Game-Labs Forum

Little things you'd like to see

On 2/1/2019 at 6:23 PM, Vizzini said:

Paint dlc

Not sure what keeps them from adding it... we even have flag DLC already. My only guess would be, they are still working on some higher quality paints for the DLC and the old familiar ones will be available for all plebs without DLC. The old paints aren't bad but the only ones among them, that I would pay for without thinking twice are Rogue Noir, Scarred and maybe classic white.

More "used look" paints like "scarred" and "outlaw" is what I want to see... no more 100% maiden voyage and brandnew ships, please. I want to see battle scars, patches and visible wear on the gear. I think surprise is one of the few ( or even the only ? ) ships, that has a more realistic water line texture, that gives the impression the ship has been at sea for a while.

• Like 3

On 1/23/2019 at 3:22 AM, Busterbloodvessel said:

The ability to change the text size and colour of friend and enemy captains in a battle instance. An additional option of a day and night name colours toggle.

The colours look different on different screens. White names against white clouds is also a bit of a problem in a 50 ship PB!

Buster (pink on pink fire)

Good call.

On 2/1/2019 at 12:23 PM, Vizzini said:

Paint dlc , getting so many people wanting particular paints in global channel lately, would seem like the ideal dlc to me

Only if the color pallet is limited to historical colors. No fluorescents and odd pastels, please. 

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Have in-game Cutter renamed 'HMS Alert' or 'L'Alerte' and the Basic Cutter renamed plain 'Cutter', 'HMS Alert' or 'L'Alerte'.

In-game Cutter was modeled from RL HMS Alert (1777) captured by the French in 1778 and renamed L'Alerte.

In-game ship names such as 'Cutter' and 'Basic Cutter' are not nice. Could be changed.

An other possible great name for a Cutter is Le Renard, one of French privateer Surcouf's ships. 

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 3

A designated flag ship ,where you can capture the flags and sell them and long boats to offload to loot ships that are sunk to divii up treasure of sunk rats

and AI response that when too much trade is interrupted a AI epic battle fleet rolls out of capital harbors with some named ships that can only be gotten in that exchange

Edited by MacaroniMax
  • Like 2

Things I'd like to see:  Besides the ever elusive dream of a real working crafting based player economy...  I'd like a few more small ships, and a more prominent role for small ships.  Keep 1-4 Rates limited for fleet battles and "national" stuff.  90%+ of "daily drivers" being light frigates. corvettes, or smaller.  Unfortunately we've been moving in the opposite direction.  As long as the economy is easily exploitable we probably can't create limits via maintenance costs for ships.  Limited port slots for larger ships, based on rank?  I dunno.  Just daydreaming...

• Like 2

Clan timers to be uniform, no more having a clan having different timers for different ports.

Spread the good woods around the map evenly with  some in large ports for epic fleet battles and some in smaller ones. Think cartagena in different locations. If one large clan owned 2 cartagenas they might get multiflipped.

higher costs for ports to try and leave some empty or unwanted ports available for smaller clans , nations and solo players to use. They don't have to own them , they can still use them as a secret base

zero sum pvp rewards. You go out on the seas with a combat mark ( that you have to purchase from the admiralty or port or wherever) and if you sink another player ( or get share in the kill ) this is the reward you receive. Nobody would then bother farming their "friends / alts" as they can only gain what they have paid out in the first place.

better spread of free ports . This will help people shift their items in readiness to use their dlc for forged papers. Currently there are nations where the free ports are a dangerous distance away. The time involved shifting their goods and the fact they also pay for this service

perhaps a 1 time dlc for forged papers at a cheaper rate. Right now some of the dlc's are at times more expensive than the base game ( when on sale of course)

just my thoughts,  I'm  still enjoying the game and will be happy to get going at release and believe many will return when they know there will be no more wipes

• Like 2

in your navy tab in the port ui we have the ports attached to it ,so we can have a peak show of the ships in that other particular port,

it now only has the port warehouse in the port ui and that gives you a view of the goods in that port 

is it perhaps possible to attach the other ports on the left on that tab so we can have a peak in the other warehouses  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vizzini said:

Clan timers to be uniform, no more having a clan having different timers for different ports.

