Game-Labs Forum

Little things you'd like to see

On 6/4/2018 at 3:41 AM, Captains said:

3 ) Introduce nation flag on ships in Open World .

5 ) Possibility to toggle down signal flags in Battles .

On 8/15/2018 at 2:09 PM, jpjchris said:

Flowing flags and pennants in the open world. Immersion!

On 8/15/2018 at 2:37 PM, BuckleUpBones said:

"Signal Flags" in Open World, captains could signal intentions.

international-maritime-signal-flags_bwc21423554.jpg.228b47b2863e5e9e7dfbceae45889d9e.jpg

107316688_SignalFlags1.jpg.df739357b7363b32aabbf329a057c5bd.jpg

On 8/18/2018 at 5:47 AM, Busterbloodvessel said:

When afk sailing I tend to potter around doing other stuff, it would be good if I could get my crew to furiously ring the bell if I am targeted in open world so that, with volume turned up, I can hear the call to General Quarters in another room. An ON/OFF option would be nice, but for me not essential.

Any chance?

Buster (AFK DSM)

On 8/1/2017 at 2:20 AM, mikawa said:

I would like if other ships could not be identified until they get close enough to "see the colours"; this means you can click on a far away ship but will not see if it's a player or AI unless it gets a bit closer. This provides more exitement than the system as it is. You will have to watch the ships more closely ....

On 11/5/2016 at 11:44 PM, JT Scott said:

I'd like to see a red tell-tale ribbon in OW Sailing, so that you could easily see the wind at a glance without having to look at the compass.  

On 4/23/2016 at 9:03 AM, kingslynn93 said:

These ideas are excellent!

• Have your nations flag visible during OW. 

@admin

With the upcoming introduction of new flags being added to the game I really think that Open World/Water flags should be a thing, I have read and been told that it's a performance issue. Well why not just make it a check box in the graphics settings? I know that a majority of us should be able to run it without much of a issue. The flags add a really nice nautical feel to the game. I would love to have the pennants too but starting with the flags would be a nice step forward.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

The Naval Action rendering of Le Ocean's paintwork is a little different to Museum Models as demonstrated by this magnificent example in the French Musee de Marine.

At what period of it's History did Le Ocean have a completely black bow section?

Can it be possible to alter the NA ship model in future Updates?

Kind regards to Captains of all Factions.

1920px-MuseeMarine-Ocean-p1000425.jpg

• Like 3

1) Gameplay environment made to look more like the Caribbean. (Some turquoise-blue seas, cloudless skies, whitewashed buildings, exotic birds etc.)
2) Santisima repainted a convincing colour (i.e. not that garish vermillion) - and please paint the cabin section.
3) Some of the ships painted to look less drab (e.g. Indefatigable - and Victory, whose stripes could be yellower. Some gilt at the stern would help, too.
4) Realistic, active deck crew, (unlike the miming office-boys seen at present). (See Tempest: Pirate Action and Empire: Total War for inspiration)
5) Improvement of the sea wake created by ships. (See The Pirate: Caribbean Hunt for inspiration, even though other aspects of its graphics aren't as good.)
6) The introduction of a player-configurable paint applet.
7) A choice of flags to fly in the Open World.
'8) Removal of the inappropriate 'raindrops on glass' effect.
9) The addition of lightning, during thunderstorms.
10) Bow and stern chasers added to the Bucentaure.

Edited by Aldeveron

35 minutes ago, Aldeveron said:

The addition of lightning, during thunderstorms.

I would also like to see this and wonder if it is possible since admin said big storm waves are not... some lightning effects and brutal thunderstorm sounds are the next best thing to big waves in storms / bad weather.

Check out the Portsmouth Historic Dockyard and Victory. The latest Paintwork on the Vic is no longer Yellow Stripes. Now we have Pretty in Pink ! ! ! ?

According to the latest 'research', this is the Colour Scheme that Nelson would have been familiar with.   The Scientists who did this research insist that the new colour is not pink. Have a look and you can contribute to the Debate and answer a simple question. "Do you think the Victory is Pink ?'

Kind Regards to Capt's of all Factions.

HMS_Victory_Pink_1_3461722b.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scottydog said:

Check out the Portsmouth Historic Dockyard and Victory. The latest Paintwork on the Vic is no longer Yellow Stripes. Now we have Pretty in Pink ! ! ! ?

According to the latest 'research', this is the Colour Scheme that Nelson would have been familiar with.   The Scientists who did this research insist that the new colour is not pink. Have a look and you can contribute to the Debate and answer a simple question. "Do you think the Victory is Pink ?'

Kind Regards to Capt's of all Factions.

HMS_Victory_Pink_1_3461722b.jpg

1 hour ago, scottydog said:

PS. Now we know why the Victory was so effective in Battle. The noble French and Spanish Captains lost control of the battle because they were 'Falling About Laughing' at this Vision of Loveliness bearing down on their Fleet ! 

Age of Sail, a period when (war)ships were also works of art of their time. 🙂

le-navire-l-hermione.jpg

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, William Livingston Alden said:

the diplomatic system must be reactivated.

Diplomacy is alive as long as two players can communicate with each other.  If you mean that select groups of players will make decisions for entire nations...then absolutely not.

• Like 2

When in or over shallow waters (not coastline), it would be tactical good for shallow watered ships to know so, if a message could popup and say “Reef Below” showing that state, would be helpful.

Better still, if a “Bell” dong, sounds off every 15 seconds, and a dong when first entering in/over shallow waters or crossing its border. 

Edited by Guest

A lookout tower accessible from ports.  When in port, how about a button that takes us to the open world but instead of on a ship, to one of the forts at that port?  Just so we can have a look outside without revealing ourselves to the enemy (edit: unless they're also in the fort).

