Game-Labs Forum

Patch 32: Elite NPC Admirals, New Ranks and other changes

admin

Captains

Patch 32 will be deployed today. Monday 20th May.

Warning: 2 New ranks and updated crew requirements might affect your ability to sail the ships you sailed before, and recently reached that rank.

Contents include

• Added the ability to destroy the investments made by the alliance of clans (available only to the clan alliance leader)
  • Added Elite NPCs that occasionally appear on the map - The flagship of the elite fleet often drop elite ship notes comparable to ships crafted in fully invested ports (their loot tables will be expanded over time to have additional interesting things to be captured)
    • this means you can get notes for 1st rates as well, provided you kill them
  • Assists now counts for PVP Hunt missions
  • Changed successful port defense cool down and attack cool down  to 2 days. (previously defense cool down was 1 day and attack was 2 days)
  • Added ship paint preview button that can show you how your ship will look like, if you have the same ship selected in port
  • 2 New ranks added (Vice admiral and Admiral)
  • Crew requirements re-balanced (XP thresholds are not final) and some ranks have their crew limits increased or decreased
    • Here are the changes on the high level leadership limits
      • Commodore - 700
      • Rear Admiral - 900
      • Vice Admiral - 1200
      • Admiral - 1500
    • Thresholds for new ranks are not final and might be updated once more before release, as additional rank of Admiral of the Fleet might be introduced, but we have not made this decision yet.
  • Changed the hostility missions point attribution. Any kills for attacker only count to the mission taker clan (clan attacking the port). Any kills on the defensive side only counts to the port owner.
  • Significant nerfs to mortar brig perks, accuracy and reload time were applied. Additional changes will be done by the next patch.

Bugs

• Fixed bugs with the port investment features
  • Fixed bugs that allowed you to sail with incomplete gun deck
  • Fixed Hold optimization in instance
  • Fixed names for forts and towers in the commander tablet (in case umlauts are present)
  • Fixed the bug when forts and towers shoot your allies in instance
  • Fixed the invisible walls that stop players to sail to north or east to places without any chance to return 

Whats next.

• Finalization of translation for all new features 
  • Final update on upgrades, port bonuses, limits to investments
  • Final update on battle and kill XP based on final damage model
  • Final update on economy and battle rewards and loot tables
  • Stabilization of the release candidate and launch

Hotfix 21 May

• Pirate ranks updated
    • List of final ranks
      • Thief
      • Rascal
      • Scoundrel
      • Rogue
      • Mutineer
      • Rover
      • Brigand
      • Plunderer
      • Raider
      • Scourge
      • Terror
      • Curse
  • NPC ships no longer can be sank by circles of death in patrols (closing a potential exploit loophole)
  • Additional port investments bugs fixed
  • Several UI bugs fixed

Hotfix 29th May

Patch is being deployed today 29th May

Changes

• XP and real bonuses updated. Rewards for sinking enemy ships in reals increased. 
    • Granted XP (damage, crew and kill xp) and reals reward is now influenced more by the battle rating difference. If you sink cutters in a first rate you will get minimal rewards. If you sink ships of higher BR your rewards will become higher (up to 2x more)
      • Example (numbers are for illustration purposes)
        • Sink first rate in a first rate - you will get 1500 xp and 30000 reals
        • Sink first rate in a cutter - you will get 3000xp and 60000 reals
  • New guns added to drops from Elite NPC ships
    • Obusier guns - similar to carronades but with less damage and higher crew damage
    • Congreve guns - lighter medium guns with lower damage but higher reload
    • Blomfield guns - lighter long guns with higher damage and higher reload
    • Navy guns - Best in class long guns having increased damage compared to standard longs
  • Reduced weight of elite ship loot notes

Stability

• Changes to server infrastructure were applied to prepare for the release, additional instance machines acquired for initial tutorial rush

Fixes

• Fixed bug which removed the player from the OW after exiting the game from the instance
  • Fixed crashes of client on exiting the game from port
  • Fixed bug which did not count the weight of the guns in some overloading cases
  • Fixed bug that did not lock the fire zone when pressing left Alt
  • Fixed bug that shown the incorrect number of decks when switching the ship
  • Fixed multiple localization issues (typos, spaces, other issues)
  • Fixed several interface bugs.
  • Like 38

2 hours ago, admin said:
  • Added the ability to destroy the investments made by the alliance of clans (available only to the clan alliance leader)

Good. Even if it could lead to scorched earth politics.

2 hours ago, admin said:
  • Added Elite NPCs that occasionally appear on the map - The flagship of the elite fleet often drop elite ship notes comparable to ships crafted in fully invested ports (their loot tables will be expanded over time to have additional interesting things to be captured)

Need clarification: are these ships with port bonuses? do Elite notes comes with port bonuses? do they come with port bonuses in any port they are redeemed?
If not port bonuses - which kind of bonuses?

On similar matter: anything douable for DLCs? Like allowing to redeem (sharing CD with ship redeeming) a permit to build the ship and get the bonuses?

2 hours ago, admin said:
  • Assists now counts for PVP Hunt missions

Meaning Assist=Kills?

In this case, and it's a good change, wouldnt better to consider assists (all assists) 1/2 kills?
I think this would lead to even more (LoL) ganking being then really profitable for the whole group. Not a kind of incentive we need IMO.

