Game-Labs Forum
BrutishVulgarian

Little things you'd like to see

Being able to salvage cannons from ships/change cannons at sea from hold. Moving cannons around at sea seems like something that could be done. Instances this would help:

- PvP zone stealing someone's carros and ditching meds

- AI farming, see a Enemy Player, and having the ability to change from full carro-loadout to longs to engage a player effectively.

Ability to stop reloading specific decks (like we already can do with broadsides using F5) to enable better crew management. Also, an option to powder-load cannons only, keeping them at half-full reload cycle until a type of projectile is chosen. I know you can sort of do this now with proper timing,  but having the ability to just have cannon crews reload to the half-way mark and then choose the type of round would be nice.

On 8/9/2019 at 9:27 PM, Teutonic said:

lets not blind ourselves - Wasa needs an adjustment. I'm not saying a drastic change.

slight change in BR. probably 450.

Increase doubloon cost to 3,000.

Reduce doubloon cost of 4th rates by 50%.

the Wasa destroys any reason to sail a 4th rate.

I'd say you are absolutely correct but am going to suggest an alternative. Just make the USS United States and USS Constitution 4th rates again. Also, if it has to be a 3rd rate the Connie needs a buff. Being tankier than USSUS isn't enough and the Wasa is still superior in nearly every way, when Wasa doesn't require a permit. I suggest increasing the gun-sizes on one of the decks (68lb carros over 42s should do the trick)

Can we ad a choose-wood Option to the elite-ship-notes ? With random wood they are just trash ... nobody wants these trash wood ships since crafters sell good ships ...

Yeah, i hoped people would justuse it for PZ ... but they dont ....

• Like 1

some 9 pounder frigates moved to rank 6 ( La Renomee, Cerberus )

some 24 pounders frigate moved to rank 4 ( Leopard, United States, Constitution )

• Like 7

Remove permits for all ships below and including 4th rates. 

Add systematic permits, but not linked to any form of rng system,  for all ships above and including 3rd rates. 

4 minutes ago, Aquillas said:

Remove permits for all ships below and including 4th rates. 

Add systematic permits, but not linked to any form of rng system,  for all ships above and including 3rd rates. 

What are your reasons? Actually i like the permit system ... its a good way to reduce some ship types and give more diversity ... prelaunch it feels everyone was sailing endy or bellona ...

Who would sail a 3rd rate instead of a bellona If Not for permit?

Edited by Gilles de Rais

1 minute ago, Gilles de Rais said:

What are your reasons? Actually i like the permit system ... its a good way to reduce some ship types and give more diversity ... prelaunch it feels everyone was sailing endy or bellona ...

Who would sail a 3rd rate instead of a bellona If Not for permit?

My reason is simple. Only Wasas, Trincomalees and DLC ships can be seen in OW. Along with Surprises in shallow water area.

Remove permits to allow diversity. Maybe rebalance of some ships will be necessary too.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Gilles de Rais said:

Can we ad a choose-wood Option to the elite-ship-notes ? With random wood they are just trash ... nobody wants these trash wood ships since crafters sell good ships ...

Trash wood! In my eyes there is no such thing. Still doing only fir and oak I have a lot of fun and get my occasional kills. Of course there´s only a little if no chance against a super pimped enemy of equal size. But well... my ships are cheap and easily replaced. Fun!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Aquillas said:

My reason is simple. Only Wasas, Trincomalees and DLC ships can be seen in OW. Along with Surprises in shallow water area.

Remove permits to allow diversity. Maybe rebalance of some ships will be necessary too.

Agas, wapens, ingers, Essex, Cerberus are seldom too ... without permit craftable. Permit is balancing too ... balancing by price ... Same thing i decide If to put copper in my ship or Gazelle ... Question of money

Edited by Gilles de Rais

3 minutes ago, Genevieve Malfleurs said:

Trash wood! In my eyes there is no such thing. Still doing only fir and oak I have a lot of fun and get my occasional kills. Of course there´s only a little if no chance against a super pimped enemy of equal size. But well... my ships are cheap and easily replaced. Fun!

Yeah but you use Fir/Oak ships? Or you build fir/fir and oak/oak ?

I speak about combos like LO(tank)/fir(speed) ... they just dont fit together ...

18 hours ago, Gilles de Rais said:

Strong port boni can annihilate the disadvantages of a weird wood combination. In the sum you may get a ship that is still better than crafter's choice ships, despite strange wood setup. I would in fact also prefer to chose woods for elite notes. Just that argument you used does not work.

• Like 1

Considering battle confusion is not an argument anymore since the introduction of DLC flags, I’d really like to hoist my own flag even when joining the side of a different nation. 

If alliances are in the work, the confusion would be even less ;)

Edited by Serk
  • Like 1

Ability to see a player info which is in ignore list (right now right click - info does nothing)

As far as i remember - long time ago there was rank next to each clan member in the clan list - and now its gone (only curse/biggest? is shown). Is thats how it should be?

New UI for chat and clan details (it wasn't changed with all rest of UI and i'd like to see the same style there too. At least style, probably rewriting it fine too, but... Someone has any ideas on that?) 

Edited by Red Tail

diplomatic - alliance system (per nation and or per clan nationwide)

flags in OW

correct flags on the ships (ensign, banners, streamers, royal standard etc.)

CLAN Flags (simplified) (create a menu where the clan leader can choose from some items to create a FLAG)

the ships look to empty (cleaned up) - put some stuff on it

trading system including stock exchange and banks

the sailing behave - that is all but not realistic when ships sails backward faster then forward or can turn as there is no physical law.

• Like 2

carebears outside of the port

I'd like to see more contract slots opened in connection with being a port owner or lord protector for your clan for that port.

With your personal limited 10 contracts you very soon hit the ceiling, while the port ownership makes it necessary to have contracts serving this.

When you lose the port or the protector mandate, you would of course lose also additional slots for contracts again. This would be connected with your function, not your person.

--

Particularly when we see anything like what I suggested lately, about trade in that port causing growth or decline of said port.

--

EDIT: these contract slots have to be locked to that port, meaning, they can be set up only in this local shop, to avoid exploits. Make them 5x for smaller ports and 10x for the largest.

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac