Game-Labs Forum

Exciting times ahead - pre-release wipes information

7 minutes ago, Galt said:

@admin, did we every get confirmation as to whether the three hardcore nations (Prussia, Poland, Russia) are here to stay? Some people keep saying they are going away and the rest say they are here to stay. Can I get something from the horses mouth?

I believe there was a forum thread where the admin was adament about them staying.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Galt said:

@admin, did we every get confirmation as to whether the three hardcore nations (Prussia, Poland, Russia) are here to stay? Some people keep saying they are going away and the rest say they are here to stay. Can I get something from the horses mouth?

There are no changes planned to those nations. These countries could not be removed from the map in real life and wont be removed in game.

• Like 6

@admin

Any thoughts to fixing the server downtime issues that have driven away almost all of your Aussie player base?  Not to mention the location of the global server that made your oceanic players quit.  Would be nice to have @Jeheil back for release.... if he could play the game in his prime time.  

Since my release thread was deleted, I feel like these 2 issues should be at least addressed prior to launch.  

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, admin said:

Release wipe announcements will be posted separately. Once there is full clarity on the issues. There is no point to deliberate this in here.
PVE/Peace server for example does not need reset on release and we might even keep ships on launch.

PVP/WAR server is hardcore and must be reset, the only question is what will remain and we will decide what's best for all players and will post the announcement once we are ready. All statements discussed in this thread for launch were only related to the PVP server.

I just read this, this is huge for those who play on pve. I play on both, but from this I take there may be hardly any wipe on pve?

15 minutes ago, jnovotny6 said:

I just read this, this is huge for those who play on pve. I play on both, but from this I take there may be hardly any wipe on pve?

yes. PVE is for relaxing time.

There will be no launch wipes on the PVE/Peace server as promised. there is no conflict, no grief, only eternal peace. Only pre-release testing resets will be done on Peace server to help test the economy. 

There will be another announcement some time in the future on final release situation. This topic only relates to pre-release resets.
Captains who will try to derail this discussion away from the pre-release resets will be removed from the forums.

• Like 12

41 minutes ago, admin said:

There are no changes planned to those nations. These countries could not be removed from the map in real life and wont be removed in game.

Any chance for some capital zone for them?
Just a single port. I think it was pointed out few times already, that Poles actually had a small settle in Caribbean ;)

If we all go to wiped exp, not really a cool idea that everyone will sail to hunt Polish new players because they won't be actually protected by capital zone.

1 hour ago, Percival Merewether said:

I understand your problem, and I agree with you that an asset wipe is probably not the first thing to come to mind when buying into early access - with that said, it is a natural thing for a game that is in development to change and potential wipes do occur.

The reason for doing a complete wipe of certain materials, ships and other assets is to test changes quicker. eg.: trying to balance the economy will take months if people have assets worth millions - this is why a wipe is a great tool for developers because with a complete wipe of assets and cash you can test and balance the economy in only a couple of weeks. This drastically cuts down development time.

It is for the exact same reason that redeemable ships are given out for free when they are introduced to the game; to balance them quicker and not having to wait weeks for people to first find blueprints, get materials and then craft them.

Sometimes the developers give and sometimes they take away.. This is why I wholeheartedly support them every time we have a wipe and/or things are given away for free. I am however sometimes very vocal when I disagree with changes to the game, but wipes and free stuff are a necessary part of testing.

i understand your point about the economy and the devs needs folks to use the economy to test it, as opposed to folks already having 30000 coal or something in that line.  

And also, i now know how a EA game works and will on the look out moving forward with other games.

As the same time though, how would taking a 50 lvl crafter down to 0 lvl help.  I will craft the same as being a 50 level crafter as opposed to being a 0 lvl crafter.  

Also, for XP for ships.  I still fight AI when i find it.

It is a tough balance, we are not talking about, as I see it, folks spending 4 or 8 hours recoup some of the looses, but a lot of human time.  

I do not mind having to redue something that will take a little bit of time, or lose resources that I will never use, but to respend all of that time is frustrating.  

Tbh, i kind of want to be in the position that i am now, all the hay is in the barn and sweat equity is behind me, i can fight when i want, not worry about loosing a ship as i can rebuild it.  

I really do not want to go back to the days of having to decide to get into a PVP battle and loose a ship that will take me a handful of hours or what not in human time to replace by getting goods or fighting ai to get money, etc. 

What i REALLY hope is that the next time I spent my time gathering assets, it will be the LAST time.  And my hay that belongs to me stays in my barn.  

Thanks so much for your time and response. 

• Like 2

I don't think anymore guarantees are going to be given by the development team on what stays and what goes - besides that would only lead to further toxicity in the community if such guarantees were to be taken back due to unforeseen changes in development.

The best course of action is to just lean back and enjoy the game, if you're worried about future wipes and big changes you can always leave and come back post-release. We all need a break from time to time. 

