Game-Labs Forum

Development plans update - First half of 2020

5 hours ago, Durin said:

Clan Docks please!

1. Makes everything ship related so much easier: Lost your firstrate in pb and the crafter is not online? Take one of those in clan docks. Want to trade a ship from clan crafter to clan member in a different timezone? Send to clan docks. Want to roll the dice but your docks are full? Send ships to clandocks to have room for more!

5. Clan Shop?

no pls, reason is that people with tons of alts will create tons of clans and have unlimited ships on hand.

12 minutes ago, Chromey said:

no pls, reason is that people with tons of alts will create tons of clans and have unlimited ships on hand.

Just make it expensive enough to build like 50k - 100k doubloons, vmarks, and couple of combat medals.

Also the number of dock spaces it provides could be raltive to amount of members.

Alts already give you a lot of extra dock space, extra warehouse space etc. don't think the impact would be too different to what we already have.

Edited by Henry Durnin
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Henry Durnin said:

Just make it expensive enough to build like 50k - 100k doubloons, vmarks, and couple of combat medals.

Alts already give you a lot of extra dock space, extra warehouse space etc. don't think the impact would be too different to what we already have.

One dock-slot per clanmember, like proposed by vazco, problem solved...

13 hours ago, admin said:

Overall - we have a great 2020 ahead of us. If you want something added to the plan feel free to do it in comments. Please stay on topic when discussing issues. Remember that all feature proposals and changes proposals must fit the 3 point framework

1. It must solve a specific problem of the majority or reduce negative outcome for the majority.
  2. It must be beneficial for both new and old players
  3. It must not take anything away that players worked hard to get. 

1) Naval Action 2 in the Mediterranean Sea or Europe in general.

2) wind power (dinamic wind changes in OW and battle istance) and wind shadow (stealing wind when chasing another player)

3) Storm Battle istance and storm Open World minigame istance (survive and limiting damages to the ship during a storm istance that starts random inside a storm area on the map a la ''Age of pirates: caribbean tales'' from Akella.

4) Fishing mechanics: new ships (Whaler), new money from fishing, new PVE minigame istance for hunting whales with gunboats like tenders to a Whaler ship

5) new models for Forts, removing Forts for shallow port, introducing ''shore batteries'' (3 guns each, closer to enemy ships but more exposed to enemy cannons fire ) added to standard towers (towers will be alway more powerful than shore batteries)

6) hideouts : hidden random port mark discovered only sailing near the coast in OW , you must click and enter into hideout istance with no info on what you can find (smugglers small fleet, elite pirate lord, nothing or a wreck...btw a small treasure must be always be found inside this istance (treasure can go from 1 doublons to some jewels or reals chests, but really rare)

7) increase BR of lineships so a 1st rates costs 1.8-2k BR and so on for lower ships

😎 gives random port bonus to open world capped ships....they are too much useless and frustrating now, new players will be very upset if they cap an OW tha results useless also vs a crafted Snow

9) bring back Diana and Santa Cecilia as craftable ship

10) link ships to each original nation (Santisima only craftable if you are spanish, l'ocean for french , victory for GB and so on....every nation has a 1st rate, built in real life or on a paper blueprint)

11) removing unlimited hull and rig repair cycles in battle istance, set a limit to only 3 repair rounds for all reps non for type

Edited by huliotkd
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, admin said:
  • New rewards for main battle activities
    • PVP Leaderboard rewards

I would like to see something like:

• Hall of Fame
  • Detailed statistics of PVP
  • Marks of Excellence like in Wot
  • Fatality. It could be like small cinematic movies of the sinking enemy ship or victory in the boarding or something like a fatality in Mortal Combat.
  • Like 6

Congrats on making to the steam HoF and thanks for a comprehensive outline of plans for 2020. 

I am back playing game after a 3-4 months break and it looks more polished. Many features make sense now. Loki, wind boost, roe adjustments, (finaly!) a reasonable balance of the three currencies just to name a few. Steam review changed from not recommended to recommended. 

Sound approach to the development in 2020. 

