Game-Labs Forum

Fresh Start – Wipe information for War and Peace servers.

2 hours ago, Teutonic said:

As I said, all players in a clan - if they have been inactive for more than a month the clan tag/name would be wiped.

I'd imagine that about 6 months after release inactive early access character and clan names could be deleted and released for re-use, and perhaps continuing on inactivity periods of at least 13 month intervals thereafter.

4 hours ago, Mascarino said:

2000 players? You must be dreaming, if we reach 1000 players will be so good, but we have doubts.

A smart marketing campaign works wonders. With all the new DLC there's certainly a lot of money to be made by doing things properly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, admin said:

its an option but the problem with this option is that people will take popular clan games just for lols.

I was just thinking this, cause I'll be honest I wouldn't mind getting my ROVER tag back as I had it before ROVER did and actually traded it on EU for it on Global as I was using it for a solo pirate on EU since beginning, but honestly they have more use for it.

3 hours ago, admin said:

its an interesting way to limit conquest in the early days

But the problem is that many would chose clan name over waiting for port battles.
For many their clan name is key and if we wipe clans they might lose it. And if we do not wipe clans this option becomes impossible

The other issue we have is dead clan leaders that aren't active taking up clan names.

How about this.  Make a token that all clan leaders get upon release.  If they don't use it in 2 weeks (15 days) that clan name is removed from the list and any one can use it.   I figured if they are going to return it will be during that first week or two.   

• Like 4

i think this should be updated, because on the picture about weekly frigate it is pictured the USS Constitution while ingame the USS Connie is classified as a 3rd rate, thus confusing new players :) 

5o68VjN.png

Edited by Guest

9 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

How about this.  Make a token that all clan leaders get upon release.  If they don't use it in 2 weeks (15 days) that clan name is removed from the list and any one can use it.   I figured if they are going to return it will be during that first week or two.   

maybe even diplomats because of vacation and holidays etc

Edited by Guest

something im not clear on:

i have several things in the "gifts & rewards" and the "reals & XP grant" sections of the redeemables. 

10k doubloons, 500 combat medals, admiral chest, paint chest, santa cecilia note, christian, 15x 24pd blomfield, 15x 24pd congreve, 15x 32pd obusier, 10x 32pd navy gun.

also have a bunch of ships...

will all this be gone after the wipe?

4 hours ago, admin said:

its an interesting way to limit conquest in the early days

But the problem is that many would chose clan name over waiting for port battles.
For many their clan name is key and if we wipe clans they might lose it. And if we do not wipe clans this option becomes impossible

THE MONEY TO CREATE A CLAN CAN BE MADE IN A BLOODY HOUR BY A FEW PEOPLE WITH DELIVERY MISSIONS!

OK, I get it, people don't want to lose their BETA clan name and so we are left with 1000s of defunct names that are unavailable to use at the official start of the game.  But I beg you, MAKE THE LIST ALPHABETICAL ORDER.  Playing scavenger hunt for 20 minutes to add a clan to friendly list is beyond ridiculous and aggravating.

Edited by Atreides

Please explain this confusion in what you have written:

Peace server

• Partial reset:
    • Rank, Crafting rank, Knoweldge slots and knowledge books will remain
    • Everything else will be wiped, and tutorial progress will be reset.
    • Compensation ships for latest server problems will be added on launch as a timed redeem
  • where only knowledge books will remain then we go to:
  • peace server he/she will have xp, crafting xp, slots and books. Clan affiliation will remain as it was before the launch.

Where we will have books on peace server! Appears not to make sense.

19 hours ago, rediii said:

I dont have 5k hours but I think it is a nice thing. Last wipe was a very fun time

You are mad or something? You can not remember that it took a good 1000 hours just for this  three books >>>> Art of Ship Handling, Gunnery Enze and Book of Five Rings.

THIS SH...IT AGAIN? :o

- don't fill posts with off topic memes. thank you. video content removed- the moderation team

• Like 1

Is it possible to have details on any new feature that made it into the release candidate? Such as locked alliances, raids, announced 3rd rate ships (Téméraire, montanes and wrecker class), etc.

Cheers and hat's off to all those invloved in Naval Action developement.

Edited by Serk
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Koveras said:

Why is an early release better than a later one? - As I see it a good release is premeditated upon the mechanics being ingame and actually functioning and balanced. Neither is the case atm in terms of port bonus', econ and mods. And the game is still not exactly user friendly for the casual player, or just new players in general.

