Game-Labs Forum
admin

Exciting times ahead - pre-release wipes information

16 hours ago, admin said:

What remains unaffected

• Ship crafting XP and Combat XP will NOT be affected.

Additional pre-release resets/wipes if needed will be announced in the future in news on Steam and on game forums.

@admin are you saying XP will not be wiped or maybe in the future? It seems the narrative was "XP wipe will happen" and now looking at the edited notes, it leads me to believe XP wipe will not happen. 

Edited by Nelson Hornblower

3 minutes ago, Nelson Hornblower said:

@admin soare you saying XP will not be wiped or maybe in the future? It seems the narrative was "XP wipe will happen" and now looking at the edited notes, it leads me to believe XP wipe will not happen. 

IN THIS PATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will remain unaffected in this patch.

• Like 1

So, after spending waaay to many time in this Thread.

It is done and the Wipe is coming. I woud suggest we alle cool our horses until the new Combat and Ecom System is live next week.

Many here say nothing will change and we will be back to square one 2 months after release. Why dont we take a look at the new  Eco System and the new Missions before we jump conclusions?

@Lars Kjaer

i personally look forward to a complete Wipe and fresh Community and new Fun!

We got 3 months to get our Clans ready for release and learn the new System, focus on taht!, rahter ranting around!

Edited by Meraun
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Lars Kjaer said:

The books aren't what sets PvP'ers apart - most of the books in admiralty store is as usefull or in a couple of cases more so. Modules and gold ships sets PvP'ers apart from the rest.

Then throw them away!

This is great news, and was not disillusioned into thinking that XP would NOT be wiped prior to release.  It is a necessary aspect to the game and leveling the playing field for all players.  With 4+K of hours in the game means that I have the requisite knowledge and experience to move up the food chain faster.  I do not have to rely on "Alt" accounts to get all the materials and experience needed to enjoy the game.

There is definitely a lot of crying and blubbering over a simple game...get over it...it is just another game...don't like it...move on.

Looking forward to seeing the new aspects of the game.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, admin said:

Its coming.. soon. Maybe tomorrow.

please, make this ''soon'' be this incoming big patch

2 minutes ago, Kartaugh said:

So, any answer on whether doubloons will be touched?

doubloons are safe

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, rediii said:

I will grind my slots again with PvP and hostility missions and I will have fun doing it. :) 

Then delete your character and start from scratch, no one can prevent you!
Others would prefer to avoid grinding again!
Does this seem an unsustainable claim for having happy customers? Or to "guarantee" this false start "from scratch" we must run the risk of having:
1. horrible reviews
2. few online players
3. closing the game after a few months
I only say it to know.
Thank you

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, MassimoSud said:

Then delete your character and start from scratch, no one can prevent you!
Others would prefer to avoid grinding again!
Does this seem an unsustainable claim for having happy customers? Or to "guarantee" this false start "from scratch" we must run the risk of having:
1. horrible reviews
2. few online players
3. closing the game after a few months
I only say it to know.
Thank you

Agree! 

This is a niche game that has been open for 3 years, I can't imagine there are thousands of people sitting on the sidelines thinking "I can't wait for this to go into final release, then I'll buy!" 18th century naval warfare is a lot smaller community than Sci-Fi, you have your audience, don't waste it.

• Like 3

I agree with Banished suggestion; give the XP back gradually to those who already have the maximum rank, no one should have to do the grind all over again for their ranks, ship xp and crafting xp. There will always be newbies, and they will always get slaughtered by experienced players sooner or later, and so full wipes would only serve to piss people off, and the majority I've already talked to are indeed pissed off over this decision. If you think this won't drive many players away from the game, or that the release will bring forth a renaissance of new players then you're just delusional.

• Like 4

@admin how will books we threatet at release? 

We make a new character and have them learned or how will it go? Can everyone basicly change nation at release because they have to create a new character?

3 hours ago, Borch said:

You focused on the least important part of my feedback. My concerns still stand and you didnt provide any answer. The server post doesn't include information that xp and craft xp is not safe same as better structured main post. Wipe at release wont reach its goal. Any comments to main questions?

Release wipe announcements will be posted separately. Once there is full clarity on the issues. There is no point to deliberate this in here.
PVE/Peace server for example does not need reset on release and we might even keep ships on launch.

PVP/WAR server is hardcore and must be reset, the only question is what will remain and we will decide what's best for all players and will post the announcement once we are ready. All statements discussed in this thread for launch were only related to the PVP server.

• Like 12

15 minutes ago, HandForged said:

@admin I also assume that all resources in clan warehouse will be wipes as well. Is that correct?

They said before they would leave 100k in the cwh

8 minutes ago, admin said:

PVE/Peace server for example does not need reset on release and we might even keep ships on launch.

@admin can we transfer our players and resources over to PvE then?!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, admin said:

we will leave 100k in the clan warehouse.

So this means people with multiple alts will just create multiple clans to hide their Reals from the wipe, thus negating the full effect of the economy wipe.

• Like 5