Game-Labs Forum

Exciting times ahead - pre-release wipes information

14 minutes ago, Hennessy said:

Won't the map reset itself after the economy wipe? 

No money means you can't financed your ports.

11 minutes ago, rediii said:

if 50k reals mean also CWH then you have 100k reals to pay for ports. (If CWH is empty then clanleader money is taken)

I don't particularly care about the port, especially since all our resources will be adios.  I do care about the 50 ships we'll have stored there after expending all our resources permits and vic marks prior to the wipe tho 🙂 

So assuming the clan warehouse has 50k reals, we're good for the first day.  Is it confirmed that if the warehouse is empty it will auto hit the clan leader?

1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

Nothing matters now.

Everything will be wiped in only 2-3 months. What is the point of your worries?

Whats the point in playing till the final wipe? 3 months of free for all?

48 minutes ago, OjK said:

@Lars Kjaer - honorable mention required as well of course. Not only due to personal history, but also for publicly admitting, that You have no idea what You're talking about. Next time, before making fool of Yourself on the forum, check out what's going on in the game. And if You still think that veteran in 6th rate will be able to kill 3rd Rate, I'd suggest You go and take a closer look on what's going to change quite quickly, cause You might find Yourself in a different world sooner rather than later. Hint - testbed.

If you pulled your head out of a port you'd notice that I didn't write third rate.. And it doesn't change the fact - a third rate, or any other large ship can't hit a cutter, but a cutter can pen a larger ship like.. an LGV. Now for the dimwitted I may have to go step by step:

Step 1: Full wipe

Step 2: Whatever remains of the old guards will take a BC (won't waste time on the tutorials yet).

Step 3: tag and cap an LGV - this has two advantages, one is to give rs to start trading - a ship and some goods, the second is the guns.

Step 4: Take the tutorials whilst trading on your alt.

Step 5: Redeem the herc and put the guns from the LGV on it. Now you can decide wether or not to pull a port or kill noobs.

Step 6: Start killing noobs to get xp and knowledge slots opened. All the while trading on your alt.

Step 7: Use the rs traded for to build shipyard and start grinding craft lvl.

Step 8: Back to square one.

2 minutes ago, RKY said:

@admin with release, can you handle removal of alts? or at least forbid concurrent connection from a single mac address or something like that?

lmao got you worried there huh?

But no, there is no work around for alts, unique accounts are unique and as admin has stated many times before - alts are allowed "loose lips sinks ships" and all that..

Get used to being in the lower divisions because the rest of us will still be playing premier league after the wipe.. only a false sense of "equality" for the first 2 weeks after the wipe.. with or without alts - you've been measured, you've been weighed and by god you've been found wanting.

34 minutes ago, Intrepido said:
35 minutes ago, Flinch said:

Whats the point in playing till the final wipe? 3 months of free for all?

Exactly. No point.

The point of playing is exactly the same as it was before. Test the current state of the and give (hopefully constructive) feedback and try to have as much fun as you can while doing it.

Why do all your riches, your ports, your loot have to endure into eternity? Did you not have fun in the process of getting all that stuff?
Newsflash: This is a game! If it feels like work you are doing it wrong! Go and play! Have fun! And if you can, drop some feedback in here.
...no point in playing... smh...

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Tom Farseer said:

lol.. remind me... which clan is RKY in again? How many ports do they hold? :P

Edit: Sorry for off-topic. Too juicy not to comment....

Is anything I wrote untrue? I even took it step by step, are there any of the steps that doesn't seem plausible? Any1 deluding themselves into thinking that a wipe will actually change anything is just downright unwilling to face the facts of the server. The game is unbalanced. What in the testbed will balance anything out? What really is changing with trading - it's still printing your own money for little to no real effort by afk sailing from point A to point B. What will really change in crafting to make it a better mechanic? I don't see anything won by testing a damagemodel that has already been tested, an economy that is broken and won't be fixed by adding more goods or changing the names of them, or crafting that requires ressources that will still be available to all through alts - provided you have them and let's be honest most ppl do. 

To sum up: What is it in my statements that seems to be unrealistic? Where am I going wrong?

I for one preserves the right to discuss and argue on the merits of facts, any1 engaging in wishfull thinking and arguing from a vantage point more akin to a dreamworld is simply not worth their salts as testers.

1 hour ago, OjK said:

Well, and for everyone else crying about the wipes. Well, if You're that egocentric about Yourself, the game probably doesn't need You anyway, so feel free to quit.

Some refreshing, and a lot of fresh blood will do nothing but good to the game!
And a full wipe is a great step forward getting hundreds of new players after release. Well done!

PS: @Neads O'Tune - yeah, lol. Get some PvP kills 😂

Well where I come from a man stand by his word. @admin have again and again said what will happend. Ppl have spend money on the game and dlc. They have spend time on what he have promished. He know it is bad, so he promished a ship, that he already have promished. Well hurra. A shitty ship in compensation that we already was promished because of the testing.'

You mock ppl for expecting him to stand by his word. Really? But as long you got what you wanted all is fine.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Guess we just are different ppl. I let my moral compas point north.

The game will most likely not gain any more players on that dessision, New will come, old inactive will proberbly not return. 

Edited by staun
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lars Kjaer said:

I doubt any1 had fun grinding the ships knowledge xp.. I don't mind a wipe, even a full wipe, if it actually changes anything. At the moment all I see is a juvenile hope that by wiping the game it will somehow balance itself out. Only a cognitively challenged person believe that by keep making the same mistakes over and over again you'd produce a more pleasing result.

