Game-Labs Forum

Development plans update - Second Half of 2019

12 minutes ago, admin said:

• NPC Aggression (both in the world and in RVR)
  •  

This NEEDS to be done right, it can really screw a lot of people over, especially solo hunters.

Do you also have plans to update the storm mechanics. Yesterday there was a storm at almost every free port at the same time. It meant sitting in port for 45 minutes waiting for it to pass to be able to hunt. Not fun

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, admin said:

• Massive Painter DLC and looted Paint Chest update. 

Update to the current one, or another one?

Any chance for Port BR limits adjustment?

Edited by OjK
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, admin said:

Hello Captains

We would like to share the development plans for the second half of 2019

Content updates will be provided with less frequency as they will require more testing due to live status of the game.

content update 1: Treacherous waters - Traditional update with 2-3 patches

• Raids on ports
  • NPC Aggression (both in the world and in RVR)
  • Massive Painter DLC and looted Paint Chest update. 
  • Final localization update including additions of some approved community translation to game client

content update 2: Unfinished business (continuous updates)

• Combat model update and improvements (including proper battle sails mechanics)
  • More variety in upgrades, loot and books
  • ROE update for patrols

content update 3: Welcome to the Caribbean - Seasonal update

• New player experience missions and improvements
  • Low cost limited content edition (a-la wow lvl 20 trial)

content update 4: Chatham Chest - Seasonal update

• New progression system (including for crew)
  • Veteran ranks
  • Perk system revamp and improvements
  • Update to knowledge and book systems

Content update 1 will be delivered first.

We need clan docks 

Just now, admin said:

We would like to share the development plans for the second half of 2019

Content updates will be provided with less frequency as they will require more testing due to live status of the game.

So the current RVR system (except Raids) and broken economy will stay without any changes till the end of that year at least?

• Like 6

Nothing about port boni in crafting on PvE server.....

Also, before updating anything, pls switch on ai on PvE server again (we have an "empty seas" deja vue recently) and reroll to the old neutral map pls, so that bs of french coastal arty fireing at me when I attack a brit ai stops.

Edit: and yes, a) I know the difference between "rerouted" and "empty" and b) I have downloaded the map with ai routes.... :)

Edited by Jan van Santen

Very exciting to hear some news from @admin, thank you.

Please nerf port bonus. 

Give us clan docks and additional warehouse for clan. All these can be donations from clan members warehouse space and dockspace (5 dockspace donated makes 1 clan dock space etc.) , to favour solo players. It is very important quality of life feature. 

Please turn dlc ship with port bonus into ship permit. Because you can redeem everyday until you get a perfect port bonus dlc ship with no cost. But guys without dlc needs to build port bonuses with huge effort and craft ships with mats, seems dlc is P2W now. 

Npc agression only around capital region to protect region waters. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, admin said:

NPC Aggression (both in the world and in RVR)

Please restrict NPC aggression to capitals! Bring the zone back but instead of "call reinforcement" all NPCs in the zone attack enemy players and maybe even join battles on the capital nation side. Nowhere else one the map aggressive NPC on the war/pvp server, please...

Everything else is great. Especially this one sounds promising:

1 hour ago, admin said:

Low cost limited content edition (a-la wow lvl 20 trial)

Most of it sounds very good.

My concern: If AI is only aggressive in their own nation waters then I'm fine with aggressive AI. But for example if a french AI fleets outside La Tortue will attack me when I'm sailing into the port and when french have no ports in the area, I will find it annoying.. 

• Like 3

@admin What about the RVR 1st rate meta? It excludes a major part of the playerbase that doesent have a 1st rate to participate in a port battle yet

Edited by Guest

IMO, NPC Aggression should occur ONLY in Capital and Regional Capital zones for defense only. 

And please make Raids viable for solo and small clans. And make it so when the raid is successful that the loot we steal come directly from the enemy's resource buildings and warehouses and that the loot amount will be selectable. Say we hit a port with a Tree Farm and Iron Mine, give us a slider bar to adjust how much of the loot we wish to take based on our hold size of all ships in our fleet. (Do this for Sunken Treasure too, please.)

Also, the "Massive Painter DLC should be combined with the current Painter DLC. Anyone who bought that already expected a heck of a lot more paints than there currently is; so they deserve to automatically get this DLC included.

And please, let us see your planned ROE update for the Patrol Zone, before you throw it on us. :) Same with the Crew Experience you have planned.

GL devs, hope it goes well.

• Like 2