Game-Labs Forum

POLL - How do you feel about an AI aggression?

How do you feel about AI aggression?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the idea of AI being aggressive and tag you in the OW?

• Yes, I do like that idea (whatever the consequences or complications let's make it work or I'm willing to test this feature)
    • No, I don't like this idea (I think it's a mistake, bad idea in general and I'm not happy about it)

I think this is a big move into unknown when we should be past "laboratory testings" since the game is released. 

I feel that most of the community is against that feature, but I might be wrong, hence why I think the poll is needed. At the end of the day we are the players of this game.

So it goes, lets see how customers of the game feel about this feature

Edited by koltes
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, HamBlower said:

Not sure! 

Aggressive AI could lead to a lot of fun and could cause a lot of troubles.

By now I have not enough facts or informations about the devs plan.

Therefore no vote!

AI and FUN? 

Nice to hear someones opinion from PVE Server

• Like 2

The point is,

Some players has got hundreds of hours to spend per month in NA,

these players are "competitive" players, their dedication allow them to collect a lot of stuff (cofer, modules, etc...)

While "casual" players, affording much lower dedication, have a very long way before getting "interesting" rewards and have good combat training.

These agressive AI's feature might enable casual players to humbly keep up with "competitive" players acumulation.

15 minutes ago, Liq said:

Around the capital of a nation sure

Anywhere else no

Why not ?

It's a good idea, so casual players may be able in 1 hour or two, to have good & fruitful time and climb ranks easier.

As long as "aggresive AI's" zones are well indicated in the map with visible circles.

• Like 3

Comon PVE is Booring as F?ck would just Lead to A faster ships or B chaining AI down and run. They dont repair sails... Just a Bad idear in total. Maybee for the PVE server? But PVP server should be Playerbased. My point of Few.

At least think about following: BR protection isnt working on AI as far as i know (Just theorie) imagin what happpend if a Portbattle fleet gets screened out by some smaller BR and there Screeners jump into it and Grief caurse its preventing them from losing a Port.... 

NO Way!

Edited by Knuddel
Bad Example

Agressive AI sounds fine in theory but in practice ...

as I am coming into port I have to delay arrival to avoid getting pulled into battle.

As I am leaving port the AI is very near and I have to re-enter port to stop getting pulled into a battle for several minutes.

As I group up with several friends to start a mission several of us get sucked into a fight before we can start travelling.

Over and over we will be delayed by harassing NPCs.  It will be annoying and tedious mostly and occasionally very frustrating.  Dozens of irritating delays in each play session.

But maybe it will be different now and not be a big hassle like it was before

• Like 5

It would just be an annoyance.  I fight AI sometimes, but it's when I choose to.  If im being tagged by AI i'll just lose them in the instance.  This turns it into an enormous time-sink in a game that takes a lot of time already.  So maybe I want to do a final cargo run or PVP sweep before shutting down......with aggressive AI to deal with, I'll decide I don't have time for anything constructive and shut down early.  Net result is less players online, because we are not on the PVP server to focus on PVE.

Edited by Angus MacDuff
  • Like 4

PvE is about choosing the fight I want. Aggressive ai kills that basic principle. Idk f it's needed to protect new players on PvP server, and there is no other way: install it on PvP , but it has no place whatsoever on PvE server.

And while we are at it: reroll the nap to neutral state, French forts fireing at me when I attack Brit ai ? And afterwards they are glad to take my money for repairs or merchandise ?

Sorry, but thats also a ridiculous and non historic fight, not having any legit place on PvE server.

• Like 1

For me AI agression ( a light system were AI will attack you only if you are sailing around enemy ports ) it was one of 3 main proposals i made months ago to make PVE server great.  The other 2 were port battle against bots and humans or only against bots( this could be solved with the introduction by raids ) and the last one was solo patrol zones were PvP is allowed.

So yes for me this is great news . Now we still don't know how it is going to work and any comments now willl be base in pure speculation.

Edited by no one

AI aggression is a great feature (with or without an option to disable it, on one or both servers).

May attract lots of ppl

Enemy (whatever human or AI) attacking you is the rule is a war game.

A recurring project...

Will it survive the few vocal ones this time ? Suspense...

😉

• Like 1

I like the idea, but I fear how these guys would implement it.

Their tendency to go for the lazy choice makes me think that it'll be random all over the map at any time, which is a big phat NOPE from me. If it was focused in certain areas, or at certain times, this would force you to plot your course more wisely, I feel like it would add something to the game.

• Like 1

I do remember the time we tested it the first time it they where just annoying and a waste of time. Typically a ship you didn't really want to fight to (big or small) tagged you when you where trying to get somewhere (and got good wind for a change) and where then easy to run from or sink. But normally they stole 5 min of your gaming for nothing.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

"Honey I'm logging off don't worry"

"Fml gimme a minute some random hello kittying AI just tagged me"

Yeah, sounds fab.

Some people apparently would find this situation “interesting” WTF!! 

• Like 1

If each player has the option to turn off the agressive AI  - it could work.   I can turn it off,   65% of the other players can turn it off, and the 35% (who want the AI to attack) can turn it on.

This would be a Win/Win.  Restrict the AI so it only attacks those people who enjoy getting attacked.  Also, if it was a toggle in settings then even the players who like agressive AI can switch if off on occasion when they don't want to be hassled, like when they are forming up a group to start a patrol.

• Like 4