Game-Labs Forum

Fresh Start – Wipe information for War and Peace servers.

4 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

If you don't like the game, just stop playing and go find another game that's not EA and will never change. If you like the game, then just play. Frankly, all of us who plan to keep playing are rather tired of hearing the same complaint for the last 2 months. Deal with it, or don't and move on. You should not be trying to influence those who plan to continue playing to instead be in a rage like you are. We are comfortable with our lives and are comfortable with no game ever influencing our lives so much that we would consider it a wasted life. I personally loved the grind of ranking up and welcome it again.

This is 100% my feeling.  

If you dont don’t enjoy the game, just don’t play it.  

Why all the pearl-clutching and drama?!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, n_Ka said:

Slave! The deal was no wipe if you buy the game in EA.

Now, i am sure you have alts and buying all the dlc.

Enjoye slave.

You can try all you'd like to insult me, but it's futile. I have no alts, and have never bought a DLC. Thank you tho, because I will enjoy....all over again, because it was fun the first time around and will be so again.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mascarino said:

Fanboy until the end.

You’re such a rebel.  I’m sure you’ll be able to deal with it.  

Im gonna enjoy the hell out of it.  

But then again, I’m not one of you “power -gamers”....

• Like 2

I am eager to see the steam review graphs this month. Will Gamelabs advertise as promised years ago the now released game with its precious 58% rating? Will the rating drop down as expected by me below 50 or will it even raise? How many people will actually go back and play it, if so, for how long? 2 days, 2 weeks or even 2 months? When will the server be shut down, end of this year? Next year or even 2 years? I guess only the future can tell.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vernon Merrill said:

If you dont don’t enjoy the game, just don’t play it.

The problem is that there are many people who do not like the game now, for multiple reasons. If you say that to people, you run a risk: stay alone in the game, and then, it will not like you either. The games are made for fun, and in this, as it is now is not fun. Things have been added, which are very expensive to obtain, we are encouraged to do PvP and then rare permits are given to the most used ships to make PvP. Everyone walks like crazy looking for permits, doubloons, CM etc for their respective bonus ports, there is very little PvP and too much "work" that is not precisely naval action. That's why a lot of people do not like how the game is.

1 hour ago, Vernon Merrill said:

and drama?!

The drama is coming. Cheers!

• Like 4

I would advise people to not buy any downloads for a couple months because this game might just implode and servers get shut down, making every dlc purchase useless. Is it even legal to sell content for a game that has a high chance of shutting down?

Edited by Simon Cadete
  • Like 6

17 minutes ago, Simon Cadete said:

I would advise people to not buy any downloads for a couple months because this game might just implode and servers get shut down, making every dlc purchase useless. Is it even legal to sell content for a game that has a high chance of shutting down? 

no the servers have to run for a certain amount of time, if they are closed before, they will have to annoy themselves with claims of damages from some lawyers.

You know, I wouldn’t mind the wipe if the ending of our long early access “test” was a success. We’d have a cool game we could all now play from the beginning. Everything would finally come together. But instead, the game in most ways, with the exception of visual, is no better or even worse than it was two years ago. 

• Like 13

Okay, I have stated an opinion. I have been shown post that was there concerning the wipe et al. So here is the question for the Dev's...

We have been playing this game for 4+ years, all of the previous wipes have been for the mechanic and play-ability of the game and resets were for fresh starts to test different patches to make the game as fair as possible and to enhance the fighting/crafting and trading aspects.New people kept coming into the game (and still do) and will continue to do after the release of the game. So it makes no sense at all to completely wipe a game for new people to have a chance in being equal on the playing field because what are you going to do with those that join in 1month, 6 months 1 year from now when the game map has been sliced up as it is today???

I can see resetting all ports to their default characteristics but leave the individuals' rank, experience and earnings alone - it's not going to change the game play one bit. All it is doing right ow is make for poor moral among the players already into the game. 

Please sirs, reconsider what you planning to do and its over all effect it is having on this community.

Thank you,

• Like 16

NA is not a AAA game, it belongs to a niche market, let's face it. NA has been visible on steam for more than 3 years, sales and DLC increased periodically number of players, but those players were mostly lost in the following weeks. All players seeking for such a sailing game have probably already bought it years ago, and most of those who left are unlikely to come back.

So what do you expect from a "release" that is just an other update, an other version number of the game ? Thousands of new players ? I would like, but I have serious doubts. Plus, if you upset a large number of remaining veterans by forcing them to grind all over again, noobs won't be protected, they will be smashed for XP grinding...and probably leave.

Fresh start feature has always been available, it's called "New Character" in menu.

Ultimate point and I stop talking, how can you finish the game (Raid, BR limits etc etc) if no one is able to sail appropriates ships before weeks/monthes ? i bet more wipes are coming...

I wish you good luck, we'll see how it turns, hopefully for the best.

• Like 10

11 hours ago, Vernon Merrill said:

You’re such a rebel.  I’m sure you’ll be able to deal with it.  

Im gonna enjoy the hell out of it.  

But then again, I’m not one of you “power -gamers”....

i wouldnt say a guy is a "power-gamer" if he wants to fix balance, flaws in the system or make the game playable for lower ranks..

Whatmakes you developers think that a ull wipe of ships on the pvE server will be very excititing and will do players keep playing? Guys i just buy DLC flags and collors and you come with a notice like this? 

If full wipe really happen after this so called "release", thx for all and bye bye Naval Action. I spended 1055 hours of fight and fun to be where I am to you guys just blow it up? No, thanks.

• Like 8

You guys forget that we can't craft the way you can on pvp server, and thats why your comments just are ignorant.

We can't just add port boni to the ships like you and we can't conjure whatever we want including life oak to grow in our own harbor.

I've tried for 3 months now to craft a decent LO, no luck (not to mention that i can't craft 1 with port bonuses)

I was lucky enough to catch a half decent LO via elite note, which even though it's halfarsed compared to what can be crafted on PvP server, is still far better than what we can craft on PvE.

I'll loose it and will again depend on rng to get a new one ...or not.

Wipe on PvE is nothing else but ridiculous, Vernon had that right.

Edited by Jan van Santen
  • Like 12

1 minute ago, Jan van Santen said:

We can't just add port boni to the ships like you and we can't conjure whatever we want including life oak to grow in our own harbor.

I thought you could just buy your wood in port at the Admiralty?

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 8:09 AM, Ferdinand de LaSalle said:

After Wipe: 

• Can i buildt up a brand new character with new name and the clan list and the friend list still exists (for me and for my friends)?
  •  What is about the actual daily reinforcement of pandoras, is this rule for older players also gone??
  •  The DEV´s said, if you pass the final exam you can start with a higher crew after wipe? Is that true? 

• If you delete your character after the wipe, you will start a brand new chracter without old friends and clan. However you can change your nickname by using DLC Forged paper to keep the friend list and your clan
  • Reinforcement of DLS ships has not changed and will not be changed after the wipe - players will be able to redeem ships the same it was before the wipe. Upon the wipe cooldowns on all DLC will also be wiped
  • For PVP server: Tutorial progress will be wiped on release, once you manage to complete the whole tutorial after the wipe, you will be granted M&C rank
    • For PVE server: Tutorial progress will be wiped on release, but players will keep their accumulated experience in the redeemable box after the wipe. 

Also, please link the dev post you mentioned above - we are pretty sure we didn't say that in the wipe announcement

• Like 1