Game-Labs Forum
admin

Questions to developers

Any hint (such as rates...) about new ships that'll be in game in the future (apart from the Pandora and ships that won the last polls) ?

Have new ship DLCs already been planned par GL ?

Will there be a ship poll this year ?

Will 50+gun 24-pdr frigate L'Egyptienne (1799) be in game ?  a book about her upcoming this year

Will there be in game more small ships with say less than 30 guns and 6-to-9-pdr guns ?

• Like 1

Hello

When will you stop to change PVP server into a PVP arena.

Right now whe have 2 choice a Boring PVE server or an Hard core PVP server.

PVP server should be in between .Give Hard core PVP a new game like "World of warship" and please give your open world in PVP server the chance to be a fun  area .If you choose to develop an open world please don't restrict it to a kind of player and to a single way to play in it.

Best regard's

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, John Hill Regard said:

PVP server should be in between .Give Hard core PVP a new game like "World of warship" and please give your open world in PVP server the chance to be a fun  area .If you choose to develop an open world please don't restrict it to a kind of player and to a single way to play in it.

Totally agree.

For the love of God, make the boats accessible to everyone. I can understand the permits in Victory marks for the first ones since they are boats used fundamentally in the port battles, even in the second class, but of third class down without permits. Facilitate PvP combats by facilitating the acquisition of ships for this. I also believe that it is necessary to considerably increase the reward in reals by sinking AI. Do not you think that with the current changes people are moving away more and more from PvP? I think so.

Best regards.

• Like 6

Question to both developers and naval experts :

Is this layout/handling of the latin-rig (when in a broad reach) possible on the xebec Le Requin, both in terms of historical realism (with 3 masts) and of implementation in NA (OW and combat instance ? See red-framed pics.

It'd be a nice (and realistic ?) animation. From a historical standpoint (LRQ sailing profile being what it is), I guess it had effects on the performances at broad reach/downwind. Was it used during a fight ?

pJFZhL9.jpg

(I don't know the english terminology so I show a pic. Sorry if it has already been asked)

Edited by LeBoiteux

^^ @admin im intrested in this as well plus will we test HMS Pandora before game is released?

Edited by Lovec1990

7 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Are temerarie/montañes/wreker being worked on? Anything pretty to show?

4 minutes ago, Lovec1990 said:

^^ @admin im intrested in this as well plus will we test HMS Pandora before game is released?

Please - we'd like them.

I would like to ask why the constitution is now a ship of the line when it only have 24pd longs and 42ps carros how is this ship supposed to compete at this Tier, namely the bellona has much more of everything and a 200 crew advantage. I'm told you speak to around 5 players...whether this is just rubbish I don't know or care but id really like to know where the info for this came from. But I can't believe you would make this choice yourselfs based on you trying to make the game historical or as close as...

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Black veil said:

I would like to ask why the constitution is now a ship of the line when it only have 24pd longs and 42ps carros how is this ship supposed to compete at this Tier, namely the bellona has much more of everything and a 200 crew advantage. I'm told you speak to around 5 players...whether this is just rubbish I don't know or care but id really like to know where the info for this came from. But I can't believe you would make this choice yourselfs based on you trying to make the game historical or as close as...

There was only 2 choices, make Connie the strongest of tier 4 or the weakest of tier 3. You are a Connie fan, you prefer her on tier 4.

59 minutes ago, Cabral said:

There was only 2 choices, make Connie the strongest of tier 4 or the weakest of tier 3. You are a Connie fan, you prefer her on tier 4.

Really... Just to highlight the issue the Connie is a super frigate, penny dropped? Where is she a ship.of the line with the same firepower as the indefatigable? 

1 hour ago, Lovec1990 said:

Last time i checked aga was strongest 4th rate

Exactly Connie was never the strongest in her field but she was just strong enough to fullfil the roll of frigate hunter she's certainly not nor ever has been a ship of the line, as others have already said let's get more ships of the line into the game but not like this, otherwise let's make the wasa a 2nd rate 

Anyway no point sniping at each other as I posted it here as it's for us to post questions to the devs, I'm not set in my ways that I'm right. I'd just like to understand how they came to this decision, ie what the thought process was, did they use player data on the Connie her performance stats in relation to existing tier 4's or 3's just anything to try and help us understand as if it was for balance how can it be as the ship is now irrelevant and defiantly not balanced.. on a side note same issue the indef and aga in same Tier? There the same except by 1 deck so again how is this balance? 

