Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Exciting times ahead - pre-release wipes information

Recommended Posts

Perfect news lets look ahead...

Most probably people with a lot of alt accounts are crying here, i dont care about them.

@admin just one thing which i observe can you more clearly announce the advantage of the tutorial to new players because many times i have seen they just skip it and dont know about the rewards of the tutorial.

Also will Clans remain after the wipe?

Edited by Petrel (GDL)
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Lars Kjaer said:

It's a sandbox. There is no "fair" beginners experience. What is it with sandbox that ppl don't understand?

Atm the biggest issue for new players is the learning curve, and their first experience with PvP is generally a decidedly poor one. How is a wipe going to change that a year from release? or two years (if the game lasts that long). Thinking that a wipe will change anything is basically ignoring all the problems and choosing the easy fix, kinda like pissing your pants to keep warm - 2 mins later it just feels all gross and your still cold as hell.

all true you say

but in the case of NA and all the reviews, i think it is a good idea, just to ease the pain a bit of a lot of the cry babies.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@admin  I have almost 8K hours in game, been here since right after OW was released in 2015, just a two points:

1. Keeping book knowledge is good, would really prefer to keep ship knowledge slots because the tedious grind is a real turnoff.

2.  Please when the final wipe happens, wipe the clans, warehouses etc.  Just the GB clan list alone has HUNDREDS of defunct clans littering the list that can take AGES to scroll through to add a friendly clan, its not even in alphabetical order, WIPE IT CLEAN.

With that, I am looking forward to having the Pandora sit next to my Yacht in my redeemable slot for when I need it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Wraith said:

Why, because they literally kept this little project alive funding-wise while you were getting 10s of thousands of play hours for $29.99?  Way to support your developers. 🙄

Let’s not forget any DLC they paid for them 

5 hours ago, ElegantWay said:

I am very worried about our clan will or not be retained as before.

If it can be retained, it can effectively protect the stability of our clanmembers.@admin

Upon release clan tags need to be wiped too.  Some folks are holding tags that don’t play any more.  Just have some one ready to make the ne clan upon relelad

4 hours ago, admin said:

HMS Pandora is the reimbursement. Its an amazing DLC that will be given for free to all accounts, and then will be maid paid and very expensive

This isn’t a fair gift if any one can buy it later.  This the same crap WOT did with the preorder packs for beta players.  Said they would be only for those player and tha. Later they started to put them on sale.  If your going to sale it later than give us a special paint/skin that can not be bought later so folks know it’s an EA ship.  Kinda like how the yatch is just a cutter with a diffrent skin.

4 hours ago, Velhelm Von Marrius said:

No. Just Rank xp. Ship xp is safe. Not sure about crafting though. I got your back bro.

Only the bookshelf lp

2 hours ago, Neads O'Tune said:

@admin

How will clan warehouses be affected? I imagine suddenly empyting the reals out of the warehouses will lead to a lot of dropped ports over night.

Can we get more details on these thresholds?

Maybe it’s good ports will drop.  Than you can’t gather up resources and keep the ones the wanted 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, admin said:

no. All steam developers can wipe everything with no consequences when in Early access. 

The most important thing is game knowledge, which can't be wiped bec its stored in the player and not on a server or hd.

All the rest is replacable pixels.

I'd rather have a fresh start in an interesting and new NA than search for ai in the empty seas we have now !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

This isn’t a fair gift if any one can buy it later.  

Price will be sufficiently high to keep it exclusive. Its just if the ship is provided as DLC it must be in store. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Atreides said:

@admin  I have almost 8K hours in game, been here since right after OW was released in 2015, just a two points:

1. Keeping book knowledge is good, would really prefer to keep ship knowledge slots because the tedious grind is a real turnoff.

2.  Please when the final wipe happens, wipe the clans, warehouses etc.  Just the GB clan list alone has HUNDREDS of defunct clans littering the list that can take AGES to scroll through to add a friendly clan, its not even in alphabetical order, WIPE IT CLEAN.

With that, I am looking forward to having the Pandora sit next to my Yacht in my redeemable slot for when I need it.

The clan thing was one of the issues when the servers split and merged.  They need to be wiped along with every thing on release for reasons you mentioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, admin said:

Price will be sufficiently high to keep it exclusive. Its just if the ship is provided as DLC it must be in store. 

perhaps an idea is that all dlc ships have a build in extra dock  space as well (DLC +1Dock space)

i am getting so much DLC ships now i am short on normal ship dock spaces :)

 

ps, dock spaces is really (my) the biggest struggle with the game

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
5 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

give us a special paint/skin that can not be bought later

Free Santa Cecilia DLC for all EA testers please. Instead of Pandora :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, admin said:

Its just if the ship is provided as DLC it must be in store. 

Honestly, regardless of that it should definitely be available to everyone to keep it balanced and fair and with the high price maybe help funding the further development or at least keep the servers running as long as possible ( not sure if you plan on further updating and improving the game post release ).