Some areas of concern to me:

• too many forgotten / hardly used ships (pavel, victory, essex, 3rd rate, buc to name a few) They need rework: fine tuning of characteristics, unique features. 
  • some ships are too good in their class, even beyond their class (bellona, christian)
  • rvr still dominated by 1st rates. Lowering PB BR should help, but pls look into options for (some) restrictions on the PB fleet composition and composition of the battle groups (!).
  • mast sniping with single shot should go or be more risky: this is basically bypassing of the complex battle mechanics
  • Like 4

Safe port for the so called "impossible nations " that they can fortify and defend themselves, rather than pouring out the same 1 port in the middle of the map. This might encourage players to adopt Poland, Prussia etc and spread the playerbase away from the zergs a bit

The threat of getting 1 ported is too great a risk and it's difficult , expensive and extremely time consuming to switch nations.

all in all, games playing better but the toxics could be dealt with properly, not left to run wild and it's up the the devs to sort this, put measures in place to chat ban for months at a time, players whose main purpose is to troll and spoil others experience

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stilgar said:

Congrats on making to the steam HoF and thanks for a comprehensive outline of plans for 2020. 

I am back playing game after a 3-4 months break and it looks more polished. Many features make sense now. Loki, wind boost, roe adjustments, (finaly!) a reasonable balance of the three currencies just to name a few. Steam review changed from not recommended to recommended. 

Sound approach to the development in 2020. 

Some areas of concern to me:

• too many forgotten / hardly used ships (pavel, victory, essex, 3rd rate, buc to name a few) They need rework: fine tuning of characteristics, unique features. 
  • some ships are too good in their class, even beyond their class (bellona, christian)
  • rvr still dominated by 1st rates. Lowering PB BR should help, but pls look into options for (some) restrictions on the PB fleet composition and composition of the battle groups (!).
  • mast sniping with single shot should go or be more risky: this is basically bypassing of the complex battle mechanics

While I agree and pity the forgotten ships, it is up to us players to use them. Some more fine-tuning would be a good thing, but right now an Essex e.g can be a serious ship already.

Only, all too many players have to always sail the "best" ship, while it´d be a true challenge to take one of the weaker ships.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Been saying this for ever, could of done it with the LGV Refit and still have random notes in the chest also.  Though I would like to see a fully dedicated Trade Ship DLC, not just a Refit of fighting merchant man.

There  is currently 6 DLC ships, how is that filling up all your dock space?   Maybe clean out some of the ships your not using or the 20 trade ships you use for trade runs?  I mean maxed out it's something like what 30 something slots or more?

all my ships are warships except one indianman and one t lynx. Im a RvR and PvP active player, so i need a lot of ships in a lot of ports.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Stilgar said:

Mast sniping doesn’t bypass complex mechanics, it has a bundle of its own. 

Sail force and acceleration modifiers should go, they are literally bypassing the complex sailing mechanics

First of all, in the last months there were some improvements which gave all players not playing in strong nation/strong clans a better way to develop their characters. You can see that on the higher rates at Player Population.

Why:

1. Revitalisation of the trade, not all was good (100 tons rule is still in work) but the most

2. Better protection of the captitals area so excessive farming and ganking Action, special against newbees and single players is  not so easy anymore

3. A little more balance in port battle system because of reducing the br-limit

4. AI attacks ports of big nations (but effect is very low)

but the basically good soup is still a little bit salty.

Why

1. The game balance between strong nations and all others do still not work. The ressources advantage from that strong nations are much too big, so smaller nation have no chances to resist or start counter attacks (as we see even now). It is a nonsense to create Incredible earnable cash cow ports, the owner make them invincible.

2. The seasoned wood system has grown up  the gap between the strong nations and clan to all others in port battle situation. With that wood this nation/clans could create really monster ships. We need urgently a more easy access for all players to get this wood types

I wish all a good and successfully year 2020

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ferdinand de LaSalle said:

We need urgently a more easy access for all players to get this wood types

This is something I have been stressing all along.  Its another case of the rich, getting even richer.  Access is far too restricted.  Permits should be on sale at the admiralty for a reasonably hefty fee.

8 minutes ago, Ferdinand de LaSalle said:

I suggest a limitation of the alts to maximum three characters (one main and two additional)

Why?  It only takes one alt to spy.  The alt problem has been discussed since before Noah was a Leading Seaman and will not change.  Better to learn to live within the current reality.

• Like 3

and this year will also start work on a new single player focused game with first person view from deck - Sea Legends - about smugglers and privateers in the Mediterranean and North sea

dear dev's this sounds great bud will this game be single player only or will it be possible to sail more then one on a ship i mean i have some friends in this game and we have been talking about how cool it wood be if we coud sail the same ship bod do different task on the ship ?

6 hours ago, GrubbyZebra said:

Can you add the yacht and gunboat to this list, as well? Always hated that there was no other way to get those vessels (although yachts were transferable during early release, at least).