Edited by Percival Merewether
My grammer is horrible!
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Percival Merewether said:

I don't think anymore guarantees are going to be given by the development team on what stays and what goes - besides that would only lead to further toxicity in the community if such guarantees were to be taken back due to unforeseen changes in development.

The best course of action is to just lean back and enjoy the game, if you're worried about future wipes and big changes you can always leave and come back post-release. We all need a break from time to time. 

Proberbly not. But should you go back on your word. Maybe not pretend that you can  do as you please. Maybe show a bit remorse and not edit post left and right. Ban hammer have been busy to Day.

So now ppl insted have to put there feedback on steam. I actially just finished takling to a guy that Will try to get a refund trough steam, since he think they sold him a falls product.

Yep some Will take a break. No problem with that.

Edited by staun
  • Like 2

I honestly don't care at this stage about them backpedaling on keeping exp. Having a high pop on launch day is the most important thing imo, and maintaining a high population. Anything that achieves that end is a success in my book.

We ranked up with 100% PvP back on EA release, and it was fun from the time you logged in until the time you logged out (because the servers were full). If there are 150 people on looking for bot ships, its dead already, you won't have to regrind.

Edited by Rabman
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, admin said:

There is no lie here, wake up.
We wanted to keep XP (upfront), then we spend time and saw where it will lead you we changed that decision (also telling you upfront). Both decisions were true. 

But if new players buy a new shiny game they dont want to see first rates commandeered by vets against them. I know you understand this

I agree with you... in PVP.

Shall we assume instead that in PVE /Peace, since "vets" won't /cannot fire any shot to new players playing their shiny new game we can keep our XP and Rank and, in general, all we hardly grinded since we will take advantage of it only against NPCs?

I don't see, nor I have read until now any argument of reasoning in this topic that applies to PVE. In fact,  in PVE happens the opposite: we "vets" as singles and/or via Clan are mostly helping new players with reals, doubloons, ships, upgrades, resources and tips, and we are very happy to do so, hoping one day we will have more effective mates to form battle groups against bigger NPCs fleets.

@admin please kindly reconsider wiping in PVE/Peace: it is not necessary, nor beneficial for new nor old players. Thanks for your attention.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Ameruccio Vespigo said:

I agree with you... in PVP.

Shall we assume instead that in PVE /Peace, since "vets" won't /cannot fire any shot to new players playing their shiny new game we can keep our XP and Rank and, in general, all we hardly grinded since we will take advantage of it only against NPCs?

I don't see, nor I have read until now any argument of reasoning in this topic that applies to PVE. In fact,  in PVE happens the opposite: we "vets" as singles and/or via Clan are mostly helping new players with reals, doubloons, ships, upgrades, resources and tips, and we are very happy to do so, hoping one day we will have more effective mates to form battle groups against bigger NPCs fleets.

@admin please kindly reconsider wiping in PVE/Peace: it is not necessary, nor beneficial for new nor old players. Thanks for your attention.

This has been addressed. He considers that we can keep our ships at release wipe. However, this does not concern the first wipe in early march. This all servers have to go through as announced. Loss of materials, reduced wealth to 50.000 reals etc. Read first post.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

This has been addressed. He considers that we can keep our ships at release wipe. However, this does not concern the first wipe in early march. This all servers have to go through as announced. Loss of materials, reduced wealth to 50.000 reals etc. Read first post.

Thanks for your note. I connected many hours after the publication and read the first 9 pages of the topic avidly, but stopped the reading to comment on this. My apologies if the issue was already addressed in those following pages I am still reading, but as soon as I read quoted Admin's post I could not refrain from sharing my thoughts. Please forgive me for the temperamental attitude.

• Like 2

How can you guys see it as a good thing? My 10 millions will be 50k. The trading goods are almost disappearing, ships are disapearing and when it comes, they come in fleets with 8 or more.

How can you guys trust that these new "things" are the best way to keep the game good? 

Do you guys really belive thats funny sail 40 minutes, 2 hours for fight some thing?

Edited by fandagh

6 hours ago, admin said:

Release wipe announcements will be posted separately. Once there is full clarity on the issues. There is no point to deliberate this in here.
PVE/Peace server for example does not need reset on release and we might even keep ships on launch.

PVP/WAR server is hardcore and must be reset, the only question is what will remain and we will decide what's best for all players and will post the announcement once we are ready. All statements discussed in this thread for launch were only related to the PVP server.

This whole wipe announcement should be a huge wake up call for anyone believing anything this administration says in the future. I can not remember a time when a date that was given was met. So they lied again..." I am shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here." I for one gave up believing what these guys say long ago. It would be wise for some of you to do the same.

Sorry NA developers, your credibility is not credible. New players, if you like the game play, just deal with the fact that these guys are notoriously bad when it comes to any form of information and or communication. Old players...shame on you for believing them. 

Two Bold predictions

A) It won't happen 'when' they say it will.

B) It won't happen 'like' they say it will.

• Like 5