Game-Labs Forum

Exciting times ahead - pre-release wipes information

I thought I'd be more upset at learning all my rank/XP would be wiped, but I'm really not that upset. Some of the most fun in this game I've had was working my way up through the ranks and ships. A sadistic part of me looks forward to being forced to sail a Mercury or a Snow again. As with all things in this game, I"ve learned to not judge until the actual event happens. Try not to get upset, just roll with the flow. Stop playing til release if you need to, but give it a fair shake on release. And no, I don't have ten hours a day to play this game, I work 12 hour shifts, six days a week. I don't mind having to spend time to gain levels though, it gives the game longevity. Just my two cents.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, --Privateer-- said:

Ship notes staying or going with the first wipe? sorry if it has been answered already, I only got through reading the first 10ish pages before giving up.

Want to confirm this as well, I have a few scattered around.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Velhelm Von Marrius said:

If they are maintaining what the econ is in testbed, we will definitely see quite a few ports drop.

Drop ports aren't exactly a bad thing.  Gives us ports to fight over and test things out.  So I would actually say pick the ones you want to keep upon econ wipe and go a head and drop the rest. The map is pretty stale as is cause no one fights over ports.   Lets have some to fight over than.

8 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Drop ports aren't exactly a bad thing.  Gives us ports to fight over and test things out.  So I would actually say pick the ones you want to keep upon econ wipe and go a head and drop the rest. The map is pretty stale as is cause no one fights over ports.   Lets have some to fight over than.

Yeah, drop useless ports for more PVE! Niiice! 

What Nation are you playing? USA? 😂

Firstly I've played this game for thousands of hours and the developers owe me nothing in terms of financial loss if they now change the game, so be it. There is a great game in here, but I'm concerned about its future.😒

However what worries me is that they are breaking the promise that they guaranteed that rank and crafting xp would be safe; changing that undermines trust in the developers. Suggestions as to how to avoid breaking that trust have been suggested; I hope they listen and respond.

I'm also worried that the game's economy is so broken that they feel the need to reduce our reals to 50,000. Why is this being done? Is it to allow us to "test" another economic model? If so there must be the possibility that this one will also be broken. Indeed it likely is, and any testing here will fail to show up the problems when they have thousands of players in game.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kartaugh said:

Another item I'd like to have a confirmation for is paints.

I got a couple of paints off some Deadman's Chests, and I'd like to know if the paints will survive this wipe.

Paints go on ships, ships are sea worthy. Therefor Paints are safe.

ANYTHING you use on ships will not be touched

54 minutes ago, Michael of Saxe Coberg said:

Firstly I've played this game for thousands of hours and the developers owe me nothing in terms of financial loss if they now change the game, so be it. There is a great game in here, but I'm concerned about its future.😒

However what worries me is that they are breaking the promise that they guaranteed that rank and crafting xp would be safe; changing that undermines trust in the developers. Suggestions as to how to avoid breaking that trust have been suggested; I hope they listen and respond.

I'm also worried that the game's economy is so broken that they feel the need to reduce our reals to 50,000. Why is this being done? Is it to allow us to "test" another economic model? If so there must be the possibility that this one will also be broken. Indeed it likely is, and any testing here will fail to show up the problems when they have thousands of players in game.

First of all, shut up about broken promises and trust. It's getting old now. The only thing missing from your post is a quote of the original statement.

When they said it, it made sense. They've since realised it was not the right thing to do and have adjusted accordingly. They have also been upfront about it even they knew the backlash they would get from it. They could have easily just done it on the day without any warning and said "Screw you, it's done so get on with it" and to be perfectly honest that's what I think they should have done. Yes people would have been pissed for a couple of days but they would have gotten over it carried on. The problem now is that they have given the whiners 2-3 months to think and worry about it.

Secondly, Yes you are exactly right, that's why they have done it, to enable us to better TEST something. They wont know if it works unless it can be tested and unfortunately without an asset wipe, it will be pointless. This way everyone is on a roughly even footing and has the same opportunity to test the new goods and mechanics. let's face it, there are people that have tens if not hundreds of millions reals and would completely empty a region of a trading resource and sit on it for weeks while they slowly start moving and trading. This would hinder testing.

They are also adjusting the "rare woods" and other crafting resources, SO once again it would not be very helpful if on day one someone came along and bought up everything would it?

So to summarise:

• Point one: Get over it, if it has to be explained why they did it, then you will probably never get it

• Point DOS: They have a system that most people agree is crap and they think they have come up with a better system for us to test and have come up with the most efficient way to test it so they can see any issues and address them quickly 

• Like 3

On 2/27/2019 at 12:24 AM, admin said:

DLC is yours until the music stops! Tutorial ranks will not remain - full xp reset will be applied on release. This decision was hard but it is best for the game. 

Only books/skill books will be recovered, as they were very hard to get. XP is easy to get if you pvp.

Best decision ever made by you Devs !!! +1.000

Everyone who loves the game, and those are we vets otherwise we wouldnt play it thousands of hours :P, have to understand whats best for the game...period !!!

I will gladly give all of my stuff, experience, knowledge slots, hence i would even give all of my books for the chance of much more people playing NA after release... :) 

Much more populated world will benefit all of us...

And lets be honest, our immense experience we accumulated in years of Early Access is much more valuable as all collectable things !!!

Especially when our Pros always argued in many threads that geargap doesnt exist, skillgap would be the real I-Win Button and decides all the battles (...and i am on the same track)

So honestly, we all dont need those gimmicks...we will rule the waves only with our skill after release...lets prove it :P 

So pls no selfish whining anymore...thanks

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Ameruccio Vespigo said:

@admin please kindly reconsider wiping in PVE/Peace: it is not necessary, nor beneficial for new nor old players. Thanks for your attention.

