Game-Labs Forum

Development Responses to Feature Proposals 2

From the art proposals

Sent to programmers for estimation of work

• @Nixolai - Show information on ship books in Open sea in F 
  • @Mormegil - Ship tags in Navy information
  • @der Wallone - sound playing during attack (but it will only be for one player - we wont spam others with your sounds)

Delayed or rejected

• @van stiermarken - multiple flags and improvements for banners and pennants - impossible to rework the tech
    • Sea Legends will allow full flexibility with banners
  • @Audacious-  add wooden or metal textures and form to windows and other parts - UI is finished and changing things back and forth like in 2017 is not going to achieve anything
  • @mexicanbatman - Increase amount of sailors - no animation work is planned, due to complexity and low budgets for this. 

Combat

@GrubbyZebra - launches or launched small cutter fireships were planned but delayed. Will review again

@William Death- Random fire mode - ok will review (i use random fire sometimes)

Not rejected but impossible to do within reasonable time range

• @Sea Archer Short range musket fire - It was tested internally and did not click as it requires animations, sounds, visuals of musketmen on masts, + significant rework of combat shooting which might break everything
    • Sea legends has proper musket fire mechanics. Reverse coding it into NA will take too much time
  • @Krists Different ammunition on different decks - significant rework of UI will be required and it is not an easy feature to make look good. 
    • Sea Legends has proper management of gun batteries (per battery), but reverse coding it into NA will take too much time.

Rejected

@Sea Archer - Water depths -  3d depths will require map rework and without good visualization this feature will only cause hate and frustration. Its good on paper but would be bad without proper visuals.

@Gamover- close battles on request - will review again, but most likely answer is no, because despite you wanting them to close this will reduce options for others. 90% chance for NO.

To be continued

RVR

Sent to programmer for estimation

@qw569😳 - global clan leaderboard 

@HamBlower - mortar brig damage and range buff - under review

@Yachteru - add names for players - under review

Rejected or delayed

@Bodye - allow deletion of outposts with ships - impossible, we allowed this in the past and have no time to recover assets for people who deleted by mistakes. 

@MassimoSud - clan civil war - impossible to rework nations without complete wipe, in addition to that - players come to sail for a flag. Whats important is that we now know what kind of nations should and how national mechanics must work for future games. 

@TheDread - Allow port transfer without the loss of investments. - Port transfer is not available by design. If port transfer is cheap and free it creates too many exploits. Also its not historical. No nation was able to transfer regions to another nation peacefully without loss of productivity.

• Like 14

Under review

@Krists - Clan ship docks

@Captain Reverse - Crafting progression per player not per port 

@Genevieve Malfleurs - Ship Contracts

Rejected

@MassimoSud - AI Bots Trading on map. Impossible to implement due to anti hacking and anti exploit architecture. Everything we have in game is on the server, adding a real ship to the map is adding to server capacity (which is 2500 max). Possible in the game client but can be hacked 

@admin

can you post links to proposals indtead usernames?

P.S. люди поднимали в топ изначально непроходные варианты (как оказалось), соответственно на остальные обращали меньше внимания, типа я сделал свой выбор, хочу ЭТО, не хочу чтобы ВМЕСТО этого прошло что-то еще. 

про барабанный бой - в голосе ВСЕГДА проговаривается кто кого тагает (если никто не тупит), даже с отсчетом. если я не получаю оповещения, что меня вот-вот затянет в бой - какой смысл?

Edited by SnovaZdorowa
  • Like 1

Вообще удивляет, что косметика в топе по предложениям, такое ощущение что люди на ПвЕ сервере играют, других проблем видимо нет. Круги для входа в земле прям непоправимая проблема уже сколько лет и всем плевать.

Предложение Бетмена вообще как в топе оказалось, кому нахрен надо больше моряков, вот кому? Что-то мне подсказывает что система лайков работает не так как нужно. Плюсы раздают "своим" по просьбе в сообе или на стриме, независимо от степени бредовости и необходимости.

Edited by Dekillos
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Dekillos said:

Вообще удивляет, что косметика в топе по предложениям, такое ощущение что люди на ПвЕ сервере играют, других проблем видимо нет. Круги для входа в земле прям непоправимая проблема уже сколько лет и всем плевать.

Предложение Бетмена вообще как в топе оказалось, кому нахрен надо больше моряков, вот кому? Что-то мне подсказывает что система лайков работает не так как нужно. Плюсы раздают "своим" по просьбе в сообе или на стриме, независимо от степени бредовости и необходимости.

Так и есть... чем больше клан, тем больше лайков. Постят, потом просят "своих" поддержать и зачмырить чужое. Сам стал этому свидетелем...

• Like 3

6 hours ago, admin said:

From the art proposals

Delayed or rejected

• @mexicanbatman - Increase amount of sailors - no animation work is planned, due to complexity and low budgets for this. 

Thank for reviewing it anyhow , like my friends said to me its not the most important feature to add so i didnt get my hopes up too mutch 

• Like 1

The idea of GamOver wasn't bad, but it would catch the gankers and then not. 