Also, and this is a bit more a serious ask @admin, can you allow crafting XP to be gained by other crafting activities (workshop, forge) so that clans don't need to have everyone in the clan build expensive and otherwise pointless shipyards to gain crafting XP. Tie crafting XP to labour hours cost at a ratio of 1 XP per 5 LH spent (basing this off the current XP awarded for crafting Tlynx, Mercury, and Prince). 

THIS!  Also, the current labor hours system is insane.  The idea that it takes over 200,000 labor hours to craft a seasoned larger ship means that smaller clans and new players (the ones you're apparently trying to attract into the game) have no chance whatsoever to acquire or craft such a ship unless they pay many millions at an auction.  There's simply not enough time in a day to do this.  And the fact that it takes 300 labor hours to construct 500 labor hours in the academy is just stupid....

Whether or not one subscribes to the notion that seasoned wood is a good or bad thing, if it's in game there should at least be some chance for everyone to acquire it 

• Like 2

While the initial message focus the game as whole, it seems there's a very central concern on everything War Server, when in effect the game is two pronged - War and Peace.

It would be beneficial to point out exactly which server we all mean when we point out specific things and reply, not to confuse readers that might be searching for a Peace single or multiplayer coop experience and not the additional War competitive multiplayer.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Ferdinand de LaSalle said:

2. The seasoned wood system has grown up  the gap between the strong nations and clan to all others in port battle situation. With that wood this nation/clans could create really monster ships. We need urgently a more easy access for all players to get this wood types

I wish all a good and successfully year 2020

With this I was looking at the loot tables last night trying to figure out where you can get those BP's and it's only from the wooden chest.   There needs to be other ways too.  Maybe make them rare on other loot tables?   I think some of the loot tables need to be locked at too.  I shouldn't be gettting basic mods in elite battles and against SOL's, those should be for low tier ships/battles.   I open up several gold chest this week and gotten nothing but trash mods in all but one and that was cause it had a permit and one good book to use to make a stronger elite mod.   The other thing is why am I getting 2 cannons from an ELITE Rattle Snake?   The cannons loot should match the ships cannons or one deck.  They seem to come in groups of 2, 4, 6, 10 which wouldn't ever fit on a ships decks unless you kill a dozen ships to maybe get the same type (which you never get the same type).  Elite cannons drop should be added to other loot tables too.

2 hours ago, Hethwill said:

While the initial message focus the game as whole, it seems there's a very central concern on everything War Server, when in effect the game is two pronged - War and Peace.

It would be beneficial to point out exactly which server we all mean when we point out specific things and reply, not to confuse readers that might be searching for a Peace single or multiplayer coop experience and not the additional War competitive multiplayer.

As above some loot should not be on Peace serve.  The other day I got a Loki mod which doesn't even work on Peace Server along with the Log book shouldn't be on it's loot table.  There was something else that I couldn't think of now that I notice with the short time I was over there checking things out.

• Like 4

Would still like to be able to log off inside the battle instance (and not get dropped into OW when you do).  With the current speed boost system, which is great in general, revenge fleets have a very easy time in keeping raiders engaged indefinitely.  This is a constantly complained about problem.  It actually stops you from going on raiding cruises, because there is too high a risk that you will be trapped in battle for hours longer than you wish or be forced to sacrifice your ship just so that you can go to bed.  In my opinion, if you are alone in a battle instance or if you have separated from your enemies so that they can't tag you....you should be able to log off safely.  You've done the hard work of killing the enemy or evading them successfully...you shouldn't have to go out and face a fleet that have waited for you in a very artificial manner with speed boosts and radio vectors.

Edited by Angus MacDuff
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Would still like to be able to log of inside the battle instance (and not get dropped into OW when you do).  With the current speed boost system, which is great in general, revenge fleets have a very easy time in keeping raiders engaged indefinitely.  This is a constantly complained about problem.  It actually stops you from going on raiding cruises, because there is too high a risk that you will be trapped in battle for hours longer than you wish or be forced to sacrifice your ship just so that you can go to bed.  In my opinion, if you are alone in a battle instance or if you have separated from your enemies so that they can't tag you....you should be able to log off safely.  You've done the hard work of killing the enemy or evading them successfully...you shouldn't have to go out and face a fleet that have waited for you in a very artificial manner with speed boosts and radio vectors.

this was the main reason for me to stop waste time in this game. as a solo player, I couldn't cut off this never ending swarmfest. After a won fight or successful run away I should have a way to safely log off.

The best way with trouble about log off is to NOT login: ]

Edited by Rychu Karas