Game-Labs Forum

Fresh Start – Wipe information for War and Peace servers.

21 minutes ago, Hullabaloo said:

Have some members of this community not bothered actually reading the thread and just posted some sanctimonious shite? I think so

If I hadn't read the thread what do you think i was referring to, the announcement?  You pretty much represent exactly who I'm talking about.  

Edited by Capsize More
fat fingers

1 minute ago, Tom Farseer said:

Noone will have those books! Therefore noone needs them to be competitive! There is absolutely no reason to miss having those books!

Plus, I will bet that books will be nerfed....which is probably why they are getting wiped too, come to think about it...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

Newcomers will be farmed like always with or without the books

Not by everybody. There are many players who have no interest in sinking noobs, and routinely let them go. But when they are forced back into an arms race to get CM's to get the books they want/need there will be a lot fewer that are inclined to do that. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Hullabaloo said:

Not by everybody. There are many players who have no interest in sinking noobs, and routinely let them go. But when they are forced back into an arms race to get CM's to get the books they want/need there will be a lot fewer that are inclined to do that. 

You hit the nail on the head, players will be forced into patrols and will get slaughtered.....just so they can get permits to craft 1st rates.  Such an absurdly bad system that didn't work the first time.  Everything in the latest patch is simply just grind content designed to keep players busy without providing any valuable content.  

Folks will stick around for a month or so and I bet we'll even see decently high pop numbers, but the front line system, winner take all mindset and absurdly high BR ports will eventually kill it off.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Tom Farseer said:

I get it, this feels like having your favourite toys taken from you, it kinda sucks. But think about it for a second:

Noone will have those books! Therefore noone needs them to be competitive! There is absolutely no reason to miss having those books!

You clearly do not get it

1. No one will have the books for a few weeks, yes, but soon some will and some won't. Their will always be haves and have nots and newer people playing catch up, whether you wipe the books or not, so why bother?

2. Some players (like Hachi above) are not prepared to grind again for no reason and we might lose them, we might lose some good player also ;)

3. New players will get farmed for cms to replace wiped books, this does not benefit new players even if they think it does.

I'm not upset about losing toys, or even having to regrind, I will do it, I might even enjoy it to a certain extent, but there is no point to it, it's just a waste of time, it achieves nothing

• Like 2

3 hours ago, van der Decken said:

I'm cornfused...If one server loses everything and the other keeps nearly everything, then does this mean our characters are no longer interchangeable on both servers? Or was this a thing already that they are two separate characters?

Also, will we get to keep the Pandora EA gift?

At any rate, I'm looking forward to release! #BringOnTheWipe

They been seperated from your steam account since the last big wipe.  Though I would suggest since they are going to be two seperate servers that they should allow for them to be merge again.  Just make the xp and stuff redeemable on Peace.  Than from that point on the xp you gain on one is shared on the other or something like that.  That way is some one wants level up on peace they can.  than go to war and do some PvP.

I honestly don't plan to level up all 5 chars on WAR, just giong to pick on and do some solo PvP play as I'm pretty much burned out with this game and some many better options are coming out the end of the year and next year.

52 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Yeah, our undercrewed Ratts against 6 1st rates.  Should be fun

you don't have to fight them, just mama duck them away from the circles while some one else caps the circles.

1 hour ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

Do you think game balance is someone with 10 hours being able to compete against someone with thousands? I'll give you a hint: No game ever made has done this because it's not feasible and downright stupid. 

Do you think Port bonus Snow VS Standard Snow fight will end different way when you both have 1k hours played? I talk about this needing a balance, and the books. This is waht most new steam flood players will first struggle. The new flood of players just want to try out the game, not join clans to get ship bonuses. I want balance so standard ships can have at least some chances against bonus ships. Ofcourse play time cannot be balanced and the more advanced player will have edge, but does he need to have even more edge? No he wont.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

I only counted 1 person on this thread saying he was leaving?   you on a different thread or just really needed a sanctimonious moment?  

I'm sure you'll get over it, either way....

1 hour ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

My bet is we'll hit the 700's at prime time...maybe for a week or so.  then back down to the current #'s with the same old faces :)

If that's the case, we will be fully excused to say goodbye to the game, and accept the lost potential.

• Like 1

My only frustration is developers breaking promise over and over again.

I do not care about books, I can understand level start etc., but I do not accept being lied to ... !

In my view it is not even breaking few promises (which is already damn unacceptable) but it is lying...

