Game-Labs Forum

Development plans update - First half of 2020

53 minutes ago, GrubbyZebra said:

Why? The enemy of my enemy and what not. Just keep the flag the actual nation flag of the player, so everyone can decide who to shoot at first.

Except that if that is implemented, i can just join the side that is open and shoot at it because its another nation. It becomes a free for all rumble making sides irrelevant

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BoatyMcBoatFace said:

Except that if that is implemented, i can just join the side that is open and shoot at it because its another nation. It becomes a free for all rumble making sides irrelevant

But doesn't such an outcome fit with the "every nation is at war" mentality of the developers? 

Because of some "dicks"on the own Side you want complete rework the RoE? I bet the complaining like "this 3rd nation guy fought with me an hour, let me do all the work and when i was boarding the enemy He betrayed me, graped me and boarded me himself ..." will be big!

Be sure dicks will suck even more If they have more freedom to do it 😆

Edited by Earl of Grey

Is there going to be a rebalance for some ships? I heard some rebalance patch was due this year but haven't see any confirmed information about it. 

For example:
For Victory, currently much inferior to other first rates but most importantly her speed is completely off from it's historical speed. She was able to sail at 11 knots and was known for being able to out sail and speed away from even the ships in her own fleet. It makes so little sense for her to slower than the Santisima Trinidad. 

The St Pavel and the Indefatigable also need some rebalance please. Indefatigable should not be inferior to the USS Constitution. 

But any information about a rebalance would be appreciated. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Earl of Grey said:

Because of some "dicks"on the own Side you want complete rework the RoE? I bet the complaining like "this 3rd nation guy fought with me an hour, let me do all the work and when i was boarding the enemy He betrayed me, graped me and boarded me himself ..." will be big!

Be sure dicks will suck even more If they have more freedom to do it 😆

It wont be an issue if the 3rd nation cant join the battle in the first place. Take a look at the tribunal today where a pair of dutch joined a battle that did not involve a dutch player and permitted a pair of Russians to join. From what the OP mentioned these dutch joined for no other reason then to permit the russians to join the battle. If the OW battles were limited to just the nations involved or those who shared an alliance then things like opening one side so the other side could stack up the BR would not happen. 

• Like 1

Another thing, would it be possible to add more varied sea and weather conditions in battle even if they are not shown graphically in OW? 

Fighting in the same conditions in every battle is a little boring. Is it a possibility to add rough and higher waves inside the battle instance only? Conditions for the battle could be indicated with an icon over the compass in OW without having to represent it visually with game graphics. We already know the engine can do it since it was shown in the early beta, I think it would add a lot more fun to battles. 

• Like 4

@admin Congrats on the Steam award. Looking forward to 2020....at least in virtual world. heh.

On AI, will AI fleets have more variety than 8 Trincs w/ 2 Smalls that roam around at breakneck speed? I keep seeing a bunch of these around and seems a bit silly...especially their 100kn/hr.

• Like 1

Craftable tow

using reals, dubs , vic marks and combats

make them expensive 1 per day craftable and slow some of the inflation

is 9,999,999 still the most reals you can trade with a player ? If so, we're going to need wheelbarrows soon to buy a loaf of bread

• Like 2

On 1/13/2020 at 3:26 PM, admin said:

this year will also start work on a new single player focused game with first person view from deck - Sea Legends - about smugglers and privateers in the Mediterranean and North sea. This research will be shared and will greatly benefit the improvements of quality of PVE combat in Naval Action.

Congratulations on the Steam accolade.  This sounds really exciting as well.  Hope it gives an opportunity to provide deeper fidelity for sailing and combat model, as well as allowing for more realistic time scales.

• Like 3

On 1/20/2020 at 3:13 PM, SandersonTY said:

@adminWhat about the addition of China?

Hell no, please not. Even a harder immersion-breaker than the russian empire in the Carribean would be Admiral Zheng He and Hong Bao in a Victory and a Connie, going for a cruise.

Edited by Yorkshire Studding
  • Like 6

1.Все это конечно хорошо и радует, Но где 3 дня показывали на форуме в 2016 году !!! ???

Если вы хотите привлечь новых игроков, нужно больше возможностей, то есть все, что нужно игрокам, чтобы сделать предложение о том, что предложение на форуме было проигнорировано!, Написал @ админ  напрямую был проигнорирован! не согласен! не отрицания! 

2. Все это, конечно, хорошо и приятно, но где же 3D-борт, который был показан на форуме в 2016 году !!! ???

Если вы хотите привлечь новых игроков, вам нужно больше возможностей, контента, возможностей и разнообразия, судя по отзывам игры, многие игроки придерживаются одного мнения, что она пуста с точки зрения визуализации, сделанное предложение на форуме было проигнорировано! Написал @ admin был напрямую проигнорирован! нет согласия! не отрицание!

Edited by Severinlll
  • Like 1

On 1/15/2020 at 1:19 AM, Sea Archer said:

To add more ships diversity to the game, please add real water depth and ships draft.

Give the small ship a purpose, as well as the medium frigates. 

Real water depth in portbattles would increase the ships diversity, too. So other ships than L'Oceans and Christians would be used.

I agree. Looks like draft may be added in the Sea Legends game though.