Game-Labs Forum

Development plans update - First half of 2020

1 hour ago, Medniy Sandal said:

After introducing the exams, small ships became practically unnecessary in the game (((.
And everyone who writes that the final exam is difficult, I want to remind you that it does not have to finish. Complicated? Go straight to sea on a small ship. However, the new player will have even more questions and less experience.
Paradox, but most of those who pass these exams do not even really read the text explaining the mechanics of the game ))).

(Translated with Translator)

i agree with you. I dont think it was a good idea to skip 3 ranks if you did 1 hour of exams, as i experience people only get help from others to do them which shouldnt be the point of the exam. Its like if you take a degree, you're name is there, but a friend of you with the already degree is doing it for you, when you're setup to do the job later on you dont know what to do because you have actually never learned.

Hencewhy people are complaining about hacks, cheats etc because they dont know how game mechanics work. And rather then learning HOW they work, its much easier for them to complain on something else and not take responsibility which is totally humane.

The new player experience should be on rank 7 where you get the basics, could get an exam to evolve to next level on stuff you should have been through during your rank, but unfortunately GL made it the easy way and focus on the wrong subject. Why does stuff feel like a grind? Why isnt it as rewarding as in other games to develop?

Also im not really a fan of the perk Reset permit. If it workef in a way that on resetting perks it automatically takes 200 dubs, fine. But atm you have to tp to a national port, buy a Permit, reset perks, tp back. Wish we could reset them Anywhere

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Genevieve Malfleurs said:

The Yacht is probably useless to your playstyle. Others are happy with that gifted ship.

No it's quite useless for anyone other than screenshots or pretending you're having friends over for a dinner party and harbour cruise. If you want to move some cargo T Lynx is better, PVP Privateer is far superior. Get from A to B use a cutter. 

2 minutes ago, Mad Dog Morgan said:

No it's quite useless for anyone other than screenshots or pretending you're having friends over for a dinner party and harbour cruise. If you want to move some cargo T Lynx is better, PVP Privateer is far superior. Get from A to B use a cutter. 

So what?  I found it useless and dumped it.  Other players like it....so let them enjoy it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Liq said:

Also im not really a fan of the perk Reset permit. If it workef in a way that on resetting perks it automatically takes 200 dubs, fine. But atm you have to tp to a national port, buy a Permit, reset perks, tp back. Wish we could reset them Anywhere

Well  ask as example Poland. There is no port to change it actually (otherwise lucky there is a open port) 

Due to the latest tribunal can something be done to address a foreign nation from entering a battle between 2 other nations and causing problems? Lets say 3 Russian players attack a Prussian and a pirate joins in on the Russian side with the only intent on attacking the Prussian and stealing the ship. Based on the current rules the Russian players are prevented from taking any action to prevent this. Any attempts by a Russian player to prevent the pirate from boarding the prussian is a violation of the rules as currently set. There is only 2 ways I can see a solution to this issue. So long as a pirate can join either side they should be treated as hostile by both sides and can be engaged by either/both or simply prevent any nation from joining a battle on a side where their nation is not involved. So in the presented example, the only nations that can enter the battle are Russian and Prussian while all other nations (including pirate) must wait until the battle is concluded. So long as the 3rd party is protected by the Green on Green rules they are free to enter a battle and disrupt the engagement with no consequences.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Raekur said:

There is only 2 ways I can see a solution to this issue

There is another solution that has been proposed before.  That is that you must get permission from the battle participants to join a battle on their side. This would solve many problems with unwanted allies.

1 hour ago, Angus MacDuff said:

There is another solution that has been proposed before.  That is that you must get permission from the battle participants to join a battle on their side. This would solve many problems with unwanted allies.

While yes this would eliminate the issue, first who would respond to the request and would be able to possibly respond to multiple requests while in the middle of a battle.

2 hours ago, Raekur said:

Due to the latest tribunal can something be done to address a foreign nation from entering a battle between 2 other nations and causing problems? Lets say 3 Russian players attack a Prussian and a pirate joins in on the Russian side with the only intent on attacking the Prussian and stealing the ship. Based on the current rules the Russian players are prevented from taking any action to prevent this. Any attempts by a Russian player to prevent the pirate from boarding the prussian is a violation of the rules as currently set. There is only 2 ways I can see a solution to this issue. So long as a pirate can join either side they should be treated as hostile by both sides and can be engaged by either/both or simply prevent any nation from joining a battle on a side where their nation is not involved. So in the presented example, the only nations that can enter the battle are Russian and Prussian while all other nations (including pirate) must wait until the battle is concluded. So long as the 3rd party is protected by the Green on Green rules they are free to enter a battle and disrupt the engagement with no consequences.

And what If the "dick" comes Out of your own Nation? Its quite common that the slow big ship attempt to board after the small ships chained and damaged the enemy enough. See it at least one times per week that the boarding ship just take the enemys ship and give a f**** to the ships that did 90% of the Work.

But i dont know how to solve this ... 

1 hour ago, Angus MacDuff said:

This would cause more Problems than it would solve and would make the RoEs more un-intuitive and less logic than they are now

1 hour ago, Earl of Grey said:

And what If the "dick" comes Out of your own Nation? Its quite common that the slow big ship attempt to board after the small ships chained and damaged the enemy enough. See it at least one times per week that the boarding ship just take the enemys ship and give a f**** to the ships that did 90% of the Work.

But i dont know how to solve this ... 

This would cause more Problems than it would solve and would make the RoEs more un-intuitive and less logic than they are now

I would 100% have everyone's Nation "Flag" in battle stay as their Own Nation.

if a Pirate joined the side of GB, they would still have the Pirate Flag. Green on Green is changed to ONLY apply to players in your own nation. if GB wanted to, they should be allowed to shoot the pirate player without tribunal issues, it isn't their nation after all.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 7

On 1/14/2020 at 2:21 PM, Mad Dog Morgan said:

Unfortunately I expect not, as most think bigger the better, want to fire big broadsides and that small ships are no fun. So the revenue for devs is to release more ships of the line. Add to that the one really good area for small ships (Bahamas)  was ruined by making the Herc, Requin and Surp shallow water. 

Makes sense. I just think it would be better to have more diversity for the lower levels but also great for those that know how to use it. Plus, having more diversity that can compete with reqs and surprises isn't a bad thing, especially if it entices newbies or those that like smaller/faster ships. 

13 hours ago, rediii said:

Show your shipknowledge in open world. Maybe even change it

Ship knowledge needs to stay with your ship and fleet no matter if you switch them.  So if you switch you have what ever knowledge you set on that ship in port.

12 hours ago, Raekur said:

I suggested before that Pirates should be treated as Enemy to all and that would solve this and no need to have outlaw battles.  Just make it so that green on green only effect same nation players.  Other wise all other nations is far game no matter what side they are on.

8 hours ago, Teutonic said:

I would 100% have everyone's Nation "Flag" in battle stay as their Own Nation.

if a Pirate joined the side of GB, they would still have the Pirate Flag. Green on Green is changed to ONLY apply to players in your own nation. if GB wanted to, they should be allowed to shoot the pirate player without tribunal issues, it isn't their nation after all.

I never understood why we couldn't keep out flags.

Than again we still have open cannon ports in OW...never understood why they couldn't just make the OW models with the gun ports shut.

13 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Why? The enemy of my enemy and what not. Just keep the flag the actual nation flag of the player, so everyone can decide who to shoot at first.