Game-Labs Forum

Fresh Start – Wipe information for War and Peace servers.

PvE is the only reason I still play Naval Action. The only reason I would have recommended it too. But in it's current state, it is the biggest mess it has been in since steam EA release. In just under 2 months time the PvE server has been reduced to something I cannot even describe, compared to the build this time last year.  The ships are unbalanced, the NPC's are over buffed (For new players especially) the Elite NPC are a great addition for end game content, but at the same time decimated ship crafting by not giving crafters access to Port Bonuses on the PvE server.

I could care less if there was even a complete wipe, but with the shallow crafting and more grind added to an already big grind makes me want to give up on this game all together. Fixing the problems currently on PvE cannot be that difficult to accomplish, but for some reason, I feel the few things that are needed will be ignored and this title is DOA. Don't get me wrong, I want this game to flourish and to grow. I want to recommend it to all my gaming friends. This game could be a top tier indie game. Such great potential being abused currently IMHO.  Maybe if the Dev's came on and played PvE (Friendly and helpful gamers) for a few day's and not PvP (A Toxic Sh**hole) They might just find what most if not all of us find in this game, something wonderful and not that hard to fix. If they really wanted PvE to be a so called " relaxing place" to get away from PvP madness, one would think a relaxing place would have BALANCE to it. You know, relax, get balanced..Hint, hint

• Like 10

I have played NA since it's inception and early Steam delivery.  I have gone through many past wipes.  I don't have the rationale for the latest wipe. Assume from what I read that it could be financial.  This wipe appears very drastic.  Fortunately, I left the PVP version quite some time ago because I found that the large amount of time I consumed in attempting to be a good clan member and building on the game in buildings, ships, crafting and trading took up quite a bit of my time.  I am retired, so I know that I may have more time than many of those who are still working.  I recognize the many comments regarding the time devoted to the game.  I'm in the same boat!  What I become concerned with is having the unknown regarding when the next full wipe will take place.  While building back up is fun in a manner, there is time spent doing so and there is a sense of accomplishment in the process.  However, there comes a time when the hours devoted to the game have to be examined to see what the alternatives might be.  Truthfully, I love the game and have talked it up with youngsters thinking about the game.  In a way, I think some of those I have sold the game to are leery with the status of the game as being a beta and the continuous wipes taking all the rewards they have already attained.  It would be great to continue with the game, but I am concerned that there comes a time when judgment must prevail regarding the future assurances that changes which set us all back won't be occurring with the same frequencies we have experienced since the early development of the game.  At some time, the development has to come to a stage that says "That's it. You have a product that may face certain changes to make associated fixes and corrections, but the game will stay the basic game and future wipes will not become an annual event"  Guess like many of you, I will have to see what occurs.  This is not to say that I wouldn't go on to see how the latest wipes have made changes. But like many, I am starting to question my gaming time in an arena where at least annually the game is completely rebuilt and many of us lose what we've built.  Take care Mates, see you on the high seas for as long as we can.  

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, Horatio 15 said:

But like many, I am starting to question my gaming time in an arena where at least annually the game is completely rebuilt and many of us lose what we've built. 

It would be reassuring to know that the release wipe is the final one. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

If they're wiping something on the PVE server it's because they have to.  They're even compensating to some degree. 

PVP has the same chance of your so-called perfect ships.  I agree that PVP does have the port bonus system over you and  I fail to see why PVE server cant have that, but c'mon, don't make shit up.

Have to? Why? Feel free to post screenshots or forum links to a detailed explanation relevant to the PvE server.

PvP can decide to give a ship Lo/Wo + Hull 4, PvE has to roll the dice on an Elite Note, and can get silly stuff like Lo/Fir with Hull 3, on a lucky roll. 

That's not "the same chance", since the refit slots are just part of the RNG. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Can you tell me what the winning lottery numbers will be for this Friday while you're at it, Nostradamus??

I bet the number of people online 3 months after release will go down to the same numbers as now, or lower.

How many developers do you think are still working on NA content, versus that new Frontiers game?

How long will the servers be maintained while operating at a loss after release?

7 hours ago, Papillon said:

I'm not sure why you continue to antagonize people with your poor and erroneous assumptions on this forum about what they do or do not do in the game, but take it elsewhere pal.

I do play on the PVE server and I do happen to think it's a good compromise.  That's my opinion or I wouldn't have stated it, take it or leave it, but don't presume to tell me what I am on any server.  If you don't agree with it keep your own opinion.  You neither play my character nor have a clue how I do.  Stick to your own playstyle and don't presume to tell me mine after a few thousand hours in the game.  And your toxicity lately on this forum is part of the problem with player base morale.  Don't continue to send me PM's either to harrass me off the official forums as you have, you are on my ignore list there.

I can apologize for the false assumption, though I specifically spoke about Ship Collectors. Your opinion is noted, but I don't see the arguments in support. Everyone has an opinion. I have my opinion on whether NA PvP is worth playing, and have no arguments convincing enough to bring people I played with back into the game.

Regarding this false allegation of toxicity, I can safely start a tribunal showing the screenshots of our PM exchange, where it will be easily visible who was toxic. 

5 hours ago, toblerone said:

The move was prepared in advance by making prices for upgrading buildings (at least to highest tiers) horribly high. Hence, by wiping assets at launch, PVE veterans will be compelled to stay online a lot of hours to grind back their assets (mainly in order to re-build shipyards level 3), so game population will stay high for at least some days and newbies will tell "oooooh …. how many players there are here". And when the period for the refund is gone, well …. newbies will not be important anymore.

