Game-Labs Forum

Seasonal Update: Treacherous Waters - Preliminary information

admin

3 hours ago, Sneakyfinger said:

May I ask what nations navy this was?

I was wondering too.  Cause if it’s a nation that doesn’t have much of a US prime time player base we can help him find one with such.  US, Swede, Dutch, Russia, Pirates all have US prime time clans.  Though I’m bias and would say go Dutch;)

On 10/27/2019 at 1:46 PM, Earl of Grey said:

you bring wind-gusts into game, defend it strongly against critics ("they will never get out of the game"), then nerf it again down until they get almost useless ..

Your statement is incorrect. They were not nerfed at all. 

4 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I still think battle sails aren't used enough in battles.  People tend to keep full sails all the time balls to the wall speed.  Which isn't what it's meant to be used in battle unless your running.  I still like my suggestion that you only get partial repair when doing it full sails.  How can you repair sails while going full sails?  More than likely you would do more damage than good.  Full repair effect should be during battle sails or even stopped.  Other things like aim should be reduced while at full sails....and can we get the laser accurate stern guns to shoot like every thing else now?

i agree, i am still wondering, the USS Constitution had 100 sailors on her main mast, while sailing in battle sails what were probably the 50 other men doing? eating biscuits and drinking tea/coffee until their next command?

Along with reduced repair timer when in full sails i would also say that depending on the % of sails you're running the crew will be redeployed to other stations if not needed there, so its like if you get demasted you see the amount of sailors needed for rigging is reduced, why cant we have this aswell when we dont sails full sails.

Example:

(100%) Full Sails = |Sailing: 99/112 crew| |Gunnery: 168/242 crew|

(40%)  Battle Sails = |Sailing: 40/45 crew| |Gunnery: 227/242 crew|

• Like 2

i liek the update, i only play on pve but so far i'm pretty impressed.  I don't agree with most players dislike of the loki rune . it might needed some tweaking , so you can't abuse it but the thought behind it was awesome. i'm soory tha alot of us (pve players) went totally overboard with the criticism. sorry to see the feature being removed again on the pve server. the port battles awesome and the wind also .  you can do a lot more things and fatser and that means more fun for me .

good job devs keep it up 👍

• Like 3

16 hours ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

i agree, i am still wondering, the USS Constitution had 100 sailors on her main mast, while sailing in battle sails what were probably the 50 other men doing? eating biscuits and drinking tea/coffee until their next command?

Along with reduced repair timer when in full sails i would also say that depending on the % of sails you're running the crew will be redeployed to other stations if not needed there, so its like if you get demasted you see the amount of sailors needed for rigging is reduced, why cant we have this aswell when we dont sails full sails.

Example:

(100%) Full Sails = |Sailing: 99/112 crew| |Gunnery: 168/242 crew|

(40%)  Battle Sails = |Sailing: 40/45 crew| |Gunnery: 227/242 crew|

You only need sailors for the sails, when they have to be adjusted to the wind, or set and taken in.

So, as long as it is just adjusting sails, a minimum crew is required ( maybe 20%?). When you want to set sails or take them in, half of the crew from the guns should be called to do the job, but it is the captain's choice to work slowly on the guns or the sails... he will send the crew where he requires them most.

18 hours ago, admin said:

Your statement is incorrect. They were not nerfed at all. 

So im wrong with my Impression that wind gusts are more rare now than after First days after Patch? For me it seems so. Maybe its just the vincibility in map? They are almost useless now because you see the windgusts too late, so you have to change course too heavy to reach em, the higher Speed is compensated by the longer way ... Just my Impression ...

Edited by Earl of Grey
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sea Archer said:

You only need sailors for the sails, when they have to be adjusted to the wind, or set and taken in.

So, as long as it is just adjusting sails, a minimum crew is required ( maybe 20%?). When you want to set sails or take them in, half of the crew from the guns should be called to do the job, but it is the captain's choice to work slowly on the guns or the sails... he will send the crew where he requires them most.

i agree with you, if they were to implement it, maybe they should have a slider over the buttons like we have with transfering stuff in general ingame

• Like 1

Reading through this thread has helped me make some conclusions-

1. The casual gamer is not valued

2. The new player is not valued

3. The multi-dimensional MMO player (trading, crafting, etc.) is not valued

4. The hard-core leaderboard gods are highly valued

5. The Devs don't care about many, many player concerns (see #1-4)

After >2000 hours, tomorrow I'll put my goods & ships in non-capturable ports and not be back for months. If the game is not completely dead by then, I hope to find common-sense changes have been made to Naval Action & paying-customer concerns have been responded to by Devs. As is, it's become something not worth the time, or money, I invested. Too bad...

