Game-Labs Forum

Little things you'd like to see

I would like to see that if you are being tagged by one player and it is timing down you cannot be tagged by a second player from the same country.  What good is evading a tag if another player can start a countdown you don't see until you are pulled into combat.  ONE TAG AT A TIME PLEASE !!!!

DOUBLE TAGGING IS ESSENTIALLY A CHEAT IMHO,  that lets you disallow the cool down timers.

Edited by angriff

I'd like to see the capitals be capturable. Once a nation has lost all it's 'normal ports' the currently uncapturable ports should become capturable, and then after those are gone the capital should be capturable. Weren't prussia and russia added to test how a nation functions with out a capital? And it seems to work fine, so I see no reason why I shouldn't be able to capture Charleston.

• Like 1

A few changes that would improve the game for me immediately:

1) A way to remove Books from the relevant slots on ships rather than just overwrite them (this would retain them in your "library") and to delete Books from your library, even at the cost of losing the benefits provided (as you've already "Used" the Book).  I guess this is like "forgetting" knowledge.  My library has a number of Books in it that I "Used" early in the game when I didn't know what I was doing that I'd now like to remove to tidy up my library and simplify Book selection based on those that actually benefit my style of play.

2) More skins available in the Painter DLC, including 7th and 6th rates. The current selection is quite limited (good if you use the specific ship) and presumably relatively easy to produce artwork assets.  It would make the DLC more effective and worthwhile in my opinion (I've purchased it).

3) A gradual way of identifying ships based on visual distance (e.g. taking account of distance, weather conditions, intervening terrain features and use of spyglass).  This would reflect the historical reality that a ship would spot sails with the hull still below the horizon and need to monitor it to ultimately identify it as it came into range.  A scale based on visual range parameters could be used like: Unidentified sail > Brig-rigged ship > Mercury > Russian Mercury.  This would make players a lot more wary of unidentified targets until they knew what it was and its likely intention.  Also, to be consistent this methodology should apply to AI and human players, rather than full identification of AI targets and no more than "Enemy Player" (and you have to identify the ship type yourself) that we currently have in-game.

Cheers

Edited by Commodore Sixty Four
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Commodore Sixty Four said:

A few changes that would improve the game for me immediately:

1) A way to remove Books from the relevant slots on ships rather than just overwrite them (this would retain them in your "library") and to delete Books from your library, even at the cost of losing the benefits provided (as you've already "Used" the Book).  I guess this is like "forgetting" knowledge.  My library has a number of Books in it that I "Used" early in the game when I didn't know what I was doing that I'd now like to remove to tidy up my library and simplify Book selection based on those that actually benefit my style of play.

2) More skins available in the Painter DLC, including 7th and 6th rates. The current selection is quite limited (good if you use the specific ship) and presumably relatively easy to produce artwork assets.  It would make the DLC more effective and worthwhile in my opinion (I've purchased it).

3) A gradual way of identifying ships based on visual distance (e.g. taking account of distance, weather conditions, intervening terrain features and use of spyglass).  This would reflect the historical reality that a ship would spot sails with the hull still below the horizon and need to monitor it to ultimately identify it as it came into range.  A scale based on visual range parameters could be used like: Unidentified sail > Brig-rigged ship > Mercury > Russian Mercury.  This would make players a lot more wary of unidentified targets until they knew what it was and its likely intention.  Also, to be consistent this methodology should apply to AI and human players, rather than full identification of AI targets and no more than "Enemy Player" (and you have to identify the ship type yourself) that we currently have in-game.

Cheers

They told us what after 30 days of dlc in the game we will get +30 (estimated , i don't remember the real number) paints on all the ships .

On 4/24/2019 at 11:22 AM, --Privateer-- said:

I'd like to see the capitals be capturable. Once a nation has lost all it's 'normal ports' the currently uncapturable ports should become capturable, and then after those are gone the capital should be capturable. Weren't prussia and russia added to test how a nation functions with out a capital? And it seems to work fine, so I see no reason why I shouldn't be able to capture Charleston.

... and who do you want to farm after you did?

Edited by Sir Loorkon
  • Like 1

The 3D model of the Pandora displays the swivel guns even if they're not fitted.  I like how Naval Action shows 3D models of longs, mediums or carronandes on the gun deck(s) depending on your selection. It's pedantic but it would be nice if the swivels on the Pandora were shown or not shown depending on fitment.

I would like to see the following:

1. The compass in the map selectable to default on or off. Presently its defaulted off and can't think of any time I want it off.

2. Books applied to ships remaining with the ships when they are in the fleet. If you must they could be disabled when fleeted but presently I have to reapply them every time I take a ship out of the fleet.

3. Interiors modelled on ships, this would be very atmospheric. This is done on the Connie to a limited extent but some ships are very poor on interior detail. In particular, the 1st rates which don't even have fully modelled cannons.  This could be selected on or off for those with poor performance.

4. The ability to move around the deck, I know the home key allows you to simulate this to some extent but makes no allowance for pitch and roll. Commanding from the deck would make a nice challenge. This could be selected on or off for those with poor performance.

5. Better storms with the possibility of ship damage.

6. More crew and marines in battle and out. This once again could be turned on or off it a player experienced a performance impact.

7. The ability to select different ships of the same type, for instance, I would love the L'Orient name with the appropriate stern and bow figure. I would be happy to get this a DLC that I could apply any time I made an Ocean-class ship. Since the ship model, handling exists already this wouldn't require a huge amount of work I would think to implement.

8. Better zoom on the map with clearer indication around islands of where the port facilities are.

9. Open world crew even if they were stationary would be nice.

10. Better modelled towns which are at a better scale. There is some variation now but not much.

11. Points of interest around the islands which would be recognisable.

12, Crafting levels above where they sit now which would give some better chance of gaining purple of gold ships.

• Like 4

The ability to be able to swap from Main ship to Fleet ship in OW. You would be required to come to a Stop and then initiate the transfer. This would then take a small amount of time.

I don't know about anyone else but I am fed up with having to re select my ship knowledge books if i swap which ship is Main with one of my Fleet ships when in port. It would be nice if the ship kept the ship knowledge books in place while in fleet.

• Like 3

Would like the ability to see what cannons i have on board when in OW and battle and the ability to throw them overboard to increase speed when being pursued.

The ability to be able to throw cargo over board when in battle to lighten ship and increase speed when pursued.

• Like 3

Add Portugal to the nations. They can have a starting Capital at Santo Tome de Guayana down in the SE corner of the map which is closest  to northern Brazil.

If the enforced coalitions go ahead, Portugal should be allied with GB along historical lines of the Napoleonic Wars as Admin has stated for other nations.

Edited by PaladinFX
  • Like 3

At the moment I miss a working Kopas in the PORT UI  to see how the wind blows.

especially when you are looking and choosing for a mission in some direction.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Thonys said:

At the moment I miss a working Kopas in the PORT UI  to see how the wind blows.

especially when you are looking and choosing for a mission in some direction.

Indeed. I would like just flags on the port docks showing OW wind direction.

• Like 1

we make guns and put them on the ships.

and we have powder  upgrades

why don't we make balls for in the hold for the guns

and why don't we make powder for in the powder room

just adding another dimension to the game ...

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1