Maybe they don't understand that even PVP players occasionally need to relax with PvE without being disturbed

Try to figure how many player you could keep instead thinking only at the old ones

Edited by Conte D. Catellani

3 hours ago, AeRoTR said:

Musket fire between ships, we do not need to see anything, a tiny sound, may be little bit of smoke, and reducing numbers of crew on enemy ships, that is what is needed, not more. 

@admin ?

I think POTB only had a bubble around your ship to let you know when your close.  UA:AoS doesn't show you anything other than you have tickers above your ship of loosing crew.   I know both these games the combat is simular to each other and not exactly like NA's, but it just shows you don't need fancy stuff.  I'll just be happy with a warning and ticker of crew lost above like when you shoot some one, but it can be given to both parties.  Just give the warning when your within 50M's ( assume that would be musket range).  Have it either fire the warning ever time a ship fires it's muskets (once ever minute or two I think was the average fire time back than for trained musket user in the armies).  And add the sound bit of muskets fired (most my sounds are turned down any way to hear battle commands) should be all we need.

>>WARNING YOU ARE WITHIN MUSKET RANGE<<

By having this it would make boarding or getting to close to broad side to  broad side (or stern racking) a risky action.   Yes Mods like muskets can add to the damage to crew along with there boarding effects. 

RANDOM FIRE MODE:   I use this too in combat when I"m broad side or switch to it just before boarding cause it seems to spread the crits out and I feel I get more crew and cannon damage with it.  Maybe for those that don't want to use it have a toggle in options to disable it?  Or the other thing is to allow folks to set the fire options to key bidingsin so instead of using V to switch between they can set there Bow and Stern to other keys.  In this day in age with gaming keyboards and macros it shouldn't be to hard for them to do so if they want and have the option.

• Like 1

To give players the opportunity to open additional slots on the ship by making kills in PVP.

For example u have crafted blue ships with 3 slots & u get 15 kills on that ship, then u can open 4 slot. / for 25 kills u can open 5 slots.

counted only the same rank ships as ur or higher.

Progress counts only to the ship on which you are fighting and does not apply to other ships of this model.

@admin thank you for your comments on my proposals. 

To me it sounds like you are not unwilling to implement, but the coding effort is too big to bring those features to the game.

I hope to see both proposals realised in NA2 then, which I would be happy buy.

16 hours ago, AeRoTR said:

Musket fire between ships, we do not need to see anything, a tiny sound, may be little bit of smoke, and reducing numbers of crew on enemy ships, that is what is needed, not more. 

@admin ?

If anyone might be interested to read more about muskets for the time period and their effectiveness in battle, along with a fairly detailed account of the tactics, techniques and weaponry for the time period I can highly recommend this book.

The Sea Rover's Practice: Pirate Tactics and Techniques, 1630–1730

https://www.amazon.com/Sea-Rovers-Practice-Techniques-1630-1730/dp/1574889117

Edited by Urchin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sea Archer said:

Random fire is a great thing, when crew knowledge/training is implemented. If a trained crew can reload faster, they can fire before the last, not so practiced, reloaded their piece. 

Yeah random fire should have an advantage, that of precision (not of all guns, but simulated 'better teams').

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Conte D. Catellani said:

The idea of GamOver wasn't bad, but it would catch the gankers and then not. 

Maybe they don't understand that even PVP players occasionally need to relax with PvE without being disturbed

Try to figure how many player you could keep instead thinking only at the old ones

if a pro player has a chance to close the battle - other players wont even have a chance to sink him. Its a good feature but it limits PVP for an average player.  
We not going to approve features that reduce PVP. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Yeah random fire should have an advantage, that of precision (not of all guns, but simulated 'better teams').

an idea could be that they have slighty higher reload rate. 

Say the crew can start to reload the cannon as soon as they've fired the gun instead of say on rolling broadside they have to wait until the last gun fired before they can start to reload.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dekillos said:

Игроки обижаются когда на их предложения не отвечают - текущая схема имеет множество преимуществ включая быструю оценку популярности своего предложения и экономию нашего времени на чтение всего форума.

3 minutes ago, admin said:

if a pro player has a chance to close the battle - other players wont even have a chance to sink him. Its a good feature but it limits PVP for an average player.  

Instead of locking a battle you should be able to send an S.O.S / Mayday to your Clanmembers to show them your position where they can join the battle

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, admin said:

sorry but with the rules of engagement and your br-system you make it all too easy for the so-called pro. and of course you reduce pvp.

11 minutes ago, Genevieve Malfleurs said:

interesting idea! you get a reload-speed advantage and have to constantly aim for that you mean?

or even some kind of fire at will if you stay on random fire? with some kind of way to focus a ship

Edited by erelkivtuadrater
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, admin said:

exploit "expand fight BR":
take twink
enter firght at opposed side
call reinforcement
leave fight / disconnect / doing dumb things

(not everyone will go to the tribunal to complain, but to accumulate negativity to the game.)