The only thing exclusive to testers about pandora should be as special skin / paint that would not impact gameplay. Cosmetic and prestige rewards / upgrades is always the better choice over those that impact gameplay directly and mess with balance.

Entirely out of curiousity, do you already know what the price will be?

Edited by Sovereign

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, admin said:

Hello Captains

This is an advance warning on the turbulent 1-2 months ahead of us.

In the next patch we will introduce significant changes to trading, damage model, mission distribution, port importance to clans, and ROE. As we are getting closer and closer to the release candidate the game will require several wipes (acc resets) during this pre-release preparation in areas most affected by the changes.

First wipe will happen next week (from 4th to 8th March) 


The following things will be completely reset/wiped in the first wipe

  • Victory marks: all victory marks will be removed, spend them on ships
  • Ship permits:  all ship permits will be removed, spend them on ships
  • Reals: all reals above 50,000 will be removed
  • Crafting resources: All crafting resources will be removed (like iron ore, oak etc.)
  • Trading resources – all trading resources will be removed (like Sevilla Muskets)
  • Tutorial rewards will most likely be reset: you will be able to pass the tutorial and get the rewards again

What remains unaffected

  • All seaworthy assets: ships, cannons, upgrades, books, or unopened chests will NOT be affected or removed.
  • All investments in buildings, dock space and warehousing upgrades or outposts will NOT be affected or removed
  • Ship crafting XP and Combat XP will NOT be affected.

The main goal of the wipe is to test the new economy, trading and updated resource prices and labor hours (lh for crafting ships will be lowered).

Additional pre-release resets/wipes if needed will be announced in the future in news on Steam and on game forums.

We understand that it causes a lot of inconvenience to a lot of you. We arranging with valve to add the Early Access bonus ship Pandora to all early access buyers as Free DLC that will be redeemable once every 24 hours. It will take time but will definitely happen in March.

 

19 minutes ago, admin said:

main post updated.

I mean, its good that you removed that trolling pic you posted before which looked a bit like you wanted to give everybody a slap in the face with the news. Thing is the new post doesn't include information that the EXP and crafting ranks is not safe anymore. Now I'm not sure if you backed off from that decision, want to hide it for now or simply forgot. New players reading that thread may be unaware of that situation.  Maybe it needs another update.

Edited by Borch
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi devs,

As a student at high school there is not much time for me to play NA (not when playing other games too). I joined the game before the OW and I'm still in love with it. Currently I own a Bellona (Flag captain) and I would hate to see it go (obviously). 

The wipes were to be expected (coming from a WOT and WOWS background). That people will be heartbroken about this was too. However, wouldn't it be possible to give EA players enough XP to make it to the rank of Flag captain two or three weeks after the game launches. By this time the hardcore players will have reached the rank of captain or flag captain themselves and so the difference would be that big, or would it? EA players who have reached this rank after 2 or 3 weeks of playing could use the XP to get even higher up the rank ladder and less active EA players (such as myself) could get a substantial rank back soon after the definitive launch. 

Would this be possible? And what will happen to redeemables such as the Christian VII?

 

Keep up the good work and best of regards!

 

Edited by Emperorpiotr1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, admin said:

Now we think that giving veterans advantage over new players on launch is a horrible idea .

Very hard statement here, I'm sure you look for fairness, but you finaly decide to sacrifice the strongest capital NA project could rely on. (NA capital = veteran player base).

Books & knowledges keep was a legitimate dilema towards new players, but XP wipe can be taken as very shamefull from the few thousands of players who spent so many hours of their life time in this EA in order to "improve NA". Most of them are patiently waiting for the final release, let's hope they will agree to start from zero again.

Had the EA process lasted 1 year or 2, the shock would have been lighter, but after this neverending waiting, you go for the decision of thanking your followers with a simple free Pandora DLC compensation...

You should think about a more consensual alternative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

XP wipe is fine by me and seems fairer. EA players already have massive advantage with play experience and books anyway.

The most important thing is that we get an influx of new players upon release with decent player retention and if XP wipe helps with that then that's what should be done. Correct decision has been made imo. 

The only thing I am worried about from a purely selfish POV is the actual length of time from now until release. There will be little else to do but whelp ships and test the new mechanics/economy etc which is fine, but it will be a real limbo period waiting for release and for the game to finally start. If there are endless delays (and lets face it there has been some history in terms of over optimistic announcements of expected implementation dates) then that could be a long time not really playing.  Looking forward to release. I for one am excited, just hope it happens sooner rather than later. 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, admin said:

HMS Pandora is the reimbursement. Its an amazing DLC that will be given for free to all accounts, and then will be maid paid and very expensive.

And lets get things straight. We did want to keep xp and crafting xp safe until we did not. We first wanted to give veterans and advantage against new players, but now we dont. we cant, keeping that promise is bad for the game, because all players must be equal on launch. ju

what you from my point of few underastimat is the fact, that new players are missing like know how (manual sailing etc) so objusly by killing xp you just force some players to redo there stuff. while those guys which join that game later will be told take care of yourself i need to manage my stuff first... 