Spread the good woods around the map evenly with  some in large ports for epic fleet battles and some in smaller ones. Think cartagena in different locations. If one large clan owned 2 cartagenas they might get multiflipped.

higher costs for ports to try and leave some empty or unwanted ports available for smaller clans , nations and solo players to use. They don't have to own them , they can still use them as a secret base

zero sum pvp rewards. You go out on the seas with a combat mark ( that you have to purchase from the admiralty or port or wherever) and if you sink another player ( or get share in the kill ) this is the reward you receive. Nobody would then bother farming their "friends / alts" as they can only gain what they have paid out in the first place.

better spread of free ports . This will help people shift their items in readiness to use their dlc for forged papers. Currently there are nations where the free ports are a dangerous distance away. The time involved shifting their goods and the fact they also pay for this service

perhaps a 1 time dlc for forged papers at a cheaper rate. Right now some of the dlc's are at times more expensive than the base game ( when on sale of course)

just my thoughts,  I'm  still enjoying the game and will be happy to get going at release and believe many will return when they know there will be no more wipes

overall I agree with the suggestions here.

I'd personally want RvR benefits in lowering port costs. I've said it in the past but to encourage nations/clans to take a whole county in order to get better benefits. a useless port may not be useless if strategically it gives you more benefits.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

overall I agree with the suggestions here.

I'd personally want RvR benefits in lowering port costs. I've said it in the past but to encourage nations/clans to take a whole county in order to get better benefits. a useless port may not be useless if strategically it gives you more benefits.

yep I don't think it's any good to own ports that are useless , if they were a drain on resources , cash or whatever, then it may leave them open to use by others. Many smaller clans owning ports could create more drama / pvp  / rvr

At present, the richer ports offset the cost of the ports that bring nothing in.  If this wasn't the case , then perhaps  smaller clans could utilize them , fight over them , use them as trading hubs. Right now, clans don't fight over ports. The nation turns up. It's rare to see a PB with one clan filling their own side

anything that could drive some rvr would be good of course

• Like 1

Manifest

Ships would keep a manifest of all items and persons moved between ports. I don't understand why we are unable to see a list of all inventories across ports, and instead have to visit each port just to see warehouse inventories. 

Yes, I can keep an inventory myself in a notebook or in excel, but I don't think that is really the point here. There is no reason we shouldn't be able to know what we have and where.

Additionally, it would be nice to be able to look at this manifest while sailing in the overworld. On a long haul, there isn't much to do. It would be nice and entertaining to be able to peruse lists of goods held at my various ports.

I'm not suggesting that we be able to interact with any of our held items without being in that port.

• Like 3

Don't know if it's just my laptop that does this but I'm sick of repeatedly double tapping 'A' or 'D' for full rudder and it not locking on. Could we not just have the option of being able to use 'Ctrl+A' to lock the rudder over fully? Also said before about using the arrow keys to quickly change view from port to starboard or bow to stern etc, annoying in battle scrolling round then right clicking and ending up looking in the wrong direction. 

• Like 1

I would like to see gun ports working... as in... the gun ports are closed in open world, but in instance the ports roll open... from stem to stern or vice versa.

Also would like rougher seas... at least once in a while. I would also like to see wind speed changes in instance... and the possibility of becoming becalmed at sea.

Also provision consumption while at sea... this will create a new consumable in game... if you run out, your crew starves to death slowly, just make the consumption realistic to in game speeds... how many meals a day could be adjusted... the crews moral could be affected by going hungry, or will to fight could be impacted. Also makes a better use in game for Provisions. Besides... if you were to sail for several in game days, you would need provisions for each day sailing in the open world. Provision consumption could stop while in instance.

Edited by LIONOFWALES
  • Like 2

County Port Battles ,since they are set at different times a main PB would make all of the county PB for Hostilities ,but same as a PB setup taking towers etc that Gain Hostility to some % .so even after the initial PB is over thee could be 4-5 Ports that are preset at %hostility making them to have be defended ,I am not well versed in this stuff But to Not get anything in PB defence with the cost to make premium ships seems the only way to get Victory marks as a solo player . Since the action revolves around port battles it just extends that timeframe and makes a more static strategic decision to be made .

As fights are now a lot more difficult with new damage system, give players an option to practice fights against AI (no rewards) with free choose which ship to sail in (no upgrades or ship XP but free choice of wood types) and free choose of their AI opponent.

So everyone can test out the cons & pros of different ship types without risk of ship loss. I find this Idea posted long ago still very promising, especially for new players, and in times of rare woods also very important. The best option would to be able to run this in an extra window so you can practice shooting when on a long trade run but this might be technically difficult I don't know ...

Speaking in general this feature would be very nice, it remains vaguely on the old duel modes ...