Game-Labs Forum

Sea Legends Q&A

admin

On 3/1/2021 at 5:48 AM, PikeStance said:

I would love to follow this development, but the forum seems dead and steam isn't much better (plus it is a horrible format for discussion). How long does it take to get my messages approved by the moderator? I posted 24 hours ago and my last one is still in limbo. 

Greetings Captain. There is no Steam forum for the game yet, you can discuss the game either here or Sea Legends official Discord server: https://discord.gg/bgZeuXc

Unfortunately, pre-moderation is required to stop spam bots

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Flags and other decorative aspects?  Will they eventually show up here?  I love my flag in NA and would hope to have similar abilities to improve the look of my ship.  I see ship naming will be available.....does that mean any name or chosen from a list.  Many of us (especially navy vets) would like to use the names of ships that we are familiar with, but that can get out of hand.  If it is possible to name your ship "Boaty mcBoat Face", someone will do it.....or much worse.

Edited by Angus MacDuff
  • Like 1

On 3/22/2021 at 12:15 PM, Angus MacDuff said:

Flags and other decorative aspects?  Will they eventually show up here?  I love my flag in NA and would hope to have similar abilities to improve the look of my ship.  I see ship naming will be available.....does that mean any name or chosen from a list.  Many of us (especially navy vets) would like to use the names of ships that we are familiar with, but that can get out of hand.  If it is possible to name your ship "Boaty mcBoat Face", someone will do it.....or much worse.

'Boaty mcBoat Face' is even funny.

The idea of name moderation is to prevent offensive names. Your example does not look offensive at all, it would be a Captain with sense of humor who chose that.

So I think the way to go is having a prefab list of acceptable names, plus unknown new requests would be in pending status until a moderator gave green light - if devs are in generous mood. If not, names not being processible from prefab list simply would be denied. But I hope for some open, versatile naming system in the style mentioned.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/8/2021 at 10:37 PM, Surcouf said:

Will the acceleration of ships be less than in NA? Will the inertia to move the ship be more realistic?

La-Recouvrance-et-LHermione-2014-10-19-Brest-YLB-1500-px-cop.jpg

I hope that the ships will somehow move more realistic than in NA. Since the concept of this game is a way more simulation than action, it should be. 

I imagine it (at least for the sailing, moving on the map) somehow like old Aces of the Deep. A slow more or less realistic speed if you want to and for long ways (and maybe even in battles for the unpatient captain) time compression.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/21/2021 at 3:39 AM, Enterprise said:

Is this game still in development? I bought it, but the website blog hasn't been updated in 8 months.

Greetings Captain! Yes, the game is being developed. Please join our discord server at https://discord.gg/bgZeuXc and apply for the closed channel (#royal-society-invites) available to all buyers of the game to follow the most recent information from the dev team

• 1 month later...

This game seems rather promising, and it is really refreshing seeing that it is single-player (or at least has the option to play single-player). Most of the good age of sail games are multiplayer which is a bit annoying for me personally since I like to go at my own speed with most games I play.

But my question is will there be a sandbox mode? I like the careers and whatnot but I feel a game like this could benefit from a full sandbox mode where you can do whatever you want with minimal limitations (I imagine a pirate career could work as such).

• 2 weeks later...

I remember when Naval Action was first announced i was so excited to play it but the single player content is shocking. I haven't played in over a year so not sure if the single player content is any better. If i'd known back then it would be MP focussed i would never have bought it.

Hopefully Sea Legends is more of a single player experience. But unlike Naval Action i certainly wont be buying until i know what content there is and if it's more single player focussed.

• 2 months later...

Hello, 

I'm new to the forum, but I've been playing Naval Action for quite some time (bought the game in 2016 I believe, but my pc couldn't run it back than).

Just recently I've heard about this game, and I am very interested, but I've got a few questions.

1. If my PC can run Naval Action, can it run Sea Legends as well?

2. Is it still possible to buy this game?

3. If so, how much does it cost (in euro's), because I do not have much money, so I prefer to know in advance.

4. Do you also have a character who walks on land? (This one is mostly out of curiosity, but it would be cool)

These are my questions for now, and I hope to see a reply soon. Also, apologies for my bad English, it's not my native language.

Have a nice day!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
18 hours ago, raphaelholstein282 said:

Where can you buy the Sea Legends game?

Captain, the game is still charting its course in development and isn't available for purchase at the moment. Keep your compass set for upcoming news.

• 2 weeks later...