If they did not LIE, many would stop playing the game, game would be with very few players for the last months, so they could not test some of the aspects. So many people tried to grind the books for the last months cause developers promised the book knowledge after breaking their previous promise. So they grinded like idiots, cause they did not know the truth. Yeah it worked, developers were able to test few more stuff due to these idiots.

And here they come with a nice news, you are not keeping any shit !!!, Clean start ! 

I can except clean start or anything if this information was given timely not TWO WEEKS before the release !

I do not accept these kind of behaviour, I do not trust these people anymore, this is my frustration. I did not grind, I did not do shit for last few months, because it was already aimless, and I just logged in and talked in teamspeak, did some stuff for my clan, that is it. But I know some people took it serious and grinded hard, I am sorry for them.

At least there could be some nice explanation, and some f.. apology for the player base.

It may be harsh for the development team but this is what I think and feel, I believe there is FREEDOM OF SPEECH existing in this forums, I am not insulting any of you but I am deeply sorry for you guys.

Hope you earn some good money and keep developing this very promising game to an acceptable standart and not run away !

• Like 8

1. address the alt problems
  2. Make clan creation cost 100k real
  3. Change BR for ports
  4. change commerce to attract Trader player again
  5. make a Capital Zone bigger to protect the noobs
  6. Put more fleet of all rank everywhere to be able to grind
  7. balance the Freetown between nation
  8. find an alliance model 

and this is only a few topics, AND YOU SAY THE GAME IS READY TO LAUNCH?!

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, Custard said:

Good decision, it's a pity the clan history is not to be wiped

its an option but the problem with this option is that people will take popular clan games just for lols.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Ptigibus said:
  2. Make clan creation cost _____ reals

its an interesting way to limit conquest in the early days

But the problem is that many would chose clan name over waiting for port battles.
For many their clan name is key and if we wipe clans they might lose it. And if we do not wipe clans this option becomes impossible

• Like 3

1 minute ago, admin said:

But the problem is that many would chose clan name over waiting for port battles.
For many their clan name is key and if we wipe clans they might lose it. And if we do not wipe clans this option becomes impossible

Wipe the clans !

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, admin said:

could we have a middle ground?

Clan name/tags are wiped if ALL players in that clan have been inactive for over 1 month? A 1 - time reset.

EDIT: Also Clan tags costing 100k real or whatever.... I can get that in 1 cargo mission - it'll take me 20 minutes. that's not a real limiter.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I'd definitely squat on BORK if I got to it first.. it should be a pirate clan anyway. ;) 

I'd use the ransom I'd charge for it to fund our first three shipyard upgrades.

As I said, all players in a clan - if they have been inactive for more than a month the clan tag/name would be wiped. 

I'm sure someone would ransom the VCO name too if they could. There are unfortunately players who like that stuff and relish in the fact in getting more people to dislike them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Intrepido said:

- Stay respectful. You have been warned. - the Moderation team -

maybe this warning fits some one else aswell?

10 hours ago, Capitalism said:

So not even book and ship knowledge will be retained? :( What a kick in the nuts to your testers after all the original promises....

Testers will get a promised gift)) that should balance the outraged crowd. Lol

Edited by Audacious

2 hours ago, AeRoTR said:

My only frustration is developers breaking promise over and over again.

I do not care about books, I can understand level start etc., but I do not accept being lied to ... !

In my view it is not even breaking few promises (which is already damn unacceptable) but it is lying...

If they did not LIE, many would stop playing the game, game would be with very few players for the last months, so they could not test some of the aspects. So many people tried to grind the books for the last months cause developers promised the book knowledge after breaking their previous promise. So they grinded like idiots, cause they did not know the truth. Yeah it worked, developers were able to test few more stuff due to these idiots.

And here they come with a nice news, you are not keeping any shit !!!, Clean start ! 

I can except clean start or anything if this information was given timely not TWO WEEKS before the release !

I do not accept these kind of behaviour, I do not trust these people anymore, this is my frustration. I did not grind, I did not do shit for last few months, because it was already aimless, and I just logged in and talked in teamspeak, did some stuff for my clan, that is it. But I know some people took it serious and grinded hard, I am sorry for them.

At least there could be some nice explanation, and some f.. apology for the player base.

It may be harsh for the development team but this is what I think and feel, I believe there is FREEDOM OF SPEECH existing in this forums, I am not insulting any of you but I am deeply sorry for you guys.

Hope you earn some good money and keep developing this very promising game to an acceptable standart and not run away !

Deal with it. You are a Tester

• Like 1