Game-Labs Forum

Sea Legends Q&A

admin

@Yachteru I think it will. November for being notorious for "gain". Good starting point to lunch a new franchise. I wait till 1st November myself :D

I just discovered the scope of Sea Legends yesterday myself. Whats missing in NA is to be found here very nice indeed.

1. Mr. Zasov, will the world be flat like in NA?
  2. Are the ship customisable to a point?
  3. I like a meaningful single player game to start there seems to be a good plan. Will other players be able to enter my combat instead of AI? I would like to have this. Like the Loki rune in NA?

Thank you for the opportunity

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Revenant said:

@Yachteru I think it will. November for being notorious for "gain". Good starting point to lunch a new franchise. I wait till 1st November myself :D

I just discovered the scope of Sea Legends yesterday myself. Whats missing in NA is to be found here very nice indeed.

1. Mr. Zasov, will the world be flat like in NA?
  2. Are the ship customisable to a point?
  3. I like a meaningful single player game to start there seems to be a good plan. Will other players be able to enter my combat instead of AI? I would like to have this. Like the Loki rune in NA?

Thank you for the opportunity

yes NA scratch my itch but sea legends look like it will be antihistamine. I wish the deve keep up the work with NA n move that same standard to sea legend.

i like is that it is not multiplayer in pvp sense and that is better for us to help make the sailing realistic without balancing of player issue.

• Like 2

On 10/24/2020 at 7:59 AM, Kopelent said:

Price is crazy. Never spend so much money for an alpha game

this is for super early birds and loyal fans.

i spent that much on "this land is my land". yeah, it looked awesome on paper before it became something totally different i probably would have never bought. i also did it for support, and don't really regret it but ... fool me once ...

sea legends looks indeed awesome but i'll wait for release this time. also, the scope is worryingly ambitious.

that said, gamelabs are nerdy developers, with small sales figures they need to push prices to stay afloat, and someone should preorder this so development continues. even if doesn't end up being what you hope, you likely will get a good original game for that money regardless, plus some perks. if you can't wait ...

• Like 2

Hi Admin,

Very cool update! Thank you and much appreciated!

A few questions here.

1. Will there be a penalty to AI accuracy in dense powder smoke?

2. Wil be it be possible to shake a chasing enemy off at night by dousing lanterns and changing the course? What will be the chances of AI guessing this maneuver and how they are going to be calculated? What other factors will influence the success of such a maneuver?

3. Gun recoil animation is great! How about guns dismounting when hit? Will it be animated as well?

4. In the age of sail ship boats were normally towed behind the ship during battle or even cast adrift as they were a dangerous source of deadly splinters when stowed on the deck. Will the be included / animated as a part of clearing for action?

5. If there is fire, what actions will be required from the Player to prevent it from spreading and destroying the entire ship? What are the chances of successfully extinguishing it?

6. Sorry if already asked but I don't believe it was. Will heavy seas prevent two-decker ships from opening their gundeck ports on leeward side?

Thank again!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, znôrt said:

this is for super early birds and loyal fans.

i spent that much on "this land is my land". yeah, it looked awesome on paper before it became something totally different i probably would have never bought. i also did it for support, and don't really regret it but ... fool me once ...

sea legends looks indeed awesome but i'll wait for release this time. also, the scope is worryingly ambitious.

that said, gamelabs are nerdy developers, with small sales figures they need to push prices to stay afloat, and someone should preorder this so development continues. even if doesn't end up being what you hope, you likely will get a good original game for that money regardless, plus some perks. if you can't wait ...

oki! i will support it!

• Like 1

Hi Devs.

Before to buy the pre-order, I want to know, why the pre-order is so expensive, because I never saw a price so high. Why is so expensive?

It's because the realise going to be 200$?

(Normally, All the games that I was following for this last 10 years, the preorder is a little more cheaper than the realise)

Or

Quoting the words of the sea Legends web:

Special access to exclusive founder Royal Society discord to influence the development (invite will be sent separately from invoice on purchase)

• Exclusive content previews and discussions

• Voting on ship additions"

The reason of the price, it's because We are going to be more that only alpha tester, and we can collaborate with you, given informattion and being offical investors?

I hope that someone of the devs team, could helpme to solve this questions. 

Have a Nice day.

And sorry if there are some mistakes, I was fighting with corrector mobile to Write in english.

Edited by D. Federico de Gravina y N
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Surcouf said:

Will we be able to be at anchor with the mizen-topsail against it to stay into the wind?

Vaisseau 74 canons au mouillage peroquet de fougue coiffé.jpg

Thanks Surcouf, I didn't know that; I thought any ship at anchor would stay into the wind. I guess this is not true then ? 

• Like 1

This is not true when the current (drift) has more effect than the wind (windage). And in some cases, the captain may want to stay in the direction of the wind rather than being blown away by the current.
And the commander chooses to do this to avoid "running on his anchor". The current could push the ship forward and it would pass over the anchor. We mustn't do that! So if the direction of the wind allows it, we put against (I don't know if it's the right word in English
) the mizen-topsail.

Edited by Surcouf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Bonden said:

Thanks Surcouf, I didn't know that; I thought any ship at anchor would stay into the wind. I guess this is not true then ? 

Usually the mizzen sail is not necessary, though to counter currents it might be needed.

If the game has currents, it can be a good addition to have some sail set during staying at anchor and mybe waiting for cargo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Surcouf said:

Commit yourself to l'Hermione!

LG5A4949.jpg

😉 I truly often dream of it…  But I'm afraid your captain doesn't need an ageing landlubber like me... (well maybe as a cook? ;-)).My plan was, for a first contact with a tall ship, to sail a weekend with the schooner La Recouvrance in Brest, if it is not too expensive (https://www.voilesdexception.com/fr/vieux-greements.html) or a similar ship. But first I have to have my sailing lessons… 

Edited by Bonden
(too personal)
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I want to start off by saying I absolutely love Game Labs and the incredible work you all are doing. I've invested in literally everything you've put out so far that has a single-player element. I've never been much into MMOs, so felt that Naval Action wouldn't really be appealing to me, and have been crossing my fingers hoping that a single-player iteration of this would come to fruition. 

I'm definitely planning on investing in this, as I am a huge fan of the time period and history in general. I am NOT, however, a really hardcore sailing fanatic and my question would be... how scalable will this be in terms of realism? Will someone like me, who enjoys the historical aspect and the fun factor still be able to have an enjoyable and competitive experience if I don't want to be caught up in the minutiae of complete ship management? 

I'm excited about this and definitely plan on investing as soon as the holidays are past. 

Keep up the epic work!

TT

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I was never interested in NA, as MMO's aren't really my cup of tea. I did play a ton of the New Horizons mod, and I was wondering if there would be any similarity? Going to port, speaking with important people, planning with a yardmaster, planning downtime etc?

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would love to follow this development, but the forum seems dead and steam isn't much better (plus it is a horrible format for discussion). How long does it take to get my messages approved by the moderator? I posted 24 hours ago and my last one is still in limbo. 

• Like 1