Game-Labs Forum

Exciting times ahead - pre-release wipes information

7 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

If the first impression and cutters are so important, unlock the ranks for all the testers on release in time. After a week give us post captain ranks, after 2 weeks flag captain, after 3 weeks commodores and after month rear admirals... Same result and these that hate re-doing the grind can simply wait and come back later. 

taht might be an idea, give the EA Tester they old Ranks back, no just an once but slowly.

• Like 1

Some people seem to have still not realized how gamimg business works. The only goal/intention is to earn as much money as possible. Therefore developers are not interested to keep veterans/EA testers happy endlessly. They squeezed already all money out of them. Game release gives the opportunity to squeeze loads of fresh players that needs to be kept happy for a while, at least until their next EA game is around the corner.

I don't care as much about wipes tbh. Although breaking promises could be arguable.

For every unhappy customer Steam reviews is your friend.

Edited by Guest

37 minutes ago, Captain Woodpecker said:

Am I the only one who has the impression that we were told that XP will not be wiped so that we stay and grind as experimental rabbits? 

Well, the xp wipe being announced so close to release sure doesn't strongly suggest otherwise. I am glad we can not know for sure... talk about benefit of the doubt. Still, as long as we keep books and ship knowledge I will put up with it.

7 hours ago, John Sheppard said:

@admin

We are disscussing this on TS and Discord now 

You should know that a lot of the old players are pissed off more than you can possibly imagine and if it comes to it they-we are even prepared to retaliate on purpose

I mean farm the new players extensively to force them to quit and give negative reviews .. just letting you know how bad this can turn out.. i don't think it would be in the best interest of the game

EDIT: just to make sure ... this is not my suggestion 

First off, i doubt Thread are helpful,

Secondly i think there well be enough old player happy with the Wipe  to protect the newbs 🙂

Not understand this only show how much more these guys care about their xp than having a good Game with a healthy Playerbase (Its now heathly right now)

7 hours ago, John Sheppard said:

We are disscussing this on TS and Discord now 

You should know that a lot of the old players are pissed off more than you can possibly imagine and if it comes to it they-we are even prepared to retaliate on purpose

I mean farm the new players extensively to force them to quit and give negative reviews .. just letting you know how bad this can turn out.. i don't think it would be in the best interest of the game

Is there a way to dislike a post? 🙄

• Like 5

6 hours ago, John Sheppard said:

FIY one of those people i know is over 50 .. about the rest i can't vouch but i would guess in 25-50 range from previous conversations

Maybe you are living in a fairy tale world where there is no violence and people are always calm and obedient?

im know many 50+ wich behave like children. beeing mature doesnt come with Age.

2 hours ago, admin said:

And lets get things straight. We did want to keep xp and crafting xp safe until we did not. We first wanted to give veterans and advantage against new players, but now we dont. we cant, keeping that promise is bad for the game, because all players must be equal on launch.

We had this discussion in early 2016 already. Or was it even earlier? A full wipe was announced then. I haven’t read anything new about this topic here. Except the excellent idea of @Banished Privateer

Back then @admin said that they can’t wipe one important thing, that is the veteran’s knowing how to play the game successfully and that this will be our reward. Pandora is a nice addition, though. ;)

• Like 1

Im two hands up for xp swipe. In my opinion  i would go even further, swiping books too.there are some veterans hunting for newbies and poundering them to the bottom time after time, not a good thing to keep those new players in game, dont you think?. I see no reason to make new players live harder after full release. As veterans with 1000+ hours of play, you know all the tricks, manual sayils, keeping the wind, good ships or even perk builds  etc. No sense to make your advantage bigger, by letting you stick to your ranks and free upgrades in forms of AoS, or GE. Good job devs, dont let be cried over by those who are affraid of fair fights.

13 minutes ago, Meraun said:

First off, i doubt Thread are helpful,

Secondly i think there well be enough old player happy with the Wipe  to protect the newbs 🙂

Not understand this only show how much more these guys care about their xp than having a good Game with a healthy Playerbase (Its now heathly right now)

The "old" players happy with the wipe is the casuals that never do PvP, if they really try to "protect" the noobs, I'll only lvl up faster.

The biggest issue is: Newbs are stopping after a couple of weeks. How will this change post release? - 2-3 weeks after release I have everything I need, am a lvl 50 crafter and got 1st rates coming out of my ass. Where is the noobs going to hide? And what about these "old" players, PvE'ers with no idea how to PvP - easy kills. Nothing more.

1 hour ago, Lars Kjaer said:

Do you believe that grinding endlessly is what NA is about?

It's only a grind if you CHOOSE to make it a grind. It was always an option to level up FASTER through PvP and to be perfectly honest, if many had done it that way instead of grinding through countless missions then they'd be more adept at pvp and the game in general would be better off.

If you only know how to fight AI then that will be ALL you can fight. If most people had gone in for PvP within say their first two weeks instead of waiting YEARS to try then they would have more success.

Think of it like languages, it's much easier to learn a new language if you are taught from a very early age instead of waiting until you are 30+

Providing the game survives the "Great British Coalition's Carebear Slaughter Of The Newbs" (The working title) then I think it would be better in the long run for as many people as possible to get that early pvp experience 

Let's not forget, the exams will give everyone a boost anyway

2 minutes ago, Neads O'Tune said:

It's only a grind if you CHOOSE to make it a grind. It was always an option to level up FASTER through PvP and to be perfectly honest, if many had done it that way instead of grinding through countless missions then they'd be more adept at pvp and the game in general would be better off. Try to make it to a PvP match before lecturing me about being "adept" at PvP. If you tried hunting you'd know that you can hunt for hours on end without finding anything and this won't be changed by a wipe.

If you only know how to fight AI then that will be ALL you can fight. If most people had gone in for PvP within say their first two weeks instead of waiting YEARS to try then they would have more success.

Think of it like languages, it's much easier to learn a new language if you are taught from a very early age instead of waiting until you are 30+

Providing the game survives the "Great British Coalition's Carebear Slaughter Of The Newbs" (The working title) then I think it would be better in the long run for as many people as possible to get that early pvp experience 

Let's not forget, the exams will give everyone a boost anyway

Neads - what's your ingame name? 'Cuz I've never seen it in combat news. Try making a PvP kill before lecturing me about how to get xp.

25 minutes ago, Suppenkelle said:

We had this discussion in early 2016 already. Or was it even earlier? A full wipe was announced then. I haven’t read anything new about this topic here. Except the excellent idea of @Banished Privateer

Back then @admin said that they can’t wipe one important thing, that is the veteran’s knowing how to play the game successfully and that this will be our reward. Pandora is a nice addition, though. ;)

@Banished Privateer idea is good but is not going to help because players who will expect xp in lets say a month - will then delay playing. 

• Like 4