Game-Labs Forum

Questions to developers

On 11/1/2019 at 9:21 AM, LeBoiteux said:

Le Redoutable, 74 guns, built in France in 1794 (Téméraire class), sank in the storm following the battle of 1805, before any change of name

HMS Redoubtable, 74 guns, built in UK in 1806 (Vengeur class)

If I ain't mistaken 🙂

13 hours ago, oldcrankyman said:

Typically, after a port changes hands, no hostility can be generated for a couple of days.  I'm wondering why the French on the PVE server were able to set a PB less than an hour after the NPCs took it.  I've posted about this on a couple of other sections, but aren't getting any sort of answer.  

What's up with this, devs?

Your information is wrong. It was not possible to get hostility missions for NO until the following day after maintenance (contested ports don't allow missions yet). Which, by surprise, was also the beginning of the time window for them. So we had to improvise and act fast. Which succeeded. No magic here, just swift action. And we weren't the only ones. Spaniards and Americans also got missions and tried to compete in the waters of NO.

So stop this myth about something going on weird here.

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac

• 3 weeks later...

Hey @admin, I notice that there are Search & Destroy (S&D) missions for most (all?) of the classes of ships...except the DLC ships.  I can specifically hunt Surprises, Cerbs, Mercurys, etc, but I can't get a mission to hunt Hercs or Pandoras.  Was there a specific reason for this or was it overlooked?  Did I miss an announcement?

1 hour ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Hey @admin, I notice that there are Search & Destroy (S&D) missions for most (all?) of the classes of ships...except the DLC ships.  I can specifically hunt Surprises, Cerbs, Mercurys, etc, but I can't get a mission to hunt Hercs or Pandoras.  Was there a specific reason for this or was it overlooked?  Did I miss an announcement?

Those ships don't spawn in the wild

11 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

What's that got to do with it?  A S&D mission for Surprise is for AI or Player crewed.

Then that would be a PvP mission, which already exist, not a S&D

1 minute ago, Winterthrust said:

Then that would be a PvP mission, which already exist, not a S&D

You can take a 5th rate hunt mission, a 5th rate PVP mission, and a Surprise S&D mission.  Kill a player in a Surp and get credit on all 3.  Same for all the other crafted ships.  I just want to know why we cant do the same for the Herc, Le Req and Panda, etc.

10 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Not admin but in addition what has already been mentioned about the DLC ships not spawning, S&D missions for them would be incredibly easy to exploit/farm. They’re free each day.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@admin

I have never had a problem with the game crashing, but it has happened today and presently I am locked out.

Recent Steam reviews are also mentioning crashes and lock outs. I thought they were just quirks of peoples PCs but looks like there is some instability in the system.

Q.

Are you aware of any stability issues at the moment, and are they being addressed?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Hi all
  •  
  • Format: question - answer

Dev team,  can we have more ports (slots) in the future or does it stays this way   ?

• The more concise is the question the more specific will be the answer
  • Please refrain from flood and lengthy discussions - this is the topic for questions

Also,

feedback with a question.

@admin
Due to the difficulty of occupying gates with forts, does the mortar brig now also get back its former stats?
 There are gates that need the help of the mortar brig to carry out an attack that can be successful.
 The mortar brig is nerved on this moment into a ship that might as well be removed from the game as long as the current stats remain intact. it no longer has any added value and is not even played anymore.
 is something going to happen to that?
it would be a shame to have a game element talked out by whiners from the game by too influential figures. and  not to take a closer look and bring back as a game element for gates where the forts influence the game in such a way that it is no longer a competition on the water but a game decision in itself, an example is haulover where players just let the forts do the work and can only eat a kebab sandwich with a certain presence.

It would be good to breathe new life into the mortar brig
the question therefore remains.
 And many would like an answer to that question.
Is the mortar brig still being given new life? , or can I free one ship slot (by removel of the Mbrig) for another ship.

