Game-Labs Forum

Exciting times ahead - pre-release wipes information

6 hours ago, admin said:

Everyone starts at the same position on release (with the exception of skillbooks)

Yet, you keep on saying that you want a level plain field at the start, but have the vets keep their skillbooks. That means the game will become unequal with every opened shipslot.

Wipe it all!

Edited by do not say dlc
  • Like 1

Dear Developers and community, first of all I´d like to thank you for the many hours in the last year fighting, trading, being angry, being joyful and, and, and.

Naval action became my favourite game by far. Of course there are things to be adjusted or tuned a bit. But thinking of the countless hours people spend

with our game, I see them as a testimony of loyality to the game! I fully agree with the long explanations of Massimo who is my fellow clan leader.

Only I want to ask as he did for some much apreciated reward for us testers: Let us keep the shipknowledge too! And not being tired of asking for it: Make the Yacht available for all, for me as well. :) Best regards, Gene

PS Else, I am looking forward to the release. It WILL be great and exciting!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, do not say dlc said:

Yet, you keep on saying that you want a level plain field at the start, but have the vets keep their skillbookskillbooks. That means the game will become unequal with every opened shipslot.

Wipe it all!

For a truly level playing field admin would have to wipe the DLCs as well. As it is this exercise is meaningless and books or no books, I'll still kick your PvE ass.

Multiple times the developers promised that XP and crafting level will not be wiped, yet here we are.

Make your mind up and set up a proper development plan. Right now it seems you're deciding on the fly when and what to wipe, regardless of what you told the community.

I've spend a lot of time leveling under the assumption that those levels wouldn't be wiped anymore. If you want to wipe progress, don't publicly state that it won't get wiped. It's misleading and robs people of their time

Sidenote: if you want to wipe with an equal playing field as reason, everything except DLC items would need to go, simple.

Edited by LordMustang
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, LordMustang said:

Multiple times the developers promised that XP and crafting level will not be wiped, yet here we are.

Make your mind up and set up a proper development plan. Right now it seems you're deciding on the fly when and what to wipe, regardless of what you told the community.

I've spend a lot of time leveling under the assumption that those levels wouldn't be wiped anymore. If you want to wipe progress, don't publicly state that it won't get wiped. It's misleading and robs people of their time

Sidenote: if you want to wipe with an equal playing field as reason, everything except DLC items would need to go, simple.

DLC items would have to go as well.. That goes without saying.. To think that anyone can artificially create a level playingfield without redoing the entire games core mechanic is moronic.

1 hour ago, RKY said:

Regarding DLC ship, please make them capturable.

Who would still buy the DLCs, if you could just redeem a bunch and let your mates capture them? Only people who want to burn through them in PZ or something similar... I sure wouldn't buy a DLC, if I could simply sail out and capture the ship for free from some noob ( or be given by a mate through his alt... ).

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Borch said:

The way you did that with ninja thread in the night with trolling pic and no apologies whatsoever was wrong here.

I have no idea why you call this a ninja thread. 
This section is for important announcements and we post important news, including bad news for some players as soon as we have them; that's how communities work.Pic of my favorite scientist was just telling people what it is without any AAA sugarcoating - good news for everyone, bad news for some. 

Once more information was available the topic was updated and structured better, as this post also went to the servers and to steam.

• Like 5

@admin First, I'd like to express my support for that idea!

Can't be more than happy to see, that You realised that what we need most is a proper kick on the launch day, and a full wipe is the way to go!
It takes some balls to change Your mind like this! Hats off!

On the other hand, I feel sorry for some people who did some rants over here. People like @John Sheppard - I'm truly sorry for Your life. If You and Your friends had just a thought of intentionally spoiling the fun for new people, gank them and troll them, that tells a lot about Your sorry life. Based on what? The argument that You have a right for that because You bought the game? Guess what - the new people will buy this game too. So You know what? After seeing what You posted, I actually wish You quit the game. Find Your purpose in living, and actually enjoy Your life. 