You can only go so long until you drain EA support. What you don't want is to go so long to where the people who are playing now get so far invested into what is just an unfinished product and mistaking it as is. After a number of years veterans take up a majority of playerbase and things start to get toxic and salty fast. You gotta launch pretty soon not only because it's been over the 4 year mark for EA, but you need new players with new perspective and new drive to carry content, otherwise you get a bunch of stale vets with chapped lips yapping off about non-meta things like pb's and stuff constantly and they'll forget they're the only people left and the game is a month away from pulling the plug due to lack of cash flow.

You'll find very often that the same big suggestions get repeated by different people in waves once or twice a year, if the devs don't listen to this then there will be no progress, and the track of progress and where we are on the roadmap will be gone. Common conscious expectations being met is what pleases people the most, it's where the magick is, not picking up on the magick will end a mans whole career. Stuff like Raids, Alliances, Pirate/outlaw mechanics come to mind. You just can't have age of sail without these things and the players will (and have) drove the devs (and themselves) nuts collecting massive support for things that the devs for whatever reason don't wish to endeavour. Some really high quality, well thought out ideas literally almost perfected just need the coding and you could have the age of sail dream of a game. Probably the most frustrating thing, having brilliant instructions for something but no one to put the thing together and make it real.

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Schwedischer Pöbel said:

You are mad or something? You can not remember that it took a good 1000 hours just for this  three books >>>> Art of Ship Handling, Gunnery Enze and Book of Five Rings.

THIS SH...IT AGAIN? :o

Why do you need those books? Are they the only way you can win? If not, then why bitch about it? If so, then why should you have a "new game release" advantage over new players?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

Why do you need those books? Are they the only way you can win? If not, then why bitch about it? If so, then why should you have a "new game release" advantage over new players?

only way to can win ? :rolleyes: post me (Pit Pinsel) we make a duel without this books. NO ist only the Thing, that i must do so much pve for it and i hate pve.

Good morning to all,

I will repeat some questions, because no answer was given in that Forum:

After Wipe: 

• Can i buildt up a brand new character with new name and the clan list and the friend list still exists (for me and for my friends)?
  •  What is about the actual daily reinforcement of pandoras, is this rule for older players also gone??
  •  The DEV´s said, if you pass the final exam you can start with a higher crew after wipe? Is that true?

And i can only repeat, pls optimise the following parts of the game:

•  The trade system, every player should develop his/ her character also with trading actions. With small ships and low earn ratio make this no sense
  •  We all need a early access for urgent products. The hurdles for combat medals, rare woods, buildings and so on are even for the beginning much to high
  •  The battle - rating system in PB´s and the br-sytem for oversee fightings (special in the inner zones of the nations) do not work. To prevent a slaughterhouse from DLC-Players, special the newer players need a little saftey. The best is, to bring the help from other nation members. So, pls widen the br for the defenders.
  •  The port investment tools costs are much to high and very hard to gain.
  •  and finally the advantage of the DLC-players against all others will be  to big. Their ships had a immense advantage against all other players
  •  There are some problems more. If you do not check the balances, the game will not survive this year, because you will loose the player population you need for this fine game!!!!

I am very pleased for a answer :)

• Like 1

Well well … other changes to wipe rules (also on PVE) … you try so hard to push the sales of DLCs eh?

Summarizing

Bye bye testers, it's been fun

Bye bye Naval Action, it could have been fun (and it was for a while) 

Bye bye Game labs … I will be honest: I will never ever test a game of yours.

Now ban me if you want, my interest in the whole thing is now close to zero

• Like 1

Now where can I actually read the reasoning behind devs' decision to kick their longtime 'consideration' to allow players to keep ships on PvE Peace Server at release?

Or can we tone that down to "player gets opportunity to chose five ships out of twenty/seven out of thirty (with admiralty dlc) which will be taken over with him into post-release period"?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Severus Snape said:

How about we have a thread where a week after release if a certain clan hasn't comeback and returned to "active" status users here post and the devs can maybe go delete it?

Even more simple:

What about NOW before release, EVERYONE will get a reedemable which the clan leader has to redeem during next 10 days...otherwise clan get deleted during the next maintenance !!!

This way, all inactive clans can get deleted from list before release and active clans will stay :P 

• Like 3