Edited by Thonys

Are privateer fleets supposed to be like this?. Was passing between port morant and pedro cay just now to get the wind boost thats close to pedro, storm hits, privateer fleet through the storm tags me while I was tacking, stuck on the wind... Died within 4 mins of the battle starting. Freaking Trincomalee puts my teak white oak ingermanland in reload shock from 200m away disregarding angle... really ?

5 minutes ago, Henry Long Castle said:

Are privateer fleets supposed to be like this?. Was passing between port morant and pedro cay just now to get the wind boost thats close to pedro, storm hits, privateer fleet through the storm tags me while I was tacking, stuck on the wind... Died within 4 mins of the battle starting. Freaking Trincomalee puts my teak white oak ingermanland in reload shock from 200m away disregarding angle... really ?

Yep, you can't go anywhere near capital ports. Those Trincos are not normal Trincos, probably shot you with double charge nuclear rounds. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Henry Long Castle said:

The only real option for longer raiding voyages now are 6th rates. Get yourself a Prince or -- I gag at saying this -- Requin. Privateer fleets will ignore you, and you're free to club all the seals.

• Like 1

And because we are already talking about Trading:

Why we (still) have these harsh restrictions in amount of contracts, time contracts stay active and changing price?

Its absolutely unattractive to fullfill player demands because of this. Even in KPR you have problems to get long guns or carros because it makes no sense to put big stocks in sell (If another sell cheaper 5 minutes after you made your sell contracts you just wasted 10% tax).

@admin

Think about:

1. More possible contracts (40-50)

2. Contracts stay active 30 days 

3. Change price on active contracts and pay tax only for price-difference

• Like 4

Hello @admin

I am a bit lost in the forum and I don't know where I should look for some questions but when I play the game something comes into my mind.   Some people did get a gift 2018 summer(?). It was the Diana. I sadly missed it due vacations. Now I just realised the Diana is in the game but only as a note. So no port bonus. And ultra rare. Why is this so at this ship? I really wanna try it out. Any plans on make it a Permit ship? 

#makedianaaviable

Best greetings Lukas 

Edited by Lukas97Austria
  • Like 4

@admin I have questions about the privateer fleets:

• Are they working as intended?
  • Is there really supposed to be a instant kill zone around enemy capitals?
  • How can the AI 1st rates catch a 30.0 kn ship in the open world?
  • When the Trinc main ship of the privateer fleet tags me at the edge of the circle, are the 1st rates supposed to spawn 500 meters ahead of that location right next to me?

If they are working as intended, then I have many suggestions. If they are not working as intended, I would like to report the incident recorded below (f11 sent at the time) and request my ship back.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

First of all I want to say that it is fantastic that more and more ships are added to the game. My congratulations, it must be hard work.
But, according to the 2017 Final Poll:

The "Montañes" took first place ahead of the Temeraire class (the two new ships implemented in the game: Implacable and Redoutable). I was wondering if there was a problem with the Spanish ship, or what is the reason for its non-inclusion before the Temeraire class.
Thanks greetings.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sersanara said:

First of all I want to say that it is fantastic that more and more ships are added to the game. My congratulations, it must be hard work.
But, according to the 2017 Final Poll:

The "Montañes" took first place ahead of the Temeraire class (the two new ships implemented in the game: Implacable and Redoutable). I was wondering if there was a problem with the Spanish ship, or what is the reason for its non-inclusion before the Temeraire class.
Thanks greetings.

I think making temeraire class is much easier because of sources, it was mostly spread ship of the line over the world.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MysteriousHonza said:

I think making temeraire class is much easier because of sources, it was mostly spread ship of the line over the world.

Then, why the Poll? Why do they tell us to vote ships if they aren't going to implement them later?

In any case, it is a pity that the third most important fleet of the time after the English and French only have two ships in the game, while the navies of other smaller nations have more. It's unrealistic.

Where are the Meregildos? The Ildefonsinos? The Mahonesas? San Juan Nepomuceno? Glorioso? Rayo? San Jose? Purisima Concepcion? 80 gun's Retamosa? Jorge Juan ships? Well look there is where to choose.

Edited by Sersanara
  • Like 3