Game-Labs Forum

Hello Admin,

I second the above. Thanks for the email. Followed the link and read about the Clerk. Brilliant, am very excited and looking forward to more.

Have a great and wonderful day.

Capt. Ed and Seadog First Class Wade.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a thread for questions about Sea Legends Thread will be used for the creation of FAQ Sea Legends Website  Facebook  Reddit 

There will be a pre-order site Price is unknown The game will be a practical sim, allowing the player to decide which parts he wants to experience to the fullest or delegate one to the A

The main blessing and curse of NA is that it is impossible to change some things. Adding RPG systems to crew will require wipes and strong reductions of basic skills. If all players suddenly lost abil

Posted Images

That sounds really amazing. Countless times before I wished I could start off wandering around the beautiful ships in 1st person view, climb the masts, eat in captains cabin or plan the voyage on a map on the desk. This sounds like my dreams come true .... I am looking forward very much to more news about SL.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Admin

Will we see this on our SL ship 😉 ?

PS: at the end of the video (and on the image above) we can see the wet deck in the rain : to recreate that would give a real sensation of bad weather !

Edited by Bonden
  • Like 3

And this one is even more impressive ! It shows how to furl a sail in rough sea from a 'first-person' perspective ! 

If SL gives us a fraction of the sensations one can feel in this video, it would be a incredible game, not only for historical gamers but also for all fan of tall ships and sail ! 

Hang in !

PS: my hat's off to the HMS Bounty (1960 replica) and her crew, as she sunk in the Sandy hurricane in 2012 with loss of life… (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bounty_(1960_ship))

Edited by Bonden
  • Like 6
  • admin pinned this topic

Imagine the thrill of a game where the weather and sea is the greatest threat to ships, and rocky shores and reefs kill more sailors than iron and gun powder.

• Like 7

Hi Admin

A question: some RPGs (KCD for instance) need lot of time (hundreds of hours) to play to get the required skills and to progress in the game. Will SL require an important investment in time to play ? 

Thks

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2020 at 8:14 PM, admin said:

Early version of the game will focus on Early 18th century smuggling and privateering.

Yay, it means the ships are going to be beautiful!

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Bonden said:

Hello Admin,

Has 'the Clerk' (your generator of texts on the Age of sail) something in common with the new GPT-3 of Open AI (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPT-3) ? Looks powerful !

Best regards

We tested gpt-2 in early stage of Clerk development, we are even invited in the beta special closed access of gpt thanks to advances of the clerk (and love it) 

But for the game the Clerk system is much more powerful: much more narrow scope, but much more better writing as a result. We see a lot of potential for other games and developers, and this could be a middleware for the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 8/18/2020 at 2:39 PM, Bonden said:

Hi Admin, 

Do you already have an approximate timing of future developments and when we can pre-order the game ?

Don't hesitate to post WIP printscreens 😉

Thks

We will open pre-orders when the first ship light brig can be sailed for 24 hours during day night cycle. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, admin said:

We tested gpt-2 in early stage of Clerk development, we are even invited in the beta special closed access of gpt thanks to advances of the clerk (and love it) 

But for the game the Clerk system is much more powerful: much more narrow scope, but much more better writing as a result. We see a lot of potential for other games and developers, and this could be a middleware for the future.

Don't forget to patent the Clerk 😎

• Like 1

Admin,

Oh how you've made my day. I've been away for awhile working on my old house, being out and about with my nice seadog (Had him 3 years now.), and dealing with the chaos happening here. Today I dropped in on my main computer to find such great changes. I like them. 

Ready to get onboard just as soon as it's available. Please make it so we can use Steam or maybe PayPal if it's not ready for Steam yet. Oh my! Now I'll really have to build a new computer. MSFS 2020 is already forcing me down that road.

Fair sailing and good health from Capt. Ed and Petty Officer Wade. 

Hi Admin,

Will SL simulate the apparent wind (which flows as a vectorial combination of true wind and headwind (wind due to the speed of the ship), thus not in the same direction as the true wind) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apparent_wind) ? It has quite complex implications on speed and sail trimming.

DiagramApparentWind.png

V = boat speed, H = head wind, W = true wind, A = apparent wind, α = pointing angle, β = angle of apparent wind

Source: Wikipédia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apparent_wind)

Edited by Bonden
  • Like 2

Will there be different damage other than by a battle?

1. bad use of masts
  2. breakage due to bad weather
  3. accidental collision
  4. masts falling (shift of wind)
  5. poor maintenance or aging of the rigging
  6. seaman's accident
  7. rotten hull

Will the fog be implemented?

65637171_2085443268234037_4980843242112155648_o.jpg.9fc90c7abac4934693adeadd00016224.jpg

• Like 4

If I understood correctly, the first ships will be privateers. So we will have cutters, schooners, brigs and privateers (corvettes), and even frigates?

wpid-Photo-Jan-7-2013-730-AM.jpg

• Like 2
On 9/3/2020 at 5:29 PM, Bonden said:

Hi Admin,

Will SL simulate the apparent wind (which flows as a vectorial combination of true wind and headwind (wind due to the speed of the ship), thus not in the same direction as the true wind) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apparent_wind) ? It has quite complex implications on speed and sail trimming.

DiagramApparentWind.png

V = boat speed, H = head wind, W = true wind, A = apparent wind, α = pointing angle, β = angle of apparent wind

I would love to have it in game. Since it is a mathematical thing, it shouldn't be difficult to code.

• Like 2
On 9/3/2020 at 5:29 PM, Bonden said:

Hi Admin,

DiagramApparentWind.png

For those like me who better understand physics with concrete examples, here is a nice video 

Edited by Bonden
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Will there be the possibility of instrument navigation? Sextant (octan), plotting one's route on a chart, logarithm table, azimuthal compass, barometer, etc.?

It could be a realism option, when do you think?

Capture d’écran (448).png

• Like 1