Game-Labs Forum

Exciting times ahead - pre-release wipes information

1 minute ago, Neads O'Tune said:

Why should they exactly? Did everyone demand a refund when the Herc and Requin stopped being the OP line ship killers that they once were when originally sold to everyone?

Have they changed The forger or Admiralty Connections or Flags DLC in anyway that makes them no longer the product that was sold? 

In what way does a Wipe at reset which was ALWAYS going to be a possibility affect people's use of DLC?

The is a massive warning on the game store page that the game is subject to change. It's simple, do not buy into a early access if you are not prepared to put up all that is involved.

First off - there is a plethora of posts where admin promises that wipes won't affect xp, crafting xp and from late 2018 ship knowledge xp and books. Any1 buying the game or any items related to the game post those dates can point to the promises made and demand a refund due to the game being sold on false pretenses.

Secondly - who in their right minds will buy a game, being EA or not, from a developer who can't even make simple promises and stick to them? The promises was made 4 months or less ago. How unproffesional and incompetent doesn't it look compared to professional game developing companies out there?

I feel like people in this topic has completely forgotten what they bought into... the game is unfinished and wipes WILL happen. You're basically here to test the game.. if you do not wish to test then I'd say the solution is fairly simple.. wait until the final release.

I have disagreed hundreds of times with moderators, developers and admin himself, but that has been in regards to game-changing decisions. The decision to wipe the server has zero impact on the gameplay and will force us TESTERS to go through things for a second time in order to TEST if things work properly.. Which is exactly what we're here to do.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, RKY said:

If you don't realize the problem caused by alts, we do not play the same game.

Everyone realizes the problems caused by alts, that is not the point. The point is you can't do anything about someone buying a second account.

3 minutes ago, RKY said:

There are ways to control multi account. in dota2 for instance you must provide a unique phone number and confirm password. Or maybe limit alts to only be allowed in the same nation as the main account. there are many ways...

So you are saying there is no way I could have more than one phone number? Also dota2 is probably the most alt account infested game I've ever played and it is actually legal to connect the same number to two different accounts. That feature is to improve account security, not to prevent multiple accounts ( which would be an absolute ridiculous endeavour for a free2play title). 

How would you know what account is whose alt? Even ignoring that there are fake IP programms and everything, there could be two siblings playing on the same PC? You want to visit everyone at their home and ask them about their accounts? 

Should be obvious, that there is no way to know or police this, even if the devs tried really hard to prevent the extra $$$ coming in.

6 minutes ago, Neads O'Tune said:

Why should they exactly? Did everyone demand a refund when the Herc and Requin stopped being the OP line ship killers that they once were when originally sold to everyone?

Have they changed The forger or Admiralty Connections or Flags DLC in anyway that makes them no longer the product that was sold? 

In what way does a Wipe at reset which was ALWAYS going to be a possibility affect people's use of DLC?

The is a massive warning on the game store page that the game is subject to change. It's simple, do not buy into a early access if you are not prepared to put up all that is involved.

They have changed the the conditions on witch ppl have bought the dlc. Plain and simple. You see, they have in plenty post. Actually in post after post after post told ppl what to expect. That they put an disclamer on the front, dosen't actually change that. If I in my contry buy a car. The dealer can actually not write that no condintions count. Even it it is in the contract. There is some basic things he actually have to uphold. Thats the law view. But from a moral stand I actually can't see how they feel, they are in the right.

3 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

I feel like people in this topic has completely forgotten what they bought into... the game is unfinished and wipes WILL happen. You're basically here to test the game.. if you do not wish to test then I'd say the solution is fairly simple.. wait until the final release.

I see your point, the issue is this game has been out for 3 years and people have put hundreds/thousands of hours into it. Speaking for myself, I had way more time to play 2 and 3 years ago and was able to grind and get where I am now. If the experience and crafting is wiped, I'm likely not coming back and I'm sure there are others who are too. This isn't a game you can play for an hour, you need to commit to it and I don't have the time to regrind my level all the way back up. Plus, if you think this game will have a massive influx of players after it goes lives, I think the developers are sorely mistaken. Aside from the hype, after 3 months, the player numbers will be back to where they are now. This is a very very niche game, you need to make sure those who love this niche series stay and continue to be involved. 

• Like 1

Why admin says it was info from 2015 that They wont wipe XP ? Its not even 4 months old post and i guess its deleted now. I like the game but I value my time. Something was said that its guaranteed so i took it seriously.. And after only 4 months you change your opinion ? I just want to tell you that people on forum represent maybe like 5-10% of game population, so you hear only a few ideas. Anyway this game is for "sale" on steam already like 3 years, so most people who wanted the game already have it, so i dont really think there will be hundreds or thousands of new players. You will now just piss off a big group of players who are playing now. I really hope that those, who want full wipe will be sailing on the server with maybe 200-300 players or less, because a lot of people will quit :)

• Like 4

Can we get more details on the ECO changes? At the moment those of us who do not want to be forced into large amounts of PvE or long distance trade runs struggle to fund PvP (esspecially if you make a point of looking for challenging fights and lose a lot of ships in the process)

Will any of the changes in the upcoming patch help with this at all? I don't wanna be a Naval action Billionaire but I would like to not have to worry about paying for repairs etc.

29 minutes ago, Lars Kjaer said:

What I'm thinking is they're a bit too busy with their lives and not enough with their work

WOw, taht quite a accusation for not knowing them or their lives.  Or how much they Work. or for not having anx expierence in Developement of a Video game. YOu Sir, just disqualified yourself from any further Discussion

• Like 1

16 hours ago, admin said:

What remains unaffected

• Ship crafting XP and Combat XP will NOT be affected.

Additional pre-release resets/wipes if needed will be announced in the future in news on Steam and on game forums.

@admin are you saying XP will not be wiped or maybe in the future? It seems the narrative was "XP wipe will happen" and now looking at the edited notes, it leads me to believe XP wipe will not happen. 

Edited by Nelson Hornblower

3 minutes ago, Nelson Hornblower said:

@admin soare you saying XP will not be wiped or maybe in the future? It seems the narrative was "XP wipe will happen" and now looking at the edited notes, it leads me to believe XP wipe will not happen. 

IN THIS PATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will remain unaffected in this patch.

• Like 1

So, after spending waaay to many time in this Thread.

It is done and the Wipe is coming. I woud suggest we alle cool our horses until the new Combat and Ecom System is live next week.

Many here say nothing will change and we will be back to square one 2 months after release. Why dont we take a look at the new  Eco System and the new Missions before we jump conclusions?

@Lars Kjaer

i personally look forward to a complete Wipe and fresh Community and new Fun!

We got 3 months to get our Clans ready for release and learn the new System, focus on taht!, rahter ranting around!

Edited by Meraun
  • Like 2

This is great news, and was not disillusioned into thinking that XP would NOT be wiped prior to release.  It is a necessary aspect to the game and leveling the playing field for all players.  With 4+K of hours in the game means that I have the requisite knowledge and experience to move up the food chain faster.  I do not have to rely on "Alt" accounts to get all the materials and experience needed to enjoy the game.

There is definitely a lot of crying and blubbering over a simple game...get over it...it is just another game...don't like it...move on.

Looking forward to seeing the new aspects of the game.

• Like 3