Game-Labs Forum
admin

Exciting times ahead - pre-release wipes information

7 minutes ago, Tom Farseer said:

It takes an hour or two to get up to M&C and sailing 5th rates. Go to Nassau, get a few cheap 6ths and have fun sinking stuff. You'll rank up again on the way. :ph34r:

If tutorial rewards stay, it's just a Final Exam, and You're at 280 crew already.

18 minutes ago, Christendom said:

@adminNot sure if this is was brought up before or not.  

With the first wipe, how much will remain in clan warehouses so our ports don’t go neutral immediately after?

Also assuming the map won’t be wiped.  

Won't the map reset itself after the economy wipe? 

No money means you can't financed your ports.

2 minutes ago, Hennessy said:

if 50k reals mean also CWH then you have 100k reals to pay for ports. (If CWH is empty then clanleader money is taken)

38 minutes ago, OjK said:

@admin First, I'd like to express my support for that idea!

Can't be more than happy to see, that You realised that what we need most is a proper kick on the launch day, and a full wipe is the way to go!
It takes some balls to change Your mind like this! Hats off!

On the other hand, I feel sorry for some people who did some rants over here. People like @John Sheppard - I'm truly sorry for Your life. If You and Your friends had just a thought of intentionally spoiling the fun for new people, gank them and troll them, that tells a lot about Your sorry life. Based on what? The argument that You have a right for that because You bought the game? Guess what - the new people will buy this game too. So You know what? After seeing what You posted, I actually wish You quit the game. Find Your purpose in living, and actually enjoy Your life. 

@Lars Kjaer - honorable mention required as well of course. Not only due to personal history, but also for publicly admitting, that You have no idea what You're talking about. Next time, before making fool of Yourself on the forum, check out what's going on in the game. And if You still think that veteran in 6th rate will be able to kill 3rd Rate, I'd suggest You go and take a closer look on what's going to change quite quickly, cause You might find Yourself in a different world sooner rather than later. Hint - testbed.

Well, and for everyone else crying about the wipes. Well, if You're that egocentric about Yourself, the game probably doesn't need You anyway, so feel free to quit.

Some refreshing, and a lot of fresh blood will do nothing but good to the game!
And a full wipe is a great step forward getting hundreds of new players after release. Well done!

PS: @Neads O'Tune - yeah, lol. Get some PvP kills 😂

what a hypocrite ... i guess your going to try and tell us youve never attacked and sunk a new player

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rediii said:

if 50k reals mean also CWH then you have 100k reals to pay for ports. (If CWH is empty then clanleader money is taken)

WTF😫

We will be dropping ports quicker than .. whores knickers

Edited by Grundgemunkey

22 minutes ago, Tom Farseer said:

It takes an hour or two to get up to M&C and sailing 5th rates. Go to Nassau, get a few cheap 6ths and have fun sinking stuff. You'll rank up again on the way. :ph34r:

If I read correctly, the tutorial will be wiped, too. Just redo it, and you dont even have to sail to Nassau....

21 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I hate to call you on BS, but as Privateer so kindly points out......Last I checked the Yacht is not sold as a DLC.   This sounds like either poor coding or a lazy way to cash grab. 

There are several types of game keys on Steam. In terms of users most used are:

• Yellow developer keys - the only type of keys steam allows to give if Steam store is not open. These keys can have hidden unreleased content attached.
    • These keys were sold through PayPal and had the yacht. Once the store in Jan 2016 opened they were no longer available.
    • Valve disbanded the practice of allowing developers to give such keys last year, limited their number by 1000;  valve also removed their review potential; if owners of these keys leave a review - such reviews do not affect overall in review score. 
  • White public keys - keys sold on steam once store is opened.
    • They can only have public content attached. But under Valve rules if you have content it must be available in the store (for free or paid).

Players who bought the game after launch in 2016 have the public version of the game, Pandora DLC if attached to a public key will have to be also available on the main store. Yacht was attached to yellow developer keys and thus stays hidden.
If yacht needs to become available it will have to be launched as a new item in the store or get into the game by other means.