17 hours ago, admin said:

Release wipe announcements will be posted separately. Once there is full clarity on the issues. There is no point to deliberate this in here.
PVE/Peace server for example does not need reset on release and we might even keep ships on launch.

PVP/WAR server is hardcore and must be reset, the only question is what will remain and we will decide what's best for all players and will post the announcement once we are ready. All statements discussed in this thread for launch were only related to the PVP server.

1 minute ago, Sento de Benimaclet said:

When the game is finished and is released to the market is it true that we will lose the XP rank?

War server, yes.

More ranks are to be included, up to rank of Sea Lord, from the initial post. What does this means ? No idea.

1 hour ago, Neads O'Tune said:

So to summarise:

• Point one: Get over it, if it has to be explained why they did it, then you will probably never get it

Except by keeping the ships, and telling everyone 8 days in advance to use their permits they've basically unhinged the entire economy. Who wouldn't make as many crappy oak/oak first rates as possible, sell them immediately post wipe and buy up all the crafting ressources/Trading goods?

IF they want to do an econ wipe - then make it a total wipe so we actually get to test the new system without the current docks Spaces, ships, outposts, Clans, clanwarehouses etc that ppl have invested in to max out their Clan/personal potential.

2 minutes ago, Irenicus said:

Except by keeping the ships, and telling everyone 8 days in advance to use their permits they've basically unhinged the entire economy. Who wouldn't make as many crappy oak/oak first rates as possible, sell them immediately post wipe and buy up all the crafting ressources/Trading goods?

IF they want to do an econ wipe - then make it a total wipe so we actually get to test the new system without the current docks Spaces, ships, outposts, Clans, clanwarehouses etc that ppl have invested in to max out their Clan/personal potential.

Sell them to WHO exactly? No one has any money ;)

On 2/27/2019 at 1:13 AM, John Sheppard said:

@admin

We are disscussing this on TS and Discord now 

You should know that a lot of the old players are pissed off more than you can possibly imagine and if it comes to it they-we are even prepared to retaliate on purpose

I mean farm the new players extensively to force them to quit and give negative reviews .. just letting you know how bad this can turn out.. i don't think it would be in the best interest of the game

EDIT: just to make sure ... this is not my suggestion 

Mate, i know you for some time ingame and i feel you are quite a honorable man...you cant be serious about this ??? :( 

...and all the others discussing this things on TS and discord should be ashamed by themselfs !!!

Even i for myself feels ashamed for you Guys... !!!

...only because someone took away you some shiny gimmicks?? Dont be so selfish...and think about what you said again

If its not you, argue against the idiots...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Neads O'Tune said:

Sell them to WHO exactly? No one has any money ;)

AI ffs. I got 5 alts with about 30 1st rates. Each sell will net about 50k so 30x 50.000 = 1,5m in starting Capital. And that's presuming I don't use what Labour hours and dubs I got on me atm + the 35 L'Ocean permits, 30 santi permits and 20 vic permits I got atm.. 

7 minutes ago, Sir Max Magic said:

Much more populated world will benefit all of us...

YES ! I always defended this fact.

But XP keep was granted to veterans and was understood as being the reward & recognition for their hard/long support. 

So by going from white to black decision (hoping the grey decision was possible), the XP being thrown away is now going to reduce the number of potential players after the release !!

New players are deadly needed as veteran players !! 

Personally I will wait & see what will happen after the release, if server grows I will not mind reworking these learning steps, but frankly, Dev's are taking a high risk of demotivating (and possibly lose) its faithful playerbase... Very daring decision at this stage !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neads O'Tune said:

First of all, shut up about broken promises and trust. It's getting old now. The only thing missing from your post is a quote of the original statement.

When they said it, it made sense. They've since realised it was not the right thing to do and have adjusted accordingly. They have also been upfront about it even they knew the backlash they would get from it. They could have easily just done it on the day without any warning and said "Screw you, it's done so get on with it" and to be perfectly honest that's what I think they should have done. Yes people would have been pissed for a couple of days but they would have gotten over it carried on. The problem now is that they have given the whiners 2-3 months to think and worry about it.

Secondly, Yes you are exactly right, that's why they have done it, to enable us to better TEST something. They wont know if it works unless it can be tested and unfortunately without an asset wipe, it will be pointless. This way everyone is on a roughly even footing and has the same opportunity to test the new goods and mechanics. let's face it, there are people that have tens if not hundreds of millions reals and would completely empty a region of a trading resource and sit on it for weeks while they slowly start moving and trading. This would hinder testing.

They are also adjusting the "rare woods" and other crafting resources, SO once again it would not be very helpful if on day one someone came along and bought up everything would it?

So to summarise:

• Point DOS: They have a system that most people agree is crap and they think they have come up with a better system for us to test and have come up with the most efficient way to test it so they can see any issues and address them quickly 

So ok to keep garanty something repeately. Say the are not that kind of developers that go back on there words. Ppl actually bought games on there promis. But tjeck on thats ok. Then I know that what we can expect.

Ppl are not complaining abouth the wipe of ressources. But plz enlighten me on the wipe of rank will have a great impact on testing trading and crafting.

whinners always nice when ppl think name calling lift Them High above the rest.

I personally don't have a problem with wiping rank xp. I never consciously tried to grind up my rank after M&C so this would not stop me playing.

What would stop me playing is if ship knowledge xp was wiped while still retaining the existing system. If the devs do feel it necessary to reset ship knowledge xp in order to create a level playing field between vets and new players after release, isn't this also the time to accept that the ship knowledge grind was a bad idea and drop it altogether?

In all the time I've been playing since ship knowledge was introduced (almost 2 years ago), I've never met a player who had anything good to say about it. Rather I've found it to be the single biggest turn off for new and returning players.

• Like 1