¡dejándote libre para desarrollar tus nuevos proyectos! Espero que alguien aún confíe en usted (difícil dada la importancia que le da a los compromisos adquiridos con sus evaluadores / clientes).
Ad maiora sempre!

51/5000F10.gif.e9bb4fee1a0ca4bd8920e6907bf3f374.gif

For once I completely agree with you.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MassimoSud said:

Why am I talking about the "end" and not the "beginning"?

Yeah...

And Admin beeing called out many times, and instead of making people comfortable saying:

'This is done, this is gonna be changed, this will be applied',

We have more of the same lack of communication...

16 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

It's a full wipe on PVP (unless I misread it), so there will be no difference if you start a new character.  I think that the in game experience that we are talking about is your real life skill at playing this game.  Your character XP is history, mate.

Thanks Angus, that was my take as well .. I just get confused easily ... SHINY!!

3 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Admin, while i might understand why the team decided this I must word myself against it.

Years of testing and early access created numerous inactive clans.

yes i agree, remove clans...... it cleans up at least the load on the none existers ..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and make it at least 5 members to create a clan 

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1