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Quiet Assassin said:

1. The casual gamer is not valued

2. The new player is not valued

3. The multi-dimensional MMO player (trading, crafting, etc.) is not valued

4. The hard-core leaderboard gods are highly valued

That is, why I chose Peace Server. There is no point in the leaderboard and it is much more MMO style. New and casual players are valued and helped by their clans and friends. It is simply missing the PvP ;)

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Thonys said:

hi all, 

today i had a some sort of upgrade/update ? (930kb pvp/pve?)

any news on that ? someone?

I'm not sure how many changes they made, but I did notice that Essex got buffed (finally).

Side armor 5101 -> 6500

Structure 4590 -> 5850

Sail hp 5101 -> 6500

Unfortunately, it seems that the bow and stern armor did not receive any hp buffs, but this is at least an improvement. I'm guessing that mast hp was buffed too, but that info is not displayed in in-game stats. Hopefully, the devs/mods can tell us if anything else was changed in this patch.

Edit: It seems that the base speed of the Constitution/United States was increased by ~0.5 knots.

Edited by Khovey
  • Like 2

On 10/22/2019 at 9:34 AM, admin said:

expect several hotfixes and additions in the next 2-3 weeks.

@admin according to the OP, the time is going over and several addition has been made but we are still waiting news or a schedule (days,weeks,months...)on

1: port BR change

2: leopard and new 3rd rates

3: aggressive npc

furthermore, i read in other posts that you talked about NA2 so i'm curious if you were jocking or talking seriously.

thx

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, huliotkd said:

@admin according to the OP, the time is going over and several addition has been made but we are still waiting news or a schedule (days,weeks,months...)on

1: port BR change

2: leopard and new 3rd rates

3: aggressive npc

furthermore, i read in other posts that you talked about NA2 so i'm curious if you were jocking or talking seriously.

thx

This is a plan we are following
https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/30706-development-plans-update-second-half-of-2019/

there are no significant changes to this plan with the exception of lowering BRs to bring diversity to battles. Its coming soon

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, admin said:

https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/30706-development-plans-update-second-half-of-2019/

there are no significant changes to this plan with the exception of lowering BRs to bring diversity to battles. Its coming soon

3 patches in one month and a half, interesting.

Delay or evolution of deployment timeline  is a major change I would say from experience.

23 hours ago, Khovey said:

I'm not sure how many changes they made, but I did notice that Essex got buffed (finally).

Side armor 5101 -> 6500

Structure 4590 -> 5850

Sail hp 5101 -> 6500

Unfortunately, it seems that the bow and stern armor did not receive any hp buffs, but this is at least an improvement. I'm guessing that mast hp was buffed too, but that info is not displayed in in-game stats. Hopefully, the devs/mods can tell us if anything else was changed in this patch.

Edit: It seems that the base speed of the Constitution/United States was increased by ~0.5 knots.

Also indef / inger / hamburger buffed ?

@admin can you give us notes of what has been changed ? Please also buff other inferior ships.

Edited by AeRoTR

35 minutes ago, admin said:

ok thx, and what about Naval Action 2? really, it's only curiousity tha could start some interesting future discussions for the community

1 hour ago, RKY said:

3 patches in one month and a half, interesting.

Delay or evolution of deployment timeline  is a major change I would say from experience.

we never promise dates and any timeline we give is just an indication of the steps. Your experience should have told you that from all the years on this forum.

Unfortunately for you we are not paid by being on time. We are paid for good content and if good content requires delays so be it. I am sure majority of our customers, fans, critics and community members will chose delayed good content over no content.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, captain smile said:

@admin We are fighting to keep new players playing Naval Action, for that we need content, we train them for Port Battles , but more you wait , more they get bored and change game.

So pls change that port battle BR !! 

New content coming soon! (new ships)

5 minutes ago, Conte D. Catellani said:

Since i'm a new player i have to be honest: i'm more bored to dont find in OW npc traders with a good cargo, or more npc warship to hunt, or to be ganked near my capital or other national ports...

Thats why veteran clans like Ancre, Bastard, Trap ...Like to create content for new players to show them how cool the game can be, and share to them the same experience that we had when we started the game .