I wouldn't mind asking @admin again, and again.

What will have changed post release of the game to balance the game out?

The "new" damage model has already been tested and I'm not talking about the version on testbed. It's been tested before and we all remember the "no masts" PBs.. Do we really have to do that all over again to know that it won't work? What will change for new players post release that will improve retention rates? As far as I can tell the problems with the game will be glossed over by about 2 weeks, perhaps 4-5 and after that we're back to square one - new players quitting the game and old players complaining that there aren't any1 to kill.

I had a shitload of fun grinding ship slots and exp when i first started. 

I agree with your point that a wipe won't automatically fix all the issiues in the game BUT for example the current economy system (when dub drop rates where pretty much nonexistend in PvE) would have benefited from a fresh start. Atm the economy is not in a good state and a new well thought out system which gets restarts to test should benefit us imo.

You can't change an economy system and  expect it to work when you keep massive ammounts of money and goods flowing arround.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Grundgemunkey said:

my main bone of contention is you sold us DLC knowing that you were not going to honour that guarantee

I have to disagree with you here. I genuinely believe that the devs were sincere when they said they would not wipe and that it is only recently that they have realised that would be a bad idea.

So I don't think they did sell anyone anything KNOWING that they would change their minds and reset XP

Also @Tom Farseer I sunk you 1v1 didn't I? Jog on mate!

Edited by Neads O'Tune
  • Like 1

Just now, Mr Pellew said:

I agree with your point that a wipe won't automatically fix all the issiues in the game BUT for example the current economy system (when dub drop rates where pretty much nonexistend in PvE) would have benefited from a fresh start. Atm the economy is not in a good state and a new well thought out system which gets restarts to test should benefit us imo.

You can't change an economy system and  expect it to work when you keep massive ammounts of money and goods flowing arround.

Again I don't mind the wipe. I mind that whatever passes for a econ system on testbed really doesn't introduce anything new. The econ will still be broken and unimaginative.

Wipe all ships, all ressources etc, but ffs do it with a plan and not some halfassed decision made by the devs around 23 PM in Ukraine. Any1 other than me wondering why a design decision that isn't wholly thought through is made that late in the devs home country? I'm not saying that it's a spur of the moment thing, but I am insinuating that it might be!

3 minutes ago, Mr Pellew said:

The money will be grinded back from ai missions pretty fast. Inflation is the issue 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Neads O'Tune said:

I have to disagree with you here. I genuinely believe that the devs were sincere when they said they would not wipe and that it is only recently that they have realised that would be a bad idea.

So I don't think they did sell anyone anything KNOWING that they would change their minds and reset XP

And that why they ofc offer all that want it the posibillity to get a refund. 

2 minutes ago, Lars Kjaer said:

Again I don't mind the wipe. I mind that whatever passes for a econ system on testbed really doesn't introduce anything new. The econ will still be broken and unimaginative.

Wipe all ships, all ressources etc, but ffs do it with a plan and not some halfassed decision made by the devs around 23 PM in Ukraine. Any1 other than me wondering why a design decision that isn't wholly thought through is made that late in the devs home country? I'm not saying that it's a spur of the moment thing, but I am insinuating that it might be!

Come on Lars... Devs have always posted content on forums and other things 24/7. They have no life. 

(it's a compliment) 

Edited by HachiRoku

2 minutes ago, Lars Kjaer said:

This...

The way you guys handle your project and communicate with people testing your game shows ZERO respect for their time and money investment in your product. No roadmaps = no commitment, just do as you please, whenever you please. Such a great mentality. You are disgusting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Christendom said:

So assuming the clan warehouse has 50k reals, we're good for the first day.  Is it confirmed that if the warehouse is empty it will auto hit the clan leader?

we will leave 100k in the clan warehouse.

• Like 5

Just now, staun said:

And that why they ofc offer all that want it the posibillity to get a refund. 

Why should they exactly? Did everyone demand a refund when the Herc and Requin stopped being the OP line ship killers that they once were when originally sold to everyone?

Have they changed The forger or Admiralty Connections or Flags DLC in anyway that makes them no longer the product that was sold? 

In what way does a Wipe at reset which was ALWAYS going to be a possibility affect people's use of DLC?

The is a massive warning on the game store page that the game is subject to change. It's simple, do not buy into a early access if you are not prepared to put up all that is involved.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Sovereign said:

it is questionable whether they even use them at all.

Myself using alts or not is irrelevant. Alts are damaging economy and RVR, it is fact. Limiting it's use to a maximum if not prohibit is a necessity. Contrary to you I am not self centered and look for the game's benefit.

If you don't realize the problem caused by alts, we do not play the same game. There are ways to control multi account. in dota2 for instance you must provide a unique phone number and confirm password. Or maybe limit alts to only be allowed in the same nation as the main account. there are many ways...

Just now, Neads O'Tune said:

Why should they exactly? Did everyone demand a refund when the Herc and Requin stopped being the OP line ship killers that they once were when originally sold to everyone?

Have they changed The forger or Admiralty Connections or Flags DLC in anyway that makes them no longer the product that was sold? 

In what way does a Wipe at reset which was ALWAYS going to be a possibility affect people's use of DLC?

The is a massive warning on the game store page that the game is subject to change. It's simple, do not buy into a early access if you are not prepared to put up all that is involved.

I guess you wouldn't mind it if they simply closed the game without warning either. I mean it's subject to change at any time.