Game-Labs Forum

Fresh Start – Wipe information for War and Peace servers.

1 hour ago, admin said:

on peace server he/she will have xp, crafting xp, slots and books. Clan affiliation will remain as it was before the launch.

So happy bookpileing is all we can do till release....

Unless you actually meant book knowledge and not knowledge books ???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hethwill said:

Admin, while i might understand why the team decided this I must word myself against it.

Years of testing and early access created numerous inactive clans.

I brought this up to Admin before cause of all the dead clans and players that should be wiped clean for new fresh players.   That and it's annoying as hell to go through all the clans list when trying to add friendly clans when most of them are just as you said, "DEAD CLANS."

1 hour ago, admin said:

Captains
Here is the final information on the player accounts on the launch of the game.
Estimated launch week - 10-14th June

War server: 

• Full reset: 
    • Everyone starts fresh from clean slate. Only clan lists will remain intact.
    • Tutorial progress will be reset

Peace server

• Partial reset:
    • Rank, Crafting rank, Knoweldge slots and knowledge books will remain
    • Everything else will be wiped, and tutorial progress will be reset.
    • Compensation ships for latest server problems will be added on launch as a timed redeem

Names are going to be kept on both servers. You will start the game with a character you had before launch, on war server he/she will have nothing, on peace server he/she will have xp, crafting xp, slots and books. Clan affiliation will remain as it was before the launch.

Can we have an option to have our War chars Transfer to Peace server than if we so wished?  Some of us hardly touched that server but think it would be only fair that if they get to keep there stuff we should have a transfer option to do the same.   Since every thing else is being wiped on War.

• Like 2

I will get the books eventually and you don't have to have them anyway. It's all good. I'm looking forward to release. It just seems funny to me that people keep going on about 'level playing fields' which is just nonsense. Their is nothing 'fair' about any of it as I have already explained (and I'm not talking about me, I am a very active player, I will probably get the books faster than many others). As admin has already said in the thread about the xp wipe, it's not being done because it IS fair, it's being done because it LOOKS fair. I kinda understand that, so ok,  but most of us know that in reality it's just a pointless pain in the arse for us testers and it does irritates me a tiny little bit when people don't see the obvious and bleat out platitudes about 'wipes are inevitable' and 'stop crying' because they failed to work that out. One might also argue that it might alienate some of the current player base who are simply not prepared to do all the grind again. We will see. Nuff said, Signing Off

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ManuelSpain said:

in pve the xp we keep it but the ships ?? I'm not clear

Experience - yes, ships - no. However we will provide compensation ships on launch due to recent issues on PVE server, please check the first post

1 hour ago, admin said:

Estimated launch week - 10-14th June

RIP US player base options. I guess we will deal with the EU timezone leftovers like other wipes. Would have been nice not to have the wipe while we are all at work and have a CHANCE at getting some decent ports. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Psycho3630 said:

RIP US player base options. I guess we will deal with the EU timezone leftovers like other wipes. Would have been nice not to have the wipe while we are all at work and have a CHANCE at getting some decent ports. 

Remember everyone will be in basic cutters. It will take a while for people to be able to raise hostility with any sort of expediency.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Isaac J Smith said:

Remember everyone will be in basic cutters. It will take a while for people to be able to raise hostility with any sort of expediency.

It won't take more than a couple hours, especially for those who will do the tutorial and be out in Pandora's and Herc's almost immediately. If the wipe occurs when others have, it will happen between 7:00am - 8:00am EST, giving the EU timezone 8-9 hours before the first US timezone players can have any real coordinated action. 

Just now, Psycho3630 said:

It won't take more than a couple hours, especially for those who will do the tutorial and be out in Pandora's and Herc's almost immediately. If the wipe occurs when others have, it will happen between 7:00am - 8:00am EST, giving the EU timezone 8-9 hours before the first US timezone players can have any real coordinated action. 

Perhaps a solution could be to randomly assign timers to all the neutral ports?

This is exactly the sort of things which should be tested before release which haven't.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Psycho3630 said:

You have the largest area of non capturable ports. Want other regions? Gather your fleet and take them.

Fabulous news! Thanks for all your efforts and it's good to hear that the day of days is fast approaching

I'm taking some annual leave to hit the ground running on release day as it were. Anything you can do to further zero in on the release window would be helpful. To know it is likely to drop in between the 10th and 14th is already really good but please share further info if you can be more precise

Regards

Ahab

4 minutes ago, Hawkwood said:

You have the largest area of non capturable ports. Want other regions? Gather your fleet and take them.

US TIMEZONE, not US NATION. My clan and I are Pirate, surrounded by 2 very popular free towns making 8-9 hour delay in activity a massive disadvantage. The same goes for all other US Timezone players/clans. 

Edited by Psycho3630
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Isaac J Smith said:

It takes less than two hours and we’ll be undercrewing Ratts or using boarding Requins to flip ports. Please try again next Wipe. 

55 minutes ago, Hennessy said:

I'm concerned what will happend after release.

Will there be more patch and developments or will they "abondon" the game and work on they're next game.

Will there be other wipes after release?

I don't really care about the books, but the ship knowledge is a bit of a slap in the face.  That's the real pain in the ass while grinding.  I feel like retaining that would have been a nice little bonus to us testers who have seen a couple wipes, major fluctuations in game design and various promises walked back from the team.  

While the above is annoying, I'm really more concerned over the radio silence on various issues that have been brought up over the past month or 2 that we seem to have not gotten any answers on.  Alliances?  Front lines system that makes sense?  Outrageous port battle BRs?  Permits?  If this game releases mid-week like the patch did it will screw over US based players.  I remember admin making a comment about working out a more fair solution.  Will that be revisted?  What about the promise of additional paints for the DLC that were coming within 30 days.  It's been 2+ months.  Another broken promise?

Maybe it's just me...but this game does not feel ready for release.  This is in my main concern.  Now it seems we're going to have an incomplete game rushed to launch just so it can benefit from the steam summer sale.  I'm happy waiting a bit longer for a more polished game.....I thought all the money that was raised through DLC purchases was going towards continued development, not rushing out a release.  

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, Psycho3630 said:

US TIMEZONE, not US NATION. My clan and I are Pirate, surrounded by 2 very popular free towns making 8-9 hour delay in activity a massive disadvantage. The same goes for all other US Timezone players/clans. 

What´s the difference? You can grind hostility from free ports too, no?