 

I think its better to get a helping hand from a way furter standing community than that every one is just carring for himself. 

Material/Recaurces: whipe all start same (some players have the time to farm 10h a day others done) so at least you piss of your tester and ask them in the same sentence to keep on testing? 

lets see what we still have in a week than i deside if i just wait full realese, or if i still have fun. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love how so many people think that simply "releasing" the game is going to magically fix all the issues that plague it currently.

 

If anything, its going to kill this game if it releases in its current state.

 

NA needs at LEAST 2 to 3 more years of active, heavy development in EA before it can release. I urge the devs to take inspiration from other naval themed games, and use that to add more content and to develop this game into a truly amazing age of sail experience. Take PotBS, Tempest, AC: Black Flag, Sid Mier's Pirates, ect ect. All of those games were very popular for a REASON. You can still keep the game realistic, you dont have to add fantasy stuff, or super natural stuff, but there are a LOT of things in all those games that NA could benefit from.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, admin said:

Hello Captains

This is an advance warning on the turbulent 1-2 months ahead of us.

In the next patch we will introduce significant changes to trading, damage model, mission distribution, port importance to clans, and ROE. As we are getting closer and closer to the release candidate the game will require several wipes (acc resets) during this pre-release preparation in areas most affected by the changes.

First wipe will happen next week (from 4th to 8th March) 


The following things will be completely reset/wiped in the first wipe

  • Victory marks: all victory marks will be removed, spend them on ships
  • Ship permits:  all ship permits will be removed, spend them on ships
  • Reals: all reals above 50,000 will be removed
  • Crafting resources: All crafting resources will be removed (like iron ore, oak etc.)
  • Trading resources – all trading resources will be removed (like Sevilla Muskets)
  • Tutorial rewards will most likely be reset: you will be able to pass the tutorial and get the rewards again

What remains unaffected

  • All seaworthy assets: ships, cannons, upgrades, books, or unopened chests will NOT be affected or removed.
  • All investments in buildings, dock space and warehousing upgrades or outposts will NOT be affected or removed
  • Ship crafting XP and Combat XP will NOT be affected.

The main goal of the wipe is to test the new economy, trading and updated resource prices and labor hours (lh for crafting ships will be lowered).

Additional pre-release resets/wipes if needed will be announced in the future in news on Steam and on game forums.

We understand that it causes a lot of inconvenience to a lot of you. We arranging with valve to add the Early Access bonus ship Pandora to all early access buyers as Free DLC that will be redeemable once every 24 hours. It will take time but will definitely happen in March.

Repairs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Hullabaloo said:

 

The only thing I am worried about from a purely selfish POV is the actual length of time from now until release. There will be little else to do but whelp ships and test the new mechanics/economy etc which is fine, but it will be a real limbo period waiting for release and for the game to finally start.

 

the limbo state will be very short. There will be 1-2 more patches before the release; one will finalize the localization, another one will be focused on overdue maintenance things like fixing bots sailing through land. 

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, admin said:

There is no dishonesty.
We truly believed in 2015 that XP should be safe and getting to high level ships should require up to 60 days. The leveling was sped up for EA and testing. That statement was repeated over and over because it was true. The XP was not affected for the last 3! years and we tried as hard as we can to not reset progress on anything - only one economy wipe was done over 3 years of early access testing.

But times change the decision was made yesterday that the 2015 promise is bad for the game, and as soon as this decision was made - we made an upfront announcement. 

We are honest and clear. XP was safe for 3 years - but it is absolutely necessary that on launch the game starts fresh FOR EVERYONE.

So all goes. Xp, crafting, books ship knowledge at release Day.

Edited by staun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, admin said:

the limbo state will be very short. There will be 1-2 more patches before the release; one will finalize the localization, another one will be focused on overdue maintenance things like fixing bots sailing through land. 

So we're looking at maybe no more than 4 to 5 months before "release" then possibly?

 

This is a major mistake. Releasing the game in its current state is going to do way more harm than good. There might be a slight uptick in players for a little bit, but with PotBS getting a major revamp soon, and Skull and Bones coming out this year, it will not last long at all. Especially when players realize just how shallow this game actually is, they're going to end up leaving in droves. Just like before.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One question: ai shiprouts you could just do no whipe nessesarry. why not do all that in front than call ONE wipe check it by speeding infra structure up (start with like a million and look for those who have in minutes 20 millions) + if no one have materials: life oak, white oak and teak is gona be a race to it. some nations like russia, prussia and poland need to capture towns bevor they (we) can at least set up mines and facilitys...

 

so with the realese we all join gb? Wait 95% of all players are gb right now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, admin said:

Only books/skill books will be recovered, as they were very hard to get. XP is easy to get if you pvp.

The only thing that acctually gives you an edge over other players, you keep!

NO!

Those books fukked up youre game and it will continue to do so. All hail content creators, they have all those books and get to keep them. Bunch of wankers!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...