Overall perhaps you should not jump to strange conclusions - like calling coding poor or cash grabs 

• Like 7

Just now, Grundgemunkey said:

what a hypocrite ... i guess your going to try and tell us youve never attacked and sunk a new player

Believe it or not - but no. If someone was sailing a frigate, and after tagging I realised thats a new player, I was letting them go. Unless I was 100% sure it was an alt.

But no, imagine I never even cared to sail to reinforce zone to snipe noobs. That's not what I want from this game.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tom Farseer said:

It will not change much for new players on release due to the skill gap and DLC ships.

Hear, Hear! The voice of reason.

15 minutes ago, Tom Farseer said:

But it also is not really the end of all things for the old guard. If someone enjoyed ranking up before, chances are they can find joy in ranking up again...

This is true for me aswell... but only because I can rank up in PvP. I also understand why they want to remove it, despite being promised otherwise. Fine by me. That being said, only rank xp

If the ship xp and books will be wiped too, I am done however ( unless they are removed from the game completely and are not replaced by some similar BS ). I wouldn't even be mad... had a lot of fun with the game and played it more than enough. I simply don't see myself grinding all this shit again for no reason ( new players lose anyways every time, so it's no excuse ).

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Hennessy said:

11 minutes ago, rediii said:

I don't particularly care about the port, especially since all our resources will be adios.  I do care about the 50 ships we'll have stored there after expending all our resources permits and vic marks prior to the wipe tho 🙂 

So assuming the clan warehouse has 50k reals, we're good for the first day.  Is it confirmed that if the warehouse is empty it will auto hit the clan leader?

1 minute ago, Gott365 said:

What about sealed bottles, will they be wiped aswell?

nope

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

Nothing matters now.

Everything will be wiped in only 2-3 months. What is the point of your worries?

Whats the point in playing till the final wipe? 3 months of free for all?

48 minutes ago, OjK said:

@Lars Kjaer - honorable mention required as well of course. Not only due to personal history, but also for publicly admitting, that You have no idea what You're talking about. Next time, before making fool of Yourself on the forum, check out what's going on in the game. And if You still think that veteran in 6th rate will be able to kill 3rd Rate, I'd suggest You go and take a closer look on what's going to change quite quickly, cause You might find Yourself in a different world sooner rather than later. Hint - testbed.

If you pulled your head out of a port you'd notice that I didn't write third rate.. And it doesn't change the fact - a third rate, or any other large ship can't hit a cutter, but a cutter can pen a larger ship like.. an LGV. Now for the dimwitted I may have to go step by step:

Step 1: Full wipe

Step 2: Whatever remains of the old guards will take a BC (won't waste time on the tutorials yet).

Step 3: tag and cap an LGV - this has two advantages, one is to give rs to start trading - a ship and some goods, the second is the guns.

Step 4: Take the tutorials whilst trading on your alt.

Step 5: Redeem the herc and put the guns from the LGV on it. Now you can decide wether or not to pull a port or kill noobs.

Step 6: Start killing noobs to get xp and knowledge slots opened. All the while trading on your alt.

Step 7: Use the rs traded for to build shipyard and start grinding craft lvl.

Step 8: Back to square one.

@admin with release, can you handle removal of alts? or at least forbid concurrent connection from a single mac address or something like that?

2 minutes ago, RKY said:

@admin with release, can you handle removal of alts? or at least forbid concurrent connection from a single mac address or something like that?

lmao got you worried there huh?

But no, there is no work around for alts, unique accounts are unique and as admin has stated many times before - alts are allowed "loose lips sinks ships" and all that..

Get used to being in the lower divisions because the rest of us will still be playing premier league after the wipe.. only a false sense of "equality" for the first 2 weeks after the wipe.. with or without alts - you've been measured, you've been weighed and by god you've been found wanting.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Intrepido said:
35 minutes ago, Flinch said:

Whats the point in playing till the final wipe? 3 months of free for all?

Exactly. No point.