@admin @Ink what is the reason to add flag dlc and paint dlc instead of creating content out of them for ingame achievements?

34 minutes ago, Wyy said:

@admin @Ink what is the reason to add flag dlc and paint dlc instead of creating content out of them for ingame achievements?

money

Paint DLC feels a bit....cheap. Its just stuff which was ingame for a long time already while flags was something new.

• Like 1

@admin So I have a question about the admiralty rewards flags that can be unlocked for 50.000 doubloons.

If I unlock this flag on nation x, then use forger DLC to move to nation y, will I have the 50.000 doubloon flag unlocked for nation y too or would I have to unlock this one aswell? If I have to unlock them all separately, does this mean each is saved as unlocked for my account, even if I change nation or do I lose the flag when I switch and would have to unlock / buy it again for 50.000?

49 minutes ago, Sovereign said:

@admin So I have a question about the admiralty rewards flags that can be unlocked for 50.000 doubloons.

If I unlock this flag on nation x, then use forger DLC to move to nation y, will I have the 50.000 doubloon flag unlocked for nation y too or would I have to unlock this one aswell? If I have to unlock them all separately, does this mean each is saved as unlocked for my account, even if I change nation or do I lose the flag when I switch and would have to unlock / buy it again for 50.000?

its added to your flag collection. Thus if some time in the future you will return to that nation you will have it already. 
new flag for new nation will have to be purchased again

• Like 2

2 hours ago, admin said:

its added to your flag collection. Thus if some time in the future you will return to that nation you will have it already. 
new flag for new nation will have to be purchased again

Thank you, Sir.

Just to prevent me from looking every 5 minutes on steam page -- were the additional DLC ships already submitted to steam or is it going to be in the near future? I am very curious about the Pandora ....

• Like 1

@admin

I have a question related to DLC ships and wipe.

What will happen to nations that don`t have a bigger ship DLC ? After the wipe big nations that own a 4th rate DLC will have big advantage over the non dlc nations. This will lead clearly to supremacy of certain nation. Of course you can say that we have F2P ships that can we use. Yes - but after a wipe players need some time to build them, collect the materials and DLC ships we can reedem every 24h without material cost and labor, shipyard and lvl craft. Are there any plan solve this problem? Wouldn`t be a better for bigger ships to introduce them as a special  blueprint ? 

Edited by GhastlyGhost

3 minutes ago, GhastlyGhost said:

@admin

What will happen to nations that don`t have a bigger ship DLC ? After the wipe big nations that own a 4th rate DLC will have big advantage over the non dlc nations. This will lead clearly to supremacy of certain nation. Of course you can say that we have F2P ships that can we use. Yes - but after a wipe players need some time to build them, collect the materials and DLC ships we can reedem every 24h without material cost and labor, shipyard. Are there any plan solve this problem? Wouldn`t be a better for bigger ships to introduce them as a special  blueprint that dont require lvl craft ? 

Ship DLCs are not linked to a given nation. Any player can buy a Ship DLC whatever his in-game nation. A pirate can buy any ship DLC he wants.

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 1

So you don`t see the problem when nation A with premium ships rekt nation B without them and get server supremacy Is in your opinion best sollution:

-Hey they rekt your clans and nation with DLC ships ? 

-Lets go noobs and buy them !

1 minute ago, GhastlyGhost said:

So you don`t see the problem when nation A with premium ships rekt nation B without them and get server supremacy Is in your opinion best sollution:

-Hey they rekt your clans and nation with DLC ships ? 

-Lets go noobs and buy them !

Apart from 'suffering by anticipation' feelings ( we all do go through that unless we are 100% bits and bytes )

Has this happened already ? Any data to support the 'nation A with premium ships rekt nation B without them' in a valid test scenario ? ( equivalent player numbers and PvP/RvR at the same timezones )

19 minutes ago, GhastlyGhost said:

@admin

What will happen to nations that don`t have a bigger ship DLC ? After the wipe big nations that own a 4th rate DLC will have big advantage over the non dlc nations. This will lead clearly to supremacy of certain nation. Of course you can say that we have F2P ships that can we use. Yes - but after a wipe players need some time to build them, collect the materials and DLC ships we can reedem every 24h without material cost and labor, shipyard and lvl craft. Are there any plan solve this problem? Wouldn`t be a better for bigger ships to introduce them as a special  blueprint ? 

As of now, i only see DLC Ships in PvP Zone, not anywhere else.  Also i dont think there are DLC-Nation and Non-DLC-Nation. since some use them and some no across all Nations