Now call me cynical, but this is the only logical explanation I could see for an asset wipe in peace server.

That is quite realistic. It's the simplest and most typical explanation. I touched on it with the Path of Exile reference, there is definitely a post-wipe activity spike as people go through the motions before they realize it's not new enough of an experience. I didn't think about the refund angle, nice catch. 

Edited by Tenet
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Can you tell me what the winning lottery numbers will be for this Friday while you're at it, Nostradamus??

Kthanks!

he is actually correct though, the game is shallow if this is the contents thats going to come, everything is a huge grind without a reward in the end and stuff becomes boring, this is why people quit because they cant be arsed doing the grind to max rank because there is nothing special in the middle ground.

The trading isnt worth it. There is nothing special owning San Marcos instead of Pampatar (growing forests, all the same port bonuses, admirality upgrades better then eu trader upgrades). Its considered a valid tactic to tag people into combat, leave after 5 mins and retag with a bigger force. There is literally NO High Risk = High Reward system. There is no reward for making top 3 on pvp Leaderboard (IMO this should be a HUGE reason to draw people into PvP). The Flags and Paints were made DLC which i highly disagree with, as these are perfect objects that could be put into the game as reward for actually doing in game stuff.

These are just a few i could bother writing down atm because you wont probably read this anyway, i got alot more coming if you need more reasons why Nostradamus is spot on, and alot of these problems have gotten good workarounds suggestions afaik, and i would guarantee if just a handful of these would be tested and the game wouldnt feel as a huge grind there would be alot more players than staying, even if the wipe would be announced.

If you like the game as it is Vernon so be it, but alot more people had hopes for it to become something bigger because the game genre got a huge potential.

My so true opnin: do this only for the pvp server so. Let them unity 10-11 basic cutters to sink new players on basic cutters. It will be "more balanced".

I can't belive how this....... people still saying ok for a wipe thiking that is a good idea for the game. The number of people wipe and "relese" will bring: 0. 

Is not enough ai stupidly buffed? Bellonas siking  Locenas, immortal Belle Poules? Now a ... wipe?

please developers wake up and leave the pvE server in peace is it is called peace server. And please stop to turn pvE hard every manutantion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simon Cadete said:

What a shocker!!! The rover guys support the devs and like everything that they do!!

What a shocker!  Simon Cadete complaining....  

And for the record, there are plenty of things about the game that I think should be different.  

The difference between myself and some others is that I am adult enough to realize that:

1)what *I * want may not be what everyone else wants and

2)that I may have to accept that certain things are not to my liking.  

Therefore, my choices are simple, I can either choose to NOT play the game, because the bad outweighs the good or I can accept that things may not be exactly how I want them, but that I still enjoy it enough to play.  

Its really simple.  

P.S.—. Yes, it’s quite ok to respectfully disagree with the devs and make legitimate suggestions. No, it’s not ok to bitch and moan and predict impending doom just because YOUR vision of the game is not what is provided.  

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Tenet said:

Regarding this false allegation of toxicity, I can safely start a tribunal showing the screenshots of our PM exchange, where it will be easily visible who was toxic...

OK whatever.  You contacted me for an argument, not the other way around.  You must've been beat up and shoved in a locker as a child, so I guess I understand your constant aggression.  But now I guess the ignore function becomes once again useful...

Edited by Papillon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Papillon said:

OK whatever.  You contacted me for an argument, not the other way around.  Yiubmust've been beat up and shoved in a locker as a child, so I guess I understand your constant aggression.  But now I guess the ignore function becomes once again useful...

It puts the lotion in the basket, or else it gets the hose again.

The game has beautiful ships, and that will likely keep me coming back until the end.

Edited by Tenet

6 hours ago, Tenet said:

How long will the servers be maintained while operating at a loss after release?

If they made it free to play, I think they'd get enough income from dlcs to keep a server open for a very long time. (and fix the low player count)

However, that strategy is probably not well aligned with the devs plans. (cash out and move on) 

• Like 4

also just a general question, when they decided to redo the currency from gold to reals/doubloons which was a good idea IMO, were there more then me that thought you could excange reals to doubloons and vice versa at a current rate eg 32 reals was worth 1 doubloon etc?

11 hours ago, Intrepido said:

I strongly believe PVE server should be completely wiped so their players can also enjoy again the leveling from scratch.

I get why ships and resources should be wipe on both servers do every one gets a fresh start and we don’t know what ship changes they might do on release build, but blows my mind they are complaining when they keep every thing else.  It won’t be long for them to have things built back up cause they don’t have to level back up. 

Hell I wish I could transfer my rank/crafting and knowledge over there and play with it.  

12 hours ago, Jean LaPointe said:

OMG, here we go again. I thought the riff between PvP and PvE was long gone. It saddens me to see it rear it's ugly head again.

It’s funny I see just as much toxic level from the PVE guys as PvP.  There a reason I have a Spanish Main on PVE I don’t let folks know about.  When I log in My main there is always on toxic guy that prob just knows my name from the futons.    Funny thing is I have put in a lot of suggestions to try to make PVE a better place.

Yes I still think there should be one server with zones but hay that is just my option.  Mainly cause having all resource in one game/server means more content for all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

It won’t be long for them to have things built back up cause they don’t have to level back up. 

Gold ships, although they are now worthless since we can't get port boni on PvE for the time being.

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

It’s funny I see just as much toxic level from the PVE guys as PvP. 

The hatred towards PvP players mostly comes from your PvP Forum Warriors who know best what is good or not for the PvE crowd. But you are right, toxicity is contagious, and that's why we'd rather stay away from your server.

• Like 4