@Lars Kjaer - honorable mention required as well of course. Not only due to personal history, but also for publicly admitting, that You have no idea what You're talking about. Next time, before making fool of Yourself on the forum, check out what's going on in the game. And if You still think that veteran in 6th rate will be able to kill 3rd Rate, I'd suggest You go and take a closer look on what's going to change quite quickly, cause You might find Yourself in a different world sooner rather than later. Hint - testbed.

Well, and for everyone else crying about the wipes. Well, if You're that egocentric about Yourself, the game probably doesn't need You anyway, so feel free to quit.

Some refreshing, and a lot of fresh blood will do nothing but good to the game!
And a full wipe is a great step forward getting hundreds of new players after release. Well done!

PS: @Neads O'Tune - yeah, lol. Get some PvP kills 😂

Edited by OjK
  • Like 10

3 minutes ago, Lars Kjaer said:

DLC items would have to go as well.. That goes without saying.. To think that anyone can artificially create a level playingfield without redoing the entire games core mechanic is moronic.

Yeah, all this moaning about full wipe and even / fair playing field is kind of retarded, if we consider that the 2 free DLC ships every 24h will definitely not be wiped. So some people having access to the most potent ( not to say massively overperforming in every aspect other than boarding ) 5th rate and also the best shallow boarding ship, while others start in basic cutters

is even playing field but testers getting to keep some xp and books is unfair / unbalanced? Bullshit. 

• Like 1

Call it lying, call it changing your mind... that's just hair-splitting. Redacting previously made statements that had the word guaranteed in them will always result in trust being lost.

Speaking about trust: @admin I know editing posts without it being visible is your prerogative as, well... admin. But I strongly advise against using it on your own announcements without making it visible to everyone that the post has been corrected or wording has been changed. It does not matter what you change in those posts. It looks bad to everyone else who notices it. Just add a note like "wording changed to better reflect meaning" or something along those lines. Open communication helps a lot. Always.

Gameplaywise, I personally don't care much about the XP-Wipe.

• It will not change much for new players on release due to the skill gap and DLC ships.
  • But it also is not really the end of all things for the old guard. If someone enjoyed ranking up before, chances are they can find joy in ranking up again...

It takes an hour or two to get up to M&C and sailing 5th rates. Go to Nassau, get a few cheap 6ths and have fun sinking stuff. You'll rank up again on the way. :ph34r:

EDIT: Yeah @Neads O'Tune, what the hell do you know about PvP mate 😝!

Edited by Tom Farseer
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, admin said:

Price will be sufficiently high to keep it exclusive. Its just if the ship is provided as DLC it must be in store. 

I hate to call you on BS, but as Privateer so kindly points out......Last I checked the Yacht is not sold as a DLC.   This sounds like either poor coding or a lazy way to cash grab.  Might as well just make this game F2P and start the MTX than.

1 hour ago, --Privateer-- said:

I must have missed the yacht in the store then.

I do know I missed the yacht by one day cause I was off on a job....oh I'll buy the game when I get back later this week, ended up in Brazil for a month and came back and no more paypal sales, had to get it through steam.

7 minutes ago, Tom Farseer said:

It takes an hour or two to get up to M&C and sailing 5th rates. Go to Nassau, get a few cheap 6ths and have fun sinking stuff. You'll rank up again on the way. :ph34r:

If tutorial rewards stay, it's just a Final Exam, and You're at 280 crew already.

18 minutes ago, Christendom said:

@adminNot sure if this is was brought up before or not.  

With the first wipe, how much will remain in clan warehouses so our ports don’t go neutral immediately after?

Also assuming the map won’t be wiped.  

Won't the map reset itself after the economy wipe? 

No money means you can't financed your ports.

38 minutes ago, OjK said:

@admin First, I'd like to express my support for that idea!