The point of playing is exactly the same as it was before. Test the current state of the and give (hopefully constructive) feedback and try to have as much fun as you can while doing it.

Why do all your riches, your ports, your loot have to endure into eternity? Did you not have fun in the process of getting all that stuff?
Newsflash: This is a game! If it feels like work you are doing it wrong! Go and play! Have fun! And if you can, drop some feedback in here.
...no point in playing... smh...

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Tom Farseer said:

lol.. remind me... which clan is RKY in again? How many ports do they hold? :P

Edit: Sorry for off-topic. Too juicy not to comment....

Is anything I wrote untrue? I even took it step by step, are there any of the steps that doesn't seem plausible? Any1 deluding themselves into thinking that a wipe will actually change anything is just downright unwilling to face the facts of the server. The game is unbalanced. What in the testbed will balance anything out? What really is changing with trading - it's still printing your own money for little to no real effort by afk sailing from point A to point B. What will really change in crafting to make it a better mechanic? I don't see anything won by testing a damagemodel that has already been tested, an economy that is broken and won't be fixed by adding more goods or changing the names of them, or crafting that requires ressources that will still be available to all through alts - provided you have them and let's be honest most ppl do. 

To sum up: What is it in my statements that seems to be unrealistic? Where am I going wrong?

I for one preserves the right to discuss and argue on the merits of facts, any1 engaging in wishfull thinking and arguing from a vantage point more akin to a dreamworld is simply not worth their salts as testers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OjK said:

Well, and for everyone else crying about the wipes. Well, if You're that egocentric about Yourself, the game probably doesn't need You anyway, so feel free to quit.

Some refreshing, and a lot of fresh blood will do nothing but good to the game!
And a full wipe is a great step forward getting hundreds of new players after release. Well done!

PS: @Neads O'Tune - yeah, lol. Get some PvP kills 😂

Well where I come from a man stand by his word. @admin have again and again said what will happend. Ppl have spend money on the game and dlc. They have spend time on what he have promished. He know it is bad, so he promished a ship, that he already have promished. Well hurra. A shitty ship in compensation that we already was promished because of the testing.'

You mock ppl for expecting him to stand by his word. Really? But as long you got what you wanted all is fine.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Guess we just are different ppl. I let my moral compas point north.

The game will most likely not gain any more players on that dessision, New will come, old inactive will proberbly not return. 

Edited by staun
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lars Kjaer said:

I doubt any1 had fun grinding the ships knowledge xp.. I don't mind a wipe, even a full wipe, if it actually changes anything. At the moment all I see is a juvenile hope that by wiping the game it will somehow balance itself out. Only a cognitively challenged person believe that by keep making the same mistakes over and over again you'd produce a more pleasing result.

I wouldn't mind asking @admin again, and again.

What will have changed post release of the game to balance the game out?

The "new" damage model has already been tested and I'm not talking about the version on testbed. It's been tested before and we all remember the "no masts" PBs.. Do we really have to do that all over again to know that it won't work? What will change for new players post release that will improve retention rates? As far as I can tell the problems with the game will be glossed over by about 2 weeks, perhaps 4-5 and after that we're back to square one - new players quitting the game and old players complaining that there aren't any1 to kill.

I had a shitload of fun grinding ship slots and exp when i first started. 

I agree with your point that a wipe won't automatically fix all the issiues in the game BUT for example the current economy system (when dub drop rates where pretty much nonexistend in PvE) would have benefited from a fresh start. Atm the economy is not in a good state and a new well thought out system which gets restarts to test should benefit us imo.

You can't change an economy system and  expect it to work when you keep massive ammounts of money and goods flowing arround.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Grundgemunkey said:

my main bone of contention is you sold us DLC knowing that you were not going to honour that guarantee

I have to disagree with you here. I genuinely believe that the devs were sincere when they said they would not wipe and that it is only recently that they have realised that would be a bad idea.

So I don't think they did sell anyone anything KNOWING that they would change their minds and reset XP

Also @Tom Farseer I sunk you 1v1 didn't I? Jog on mate!

Edited by Neads O'Tune
  • Like 1