Game-Labs Forum

Sea Legends Q&A

admin

well tbh not too sure if the hardcore sim part is for me  but to say it openly @admin , if you're in the team , i'll sign up . I like your open style man , if something is shitty , you say it's shitty. I respect the work you have done and i sure as hell will keep doing that .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, admin said:
  1. Ships probably - but they all have to be redone from scratch because all internals have to be done. 
    1. 2 ships are done already. 4th rate and 6th rate. One is sailable

With ships having to be done internally, and this game focusing very heavily on the deck-level experience, physically moving about the deck and manipulating objects... I have to ask - is there any consideration towards implementing VR?

1 hour ago, Powderhorn said:

With ships having to be done internally, and this game focusing very heavily on the deck-level experience, physically moving about the deck and manipulating objects... I have to ask - is there any consideration towards implementing VR?

no plans for VR

• Like 1

Quid de l'animation des voiles des chébecs ?

Y aura-t-il des shallows et des ship damages dus aux intempéries, échouages, vieillissement, etc. ?

Y aura-t-il d'autres navires méditerranéens typiques ?

Qu'est-ce que c'est le "British channel" ? La BBC de l'époque ?

Quel sera le 'real flag' de la France ?

Est-ce que les fans de simulation seront comblés ?

La timeframe ? Serrée ou NA-esque ?

Carronades ou pas carronades ?

Edited by LeBoiteux

7 hours ago, LeBoiteux said:

Quid de l'animation des voiles des chébecs ?

Y aura-t-il des shallows et des ship damages dus aux intempéries, échouages, vieillissement, etc. ?

Y aura-t-il d'autres navires méditerranéens typiques ?

Qu'est-ce que c'est le "British channel" ? La BBC de l'époque ?

Quel sera le 'real flag' de la France ?

Est-ce que les fans de simulation seront comblés ?

La timeframe ? Serrée ou NA-esque ?

Carronades ou pas carronades ?

english please

7 hours ago, LeBoiteux said:

Admin answered previously: "Yes.. Its already in prototype, if you have too much sail in strong wind your masts will get stressed and eventually break. Ramming, damage from hitting rocks at high speed, etc)"

• Like 2

1.) Will Sail plans be done via individual sails? allowing for realistic/historical sail plans used in different circumsances.

1a) If Question 1 is a yes, will we be seeing yards carried away, or other rigging damage due to poor selection of sailplan. and giving reasons to risk carrying more canvas at the risk of losing a yard vice carrying less canvas but losing speed.

2.) Will it be possible for a player to start as say the watch officer, as opposed to the captain of a ship. 

С учетом больших сухопутных масс, как будет осуществляться взаимодействие войны на море и на суше (если оно будет)?
И как вообще будет устроен процесс RVR и захвата портов?

Ну и что относится к "North Sea and its countries"?
Только Северное море и Ла Манш или также и Балтика?

З.Ы. Вообще, конечно, интересный проект, я бы присоединился.

12 hours ago, McGuinness said:

english please

1. What about interaction between land and naval warfare, because it's not colonies, but Europe with large armies and inland fortresses?
2. Will there be any RVR with Port Battles (and capturing ports) or player will be relegated to usual maritime duties (including large scale actions)?
3. Will "North Sea and its countires" include only North Sea and English channel, or there will be also Baltic Sea and some of Atlantic with direct route to Mediterranean?
P.S. And yes, I will most probably join this project as early tester or something.

On 1/29/2020 at 2:55 PM, Malcolm3 said:

С учетом больших сухопутных масс, как будет осуществляться взаимодействие войны на море и на суше (если оно будет)?
И как вообще будет устроен процесс RVR и захвата портов?

Ну и что относится к "North Sea and its countries"?
Только Северное море и Ла Манш или также и Балтика?

З.Ы. Вообще, конечно, интересный проект, я бы присоединился.

балтика появится позже
изначально в деме будет ламанш и все что рядом
взаимодействия суши и моря будет ограничено палубой доками и тавернами - игрок будет играть (отыгрывать) роль контрабандиста и приватера - им не до войны совсем совсем. 

44 minutes ago, admin said:

балтика появится позже
изначально в деме будет ламанш и все что рядом
взаимодействия суши и моря будет ограничено палубой доками и тавернами - игрок будет играть (отыгрывать) роль контрабандиста и приватера - им не до войны совсем совсем. 

Это в демоверсии, тут все понятно. Но дальше по мере создания новых веток карьеры данный вопрос все равно придется затронуть.
З.Ы. Спасибо за ответ.

Very happy with this games announcement. I have not played monkey island or any of the other patrician games etc. This though being simulator like in nature sounds like something I can enjoy learning about the running of a ship, navigation and other things from. My kind of game. A game where reading and real world knowledge are useful.

Are their any plans for COOP? As in friends being able to jump into each others campaigns with an extra ship and hunt together. A while back Napoleon Total War had a feature where players could "drop in" to a persons campaign as the enemy player to make things interesting. It used to be fun to invite your friends to critical battles because the total war AI was pretty dead pan on it's own. It would even be nice to be given "invitation popups" every now and then to merge campaigns for a mission as enemies, but that would be hard to synchronise. 
Alternatively it could be a diablo style 4 player coop experience with a town that had a community to trade and talk with? I don't know. I am just thinking that playing a single player game usually get's lonely and if you have friends (like me), you want to play with them. But you don't necessarily want to be stressed by PVP professionals. So single player is good from the perspective of not being ganked, but it is bad from the perspective that their is no real social interaction.

One of the things I most liked doing in NA was chatting over text with the community while sailing. But I guess time compression will stop that need.

I am trying to figure out whether, without a social aspect, I will find this game interesting enough to play "on my own" for "lonely hours". But I really appreciate the advantages that single player offers. I am probably ready after retiring from PVP in NA.

I hope their is an opportunity to be the "good guys" rather than just a raider/pirate/privateer. Hunting enemy privateers without having to raid innocent shipping or simply being in the navy and earning renown points and prize money rather than looting ships would be very cool and give the opportunity to experience the running of larger warships. Perhaps in one of the DLC campaigns?

I need to read the website in detail yet... something fun to read at lunch :)

P.S. It is a great shame that NA mechanics are considered sacred and cannot be changed even when the community is getting something new to play with. I do wonder if this game is replacing NA2 or whether NA2 is being developed separately. :)

EDIT: I just saw this pertaining to my coop request on the website:
"
*Multiplayer (co-op or vs players) options might get added at later stages. "

Also “

• Other players might visit your world depending on your profession risk and Karma”

Egalite
Multiplayer*

• Equality in PVP with 100% elimination of ganking

• Raid and Invade Based PVP Events

• Company based conquest events and missions

• Large battle events

• PVP Progression

• Duels with consequences”

• Like 3