Game-Labs Forum

Fresh Start – Wipe information for War and Peace servers.

Captains
Here is the final information on the player accounts on the launch of the game.
Estimated launch week - 10-14th June

War server: 

• Full reset: 
    • Everyone starts fresh from clean slate. Only clan lists will remain intact.
    • Tutorial progress will be reset

Peace server

• Partial reset:
    • XP, Crafting XP, Knoweldge slots and knowledge books will remain
    • Everything else will be wiped, and tutorial progress will be reset.
    • Compensation ships for latest server problems will be added on launch as a timed redeem

Names are going to be kept on both servers. You will start the game with a character you had before launch, on war server he/she will have nothing, on peace server he/she will have xp, crafting xp, slots and books. Clan affiliation will remain as it was before the launch.

• Like 49

Just now, Vizzini said:

this would mean we will start again from the point of character creation and chose name and nation as if we were a day 1 noob ?

almost, the difference is that you probably have 1000 more game hours experience then that guy  that starts fresh

1 minute ago, Wyy said:

almost, the difference is that you probably have 1000 more game hours experience then that guy  that starts fresh

yeah for those thinking about changing nations , names , clans etc ..it's fairly important to know

I was always under the impression that regardless of what was said in the past, a full reset was inevitable and needed.

I am happy it's finally happening, 2 years for me and longer for a lot of you

• Like 1

Boo! I don't see the point in this. Big boring pause on the War server now while everyone puts effort into grinding books back up, and get back to pretty much exactly how it already was. instead of doing other stuff that would have made the server more exciting. Waste of time imo

• Like 9

When can we expect final patch notes for relase?

There are still mutliple questions:

- Alliances
- Port Upgrade points cost
- Rebalancing of the port bonuses
- BR limits

Why do I feel like we're rushing out through the door something not really fixed?

• Like 4

Game-Labs admins, well, this is the time You should be most active on communication with the community.

You want an income, we want a proper game, sure. 
But how can we advertise, or propose the game to people at launch if we are left in the middle of total chaos?

With 2 weeks left, and so many questions - are we gonna get some precise answers today?

What about the Alliances? What about the port bonuses? 

Please don't make it look like You want to squeeze it in just for Steam Summer Sale, and then drop the project in favour of other 3 games You're working on currently... :(

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

Sad that you walked back even the ship and book knowledge retention. I can't honestly think this is in any way a good idea as even those testers that have stuck with you after walking back the previous promise at Early Access release of rank and crafting xp being safe, are now hung out to dry.  😣

I expect that there will be plenty of new negative reviews and I know of at least a couple people that will be leaving the game after this from our clan. And what does it accomplish besides yet more negative publicity just before launch? 

They're gonna get 50,000 new players, didn't you know. The people that have played an alpha with constant wipes for 2 years were never going to stay. It's the players that join a release product they buy in a sale which stick around. Duh.

1 minute ago, Iroquois Confederacy said:

So, basically anyone who bought PvP reward books during the window where all was tied to PvE rewards are upset that they no longer have that advantage over newcomers.

Good.

They don't need the advantage, It's not about having advantage or not it's about the grinding again.

• Like 3