Can't be more than happy to see, that You realised that what we need most is a proper kick on the launch day, and a full wipe is the way to go!
It takes some balls to change Your mind like this! Hats off!

On the other hand, I feel sorry for some people who did some rants over here. People like @John Sheppard - I'm truly sorry for Your life. If You and Your friends had just a thought of intentionally spoiling the fun for new people, gank them and troll them, that tells a lot about Your sorry life. Based on what? The argument that You have a right for that because You bought the game? Guess what - the new people will buy this game too. So You know what? After seeing what You posted, I actually wish You quit the game. Find Your purpose in living, and actually enjoy Your life. 

@Lars Kjaer - honorable mention required as well of course. Not only due to personal history, but also for publicly admitting, that You have no idea what You're talking about. Next time, before making fool of Yourself on the forum, check out what's going on in the game. And if You still think that veteran in 6th rate will be able to kill 3rd Rate, I'd suggest You go and take a closer look on what's going to change quite quickly, cause You might find Yourself in a different world sooner rather than later. Hint - testbed.

Well, and for everyone else crying about the wipes. Well, if You're that egocentric about Yourself, the game probably doesn't need You anyway, so feel free to quit.

Some refreshing, and a lot of fresh blood will do nothing but good to the game!
And a full wipe is a great step forward getting hundreds of new players after release. Well done!

PS: @Neads O'Tune - yeah, lol. Get some PvP kills 😂

what a hypocrite ... i guess your going to try and tell us youve never attacked and sunk a new player

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tom Farseer said:

If I read correctly, the tutorial will be wiped, too. Just redo it, and you dont even have to sail to Nassau....

21 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I hate to call you on BS, but as Privateer so kindly points out......Last I checked the Yacht is not sold as a DLC.   This sounds like either poor coding or a lazy way to cash grab. 

There are several types of game keys on Steam. In terms of users most used are:

• Yellow developer keys - the only type of keys steam allows to give if Steam store is not open. These keys can have hidden unreleased content attached.
    • These keys were sold through PayPal and had the yacht. Once the store in Jan 2016 opened they were no longer available.
    • Valve disbanded the practice of allowing developers to give such keys last year, limited their number by 1000;  valve also removed their review potential; if owners of these keys leave a review - such reviews do not affect overall in review score. 
  • White public keys - keys sold on steam once store is opened.
    • They can only have public content attached. But under Valve rules if you have content it must be available in the store (for free or paid).

Players who bought the game after launch in 2016 have the public version of the game, Pandora DLC if attached to a public key will have to be also available on the main store. Yacht was attached to yellow developer keys and thus stays hidden.
If yacht needs to become available it will have to be launched as a new item in the store or get into the game by other means.

Overall perhaps you should not jump to strange conclusions - like calling coding poor or cash grabs 

• Like 7

Just now, Grundgemunkey said:

what a hypocrite ... i guess your going to try and tell us youve never attacked and sunk a new player

Believe it or not - but no. If someone was sailing a frigate, and after tagging I realised thats a new player, I was letting them go. Unless I was 100% sure it was an alt.

But no, imagine I never even cared to sail to reinforce zone to snipe noobs. That's not what I want from this game.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tom Farseer said:

It will not change much for new players on release due to the skill gap and DLC ships.

Hear, Hear! The voice of reason.

15 minutes ago, Tom Farseer said:

But it also is not really the end of all things for the old guard. If someone enjoyed ranking up before, chances are they can find joy in ranking up again...

This is true for me aswell... but only because I can rank up in PvP. I also understand why they want to remove it, despite being promised otherwise. Fine by me. That being said, only rank xp

If the ship xp and books will be wiped too, I am done however ( unless they are removed from the game completely and are not replaced by some similar BS ). I wouldn't even be mad... had a lot of fun with the game and played it more than enough. I simply don't see myself grinding all this shit again for no reason ( new players lose anyways every time, so it's no excuse ).

• Like 2