Game-Labs Forum

Fresh Start – Wipe information for War and Peace servers.

9 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

I would never make such grind if I knew it was going to be wiped. 

You should of proposed something earlier, this is exactly why you need a full wipe, to test the grind that every single new player will have to go through. If it's too much for you it's not too late to make a suggestion to remove book grind. It's different when you're not sitting comfortably anymore, but a wipe is to be expected always for release, that's how it tends to go.

30 minutes ago, admin said:

Only clan lists will remain intact

Admin, while i might understand why the team decided this I must word myself against it.

Years of testing and early access created numerous inactive clans.

• Like 10

Just now, the Triad said:

They don't need the advantage, It's not about having advantage or not it's about the grinding again.

If there was no advantages and all would be equal in stats, only skill would matter and no one would need to cry.

This is how broken the current bonus on bonus on bonus system is.

It makes people cry because they don't have these advantages anymore,

BUT STILL ARE FORCED TO GRIND THEM AGAIN. Because they know these advantages are needed to be effective!

If the advantages were not such grand, and you could effectively in standard Brig enjoy pvp at low level no one would need to cry out.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Iroquois Confederacy said:

that they no longer have that advantage over newcomers

Yes we will. There will always be 'newcomers' and we will always have that advantage. It's just now we have to do the boring grind all over to get back to exactly the same state again. If you are saying don't have books and don't have advantages, I am with you. But this is just pointless extra grind to revert back to exactly how it already is

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, the Triad said:

They don't need the advantage, It's not about having advantage or not it's about the grinding again.

If you don’t like grinding....  don’t power grind.  

You just said it’s “not about the advantage”.

All I see is people who got wayyyy too comfortable having all the shinies pissed that they’re gonna no longer be “special” for a few months.  

Hopefully some new blood will rise up and become the new top dogs.  

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Im struggling with the decision to end with the game. Cant see myself repeating everything again, I have never done that with another game.

It is so sad to see this kind of decisions.

Early access ese..Deal with it :)

• Like 1

Happy with full wipe for pvp and partial for pve.

We all knew this was coming. The campaigners for knowledge-retainment have made their case as did the others, devs made a decision.

End of story. Let it go, suck it up, get over it and continue to play or not.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Hullabaloo said:

Yes we will. There will always be 'newcomers' and we will always have that advantage. It's just now we have to do the boring grind all over to get back to exactly the same state again. If you are saying don't have books and don't have advantages, I am with you. But this is just pointless extra grind to revert back to exactly how it already is

Grind is a moot discussion, as it relates to how a individual approaches the game world, some folk enjoy the game without grinding, so let's not project our own expectations to everyone else experience, but we all have amounts of knowledge on how the game works. That is undeniable.

That being said, 2 weeks to release. That's a breeze.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

I could deal if the promises were kept. No matter if they said we were or not going to retain the slots or books.

I think we should just get over with it.

If guys who feel they were betrayed And a promise was broken still play. Who's the real sucker then?

Does it suck? Yeah. Is it time to move on? Yes.

If you don't like it, don't play.

• Like 6

my thread in ''suggestion'' section about GAMEPLAY RULES FOR PLAYERS has been removed , so i ask again here.

we absolutely need a RuleList that must be observed by all new and old playerbase to avoid the USE of exploit or ''un-solved'' old mechanic of the game.  this to preserve as much as possible the future new-player base.

thanks Devs, i don't like really much to grind all again but i think this is the only good choice you/we have to make a new player-base grow up well and safely before Vets starts  Hardcore-PVP around again.

thanks!

• Like 3

BTW its NOT the same for everyone: Don't kid yourselves about 'fairness'.  Clan leaders, big names, Admin's pets will have all the books back in weeks given to them by minions, (probably as redeemables from Admin some of them!). Solo and new players will have to grind them all back, with hours and hours of game play over months or longer if RNG gods are unkind. There will be nothing 'fair' or 'equal 'about any of it.

While the content of the post stays as is, there are no privileged ones other than in your "head". Warning issued. - the Moderation team -

• Like 8

Just now, Hullabaloo said:

BTW its NOT the same for everyone: Don't kid yourselves about 'fairness'.  Clan leaders, big names, Admin's pets will have all the books back in weeks given to them by minions, (probably as redeemables from Admin some of them!). Solo and new players will have to grind them all back, with hours and hours of game play over months or longer if RNG gods are unkind. There will be nothing 'fair' or 'equal 'about any of it

lol

As to my opinion now:

I agree that a full wipe is necessary for release; however, how can I trust the development team?

First it was keep ranks/craft XP, then that went.

Second it was keep books/knowledge, and now that is gone too.

At this point, what is to stop the development team deciding after 6 months of play that the game has stagnated and a full player wipe is needed to bring players in again?

I will certainly be playing after release, but I will always be cautious now of the potential for the development team to change what will happen in the future at the whims of their late night coding sessions. This cloud will be forever hanging over those of us from the old guard, regardless of any assurances we may get. The development team now has a proven track record of going back on what they say.

I also personally think this is too rushed in order to make it in time for the Steam Sale. There are many features (Raid, Port bonus changes, PB BR limits) which are completely missing, broken, or unbalanced and could have a significant impact on a release product. A balance problem/bug in EA/alpha/beta is easy to work around (too bad is a valid excuse). Once you have a release product, this excuse doesn't fly anymore.

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

I could deal if the promises were kept. No matter if they said we were or not going to retain the slots or books.

Dude i see you only crying about everything..It would be the best you stop playing :)

- Do not flame others - the Moderation team

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, the Triad said:

the problem is that there is no proper reward for grinding, the only reward in the game is max rank and knowledge books, the rest is immersion.

Although i expected a clean wipe from the moment i bought the game on release, but its not good that the devs have been going back and forth on mechanics and balances and directly lying to their customers

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, Hawkwood said:

Dude i see you only crying about everything..It would be the best you stop playing :)

+1