Game-Labs Forum

Little things you'd like to see

3 hours ago, ManuelSpain said:

correct more ropes too! more real more crew movement and more numerous

I think this was ever demanded, at least for the crew. Developers answered that this kind of details is consuming a lot of resources from computers (drop of FPS) and maybe a long development time for just a visual effect.

For ropes, dirts on the deck and so on, I don't know. 

• 3 weeks later...

1. EXP points should be redeemable for something once you are an Admiral.

2. Make the Indefatigable a 5th rate.

3. Ship notes should allow you to choose wood types.

4. Labor hour banks should be at least 5k without perks.

5. Tools need to weigh at least 10x less.

6. The USS and Constitution ship models seem way too big, I think they need to be shrunk a bit. I have seen the Constitution in real life and it does not seem as big as portrayed in the game. If I'm wrong then ignore this one.

7. Allow players to name their ships.

8. Make trade goods and materials have a weight and a volume component. Then calibrate trade ships to be specialized. Right now its Indiaman trade ships all the time because raw hold size is what matters.

9. Make victory marks more useful. 

10. Make capital waters AI fleets not as fast.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2019 at 4:14 PM, Syler said:

1. EXP points should be redeemable for something once you are an Admiral.

2. Make the Indefatigable a 5th rate.

3. Ship notes should allow you to choose wood types.

4. Labor hour banks should be at least 5k without perks.

5. Tools need to weigh at least 10x less.

6. The USS and Constitution ship models seem way too big, I think they need to be shrunk a bit. I have seen the Constitution in real life and it does not seem as big as portrayed in the game. If I'm wrong then ignore this one.

7. Allow players to name their ships.

8. Make trade goods and materials have a weight and a volume component. Then calibrate trade ships to be specialized. Right now its Indiaman trade ships all the time because raw hold size is what matters.

9. Make victory marks more useful. 

10. Make capital waters AI fleets not as fast.

The Connie was as far as overall size bigger than the Bellona irl. 

The Connie was built as a "super frigate" 

Long narrow sleek in order to be fast and maneuverable but also well armored.  As far as in game, the Connie does reflect its massive unorthodox design very well

• 1 month later...

Well, some polishing would include

1. Ship names on the models to be removed, and the ships not to be called for example a "Bellona" or "Redoutable", but a "Bellona-class-SOL" or "Temeraire-Class-SOL" ,

2. The option to name it out of a pool of names,  that may be extendet by proposal, to prevent missuse (I really don't want to see a "HMS K*ssmy*ass" or                             something comparable)

3. A Rework of the NPC-naming-system. I am quite tired of encountering russian SOL-Admiral Alfonso Batista.

1.+2. would make the game more sandboxy, and 3. more immersive.

Edited by Yorkshire Studding
  • Like 5

Stats for each ship. Would be neat if each ship saved its stats that she kept till she sunk (even if sold, captured, or traded). Examples such as. Distance traveled, ships sunk, date created, nations that have owned her, players that have owned her. Let's see each ship tell a story 😃

Edited by MrOkieDokie
Added captured as it's not sinking
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Yorkshire Studding said:

1. Ship names on the models to be removed, and the ships not to be called for example a "Bellona" or "Redoutable", but a "Bellona-class-SOL" or "Temeraire-Class-SOL" ,

2. The option to name it out of a pool of names,  that may be extendet by proposal, to prevent missuse (I really don't want to see a "HMS K*ssmy*ass" or                             something comparable)

3. A Rework of the NPC-naming-system. I am quite tired of encountering russian SOL-Admiral Alfonso Batista.

couldnt agree more.

• Like 2

Things that aggravate the community needlessly.

'One of your ships does not have enough crew' - I have 1200 men but one of my t-brigs has not enough crew. really? My main ship gets crew automatically, why cant everyone?

Doubly annoying, when I am swapping main and fleet ships for any reason the crew gets reset and I have all that fun all over again.

'Cannot teleport with fleet'.  Make dock size include fleet size and just automatically dock the darn things, please. 

This does introduce a potential exploit where I could respec for 4 in fleet, fill my docks up completely and then spec back to a battle set of perks with 3 extra ships in dock. Is that a big deal? It costs 200 dubs to do it and how likely is it to occur? Also if you wanted to you could check at perk respec time and say 'cannot drop perks, too many ships in dock.' that would be less annoying than the constant nag we get now.

• Like 4

On 1/26/2020 at 11:49 AM, Yorkshire Studding said:

Maybe make it so that Ship names are nation specific but with a DLC you can use ship names from other nations?

• Like 1

On 1/27/2020 at 7:42 AM, MrOkieDokie said:

Stats for each ship. Would be neat if each ship saved its stats that she kept till she sunk (even if sold, captured, or traded). Examples such as. Distance traveled, ships sunk, date created, nations that have owned her, players that have owned her. Let's see each ship tell a story 😃

Would be cool to have something similar to how Europa Universalis IV writes a history of your nation as you play. Sunk ships could drop a captain's logbook that you can loot and read.

• Like 3

On 1/24/2014 at 10:39 AM, Ned Loe said:

Ability to extinguish lights on the back of the ship at night.

Ability to send flares.

Captain cabin like one in AC Black Flag.

Ability to hoist different flags anytime.

Crows nest on the top of the main mast to view greater distances. 

Ability to change, paint figureheads and ship hull.

turning off the lights is a must. give you away to easily at night 

I would like the devs to consider a percentage limit of the total number of ports in the game that can be controlled by any one nation.

In the past if one nation took control of a majority of the ports, there would be a map wipe and reset. In the current released version of the game that would mean all the major investments in buildings and shipyards would be tossed away unless your faction could retake the ports where these facilities were located.

to save the riots and outcry that would entail, perhaps 25 or 30 percent be the max total percentage of the ports that could be controlled by a nation.

This would save them from the wipe and reset that might come soon if Russia continues to gobble up ports on the map at this time.

Of course using alts in another nation it would be possible to control more than the 30 percent indirectly but at least it would be under another flag and may be easier to control and mange the alt issues that are considered violations.

The ports owned could be anywhere on the map and would not have to be concentrated in one contiguous area.  If this happened it will help create more pvp on the pvp servers if national ports are scattered all around. They would be less secure if so but no risk no reward.

12 hours ago, van stiermarken said:

PvP Battles should stay open on the Defenders side, until the Battle is more or less equal (based on BR).

that would eliminate (hopefully) that ganking what we have now here. it's really not funny to battle 1 against 5 for instance. 

it's one of those really important things here.

Are you playing Naval Action? What you are asking for is already in game and has been for quite a while. Battles are first open for 2 minutes for anyone to join. Afterwards the battle is open for 20 minutes for the weaker side, until the BR difference has reached 13% (iirc).

This change together with the privateer fleets was a good addition to a healthier pvp game. No more noob slaughtering around capitals and way less mass ganking around free ports, because you can now actually help out.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Little things I want to see:

- sending a ship to the docks without sending it to my fleet first

- managing the cargo without switching every time

- that my crew stay at their ships without changing the crew every time I switch the ship

- when I visited a port that I can see at the map what it produces without actually beeing there (like it was before)

- removing the stupid wind turns when you are about to loot a ship

• Like 3

The opportunity after a successful boarding to press/force the remaining enemy crew on your own ship. Ar at least some of them. It makes just no sense to just throw 90 sailor over board. And historical captains forced enemy sailor to work on their own ship. And often they voluntary switched sides. Especially to become pirates but also to other countries.

Removing the overloaded trader NPC. They should only carry the load they can.

Edited by CptEdwardKenway
  • Like 2