Edited by Greysteak
clarity
  • Like 2

tiene que haber algo que es muy clave y no lo tiene que es zonas de mucha niebla que casi no se vean barcos a 200 m, cambios mas drásticos de clima ,lluvia ,que se cierren troneras  manualmente , que se pueda utilizar el ancla , cambio de color de velas , encendido y apagado de luces del barco  manual .todo esto va a dar mucha mas sensación de que estamos controlando todo el barco en todos los aspectos y que se pueda hacer giro de timon con algun volante

Tiene que tener algo que sea muy bueno y no que tenga que estar en áreas con mucha niebla que casi no ven botes a 200 m, cambios más drásticos en el clima, lluvia, que cierran las lagunas manualmente, que se puede usar el ancla , cambiar el color de las velas, encender y apagar las luces del barco manual. Todo esto le dará más sensación de estar controlando todo el barco en todos los aspectos y que puede girar el timón con un poco de volante
más movimiento o inclinación del barco con respecto a las olas y más espuma en los bordes, pero parece que el barco está en el aire

Edited by ferchula1

An individual number for each player in a battle (1 - 50), showing on map, scoreboard (tab) aswell as in the battle itself above the ship next to the name

Makes it a lot easier in comms talk.. Especially when the target is from a different country with a hard-to-pronounce-name..

"Focus that Niagara NE of me, LeChatDeBlablabla"

*WHERE??*
*WHO??*

Instead just call the number, ez

• Like 4

A Navigator on the Map to give navigation a more realistic feel, and help with open sea patrolling and getting patrol groups, convoys etc together.

Navigation buttons on the map for...

Position: a mark showing my position on the map with Caribbean time (max 5 on map; 1 minute timer between each to stop spamming)

Clear: clears all Position markers

and...

Protractor: shows distance in km next to the heading. The course line from the protractor could have 10km marks on it or similar.

Sextants, compasses and ship's logs were standard kit so it isn't ahistorical. I was rather put off when I started playing to find a sailing game with apparently no concept of distance.

I think this would improve look and feel and get me away from the coasts more often. Don't see it would be too difficult as no new data or complex calculation is needed - there are already NA maps on the interwebs that do all this from F11, and the Trader Tool already calculates distances at sea to the ports. I have already posted this under Suggestions, but a few other people were discussing it in-game so why not try again...

Edited by Chertiozhnik

I'd like to see NPC sailing their own nation's ships and be named in the proper nation. It's weird seeing Russian NPC sailing an Essex with the name Juan Diego.
I'd also like to see NPC traders not sailing a patrol pattern. Leave the patrol patterns to the warships.
Would also like to be able to scale menu pop-up windows. Most games have a game option to scale windows.
Would love a warning bell sound when enemy players are spotted.

Can't wait for customized clan flags/ensigns/banners, and naming our own ships.
Love that NPC now fire chain randomly.

Keep up the great work!

Edited by van der Decken
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Be able to name your own ship.

Be able to hoist flags in OW and use the decorators to signal your intentions to the other players around.

Be able to paint your own ship according to whatever you'd like, also sails.

Custom flags (for pirates specially, but other nations could use some more variations of flags, privateer flags)

Ability to open/close the cannon hatches whenever you like.

A spyglass that doesn't aim 800x distant, but a 2x/4x ones (would be great with a OW flag system, since you would've been able to identify ship nations from their flags)

Sinking ship animations overhaul, once a ship gets to 2~3% HP on his middle bar, it would explode into pieces and sink accordinly (watch Pirates of the Caribbean: At the World's End - The Endeavour's death, that scene shows exactly what I'm trying to say here) Watch from 1:55 and forward.

Real waves that actually makes your ship float realisticly, bouncing waters on the front as you move towards the enemy.

More Caribbean aesthetic water/world and overall landscapes in OW and Instances, the water is just too dark blue-ish to be the West Indies.

Be able to be a privateer with titles in-game and such, be able to recognize a privateer and the difference between them and Naval Officers (like a letter of marquee/Navy recruit system, I guess).

And last but not least, be able to strip down a frigate or any other ship and turn it into a merchant ship with few cannons but bigger holds capacity (and the other way around)... That Le Gros Ventre ship model is just too beautiful to be a merchant ship and not a frigate or something, it would be nice to be able to mount some guns on that ship or other merchant ships aswell. Turn a Indiaman or an LGV into a heavy frigate with 46 to 48-guns.

PS: GALLEONS!!!!

Some of my ideas that I've posted on another thread.

Edited by Portuguese Privateer

7 hours ago, Portuguese Privateer said:

And last but not least, be able to strip down a frigate or any other ship and turn it into a merchant ship with few cannons but bigger holds capacity (and the other way around)... That Le Gros Ventre ship model is just too beautiful to be a merchant ship and not a frigate or something, it would be nice to be able to mount some guns on that ship or other merchant ships aswell. Turn a Indiaman or an LGV into a heavy frigate with 46 to 48-guns.

I'd definitely love the ability to turn your traders into warships without showing in OW but not the other way around - no HMS Victory refitted as trading ship, please.

4 hours ago, Sea Archer said:

I would like to see the national flags get damaged when hit during battles, that would make it more lively. No need to show it as flag hit, just some holes showing the traces of the fight.

Flags need retexture ASAP. Some of the flags doesn't even look like a flag, just a plain colored/painted square/retangle with some symbols on it, doesn't have that "flag" texture.

Diplomacy needs to be redone/re added. Whats the point of all these nations when it's just one big free for all anyways? Might as well just remove every nation and just leave the British and French.

You can either have a voting system where every player votes, r have a system that elects players for a short period of time to at as president (say an election each week).

Edited by Legioneod