2 hours ago, admin said:
  • Changed successful port defense cool down and attack cool down  to 2 days. (previously defense cool down was 1 day and attack was 2 days)

Good.
Still too short IMO with today costs of rebuilding fortifications.

2 hours ago, admin said:
  • Changed the hostility missions point attribution. Any kills for attacker only count to the mission taker clan (clan attacking the port). Any kills on the defensive side only counts to the port owner.

Finally! I'd suggest in anycase a port ownership and investment reset to test properly frontlines: now the map is already "finished".
And I'd repeat: better county town based frontlines than capitol centered one.
Aside being counter-intuitive, it favours too much the strongest side (especially with today PB BRs).

2 hours ago, admin said:
  • Significant nerfs to mortar brig perks, accuracy and reload time were applied. Additional changes will be done by the next patch.

Why? How could these "significant nerfs" be counterbalanced?
More out of curiosity.

2 hours ago, admin said:
  • Fixed Hold optimization in instance

Which one??

2 hours ago, admin said:

Whats next.

Good to know.

And thank you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, admin said:

How heavy will this ship notes be? i wouldn't want to get stuck in middle of nowhere...

Edited by Complete-Disaster
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:
3 hours ago, admin said:

Assists now counts for PVP Hunt missions

Why should ganking 2 v 1 be rewarded as if it was actually a challenge?.

For example I'm in a trinco and defeat another trinco I get 1 count. (challenging)

2 Trincos defeat my trinco they get 1 count each. (not even remotely challenging).

Why?.

As Licinio proposed make them count as half then. (Either that or double the reward for un-assisted kills).

Edited by Huang Po Tsai (Retired)
  • Like 8

These 2 don't go well together:

---Added the ability to destroy the investments made by the alliance of clans (available only to the clan alliance leader)

---Changed successful port defense cool down and attack cool down  to 2 days. (previously defense cool down was 1 day and attack was 2 days)

@admin what is the benefit of Admiral rank? any rewards reaching it?

Edited by Audacious

46 minutes ago, Huang Po Tsai (Retired) said:

For example I'm in a trinco and defeat another trinco I get 1 count. (challenging)

2 Trincos defeat my trinco they get 1 count each. (not even remotely challenging).

Why?.

As Licinio proposed make them count as half then. (Either that or double the reward for un-assisted kills).

im not sure it says thaty if you get an assist its the same as a kill

but forget ganking ... in a even fight  say 2v2 why should the guy who gets the kill get all the reward it leads to just everyone wanting to sail the biggest ship

example  side A bellona and endy v  side B bellona and endy .... the guy in side A endy may do all the hard stuff slowing side B  down taking out sails  reducing crew stern raking,,, then the bellona comes along and  blows side B ships out of the water ,,, he gets both kills and rewarded ... the poor guy in the endy gets nothing other than a thank you

• Like 4

1 minute ago, --Privateer-- said:

Imagine more like 10v1, "everyone get their shots in before it sinks" 🤣😭

at least noobs in little ships have a chance of completeing a pvp hunt mission that way 😊

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, --Privateer-- said:

remember there is a threshold for every assist. 

so it is not that easy.

if you shoot at a ship once it will not give you an assist. you have to do more than that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" .Significant nerfs to mortar brig perks, accuracy and reload time were applied. Additional changes will be done by the next patch."

Auw!..... i hope it is not too much because it is an extremely difficult ship already...and a nerf make it a "dead" ship.

it was tested out under very easy circumstances ...and can give a distorted picture on the situation. in battle it is always a victim and sinks always (so actually no need for a nerf)

also the game could use an other artillery ship like the surprise ...as a counterpart on the nerf  (the option)

• Thresholds for new ranks are not final and might be updated once more before release, as additional rank of Admiral of the Fleet might be introduced, but we have not made this decision yet.

i would recommend it and also the other rank called vice-admiral of the fleet. (so even more)

Edited by Thonys

assist should not give 1 kill in mission. the percentage of damage done to a ship should be what's counted in the pvp mission.

you do 20% dmg, you get 0.2 kill.

Capturing ship should be counted as a kill in mission and clan leaderboard.

• Like 2

Ah yes, will we see better leaderboards? 

because they look a bit ...well you know ...they look like ...huh  ...MM mm ...yeah .. KUCH kuch .. 

Edited by Thonys

1 hour ago, Huang Po Tsai (Retired) said:

Why?.

Because it encourages sailing and earning. It's time proven. 

Edited by Audacious

This game will only live in long term when RvR is healthy. Small nations needs the ability to play RvR. Lets say, there are one superpower suppressing some small nations: What will happen? The players have the choice to buy an expensive DLC to change to a more successful nation (I wouldn't do that) or leave the game. Maybe some players left and others ignore RvR.

@devs: Do u want to address that problem or realease and hope for a wonder?

• Like 9

I really can't accept decreasing my crew. I'm swedish Flagcaptain and had 650 men, now only 500. I could accept changes to new ranks, but not at already existing ones. I bought ships for several millions and it will take a lot of time and effort to be able to crew them at next rank. Thank you ... NOT.

Edited by Admiral Olsen
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Admiral Olsen said:

I really can't accept decreasing my crew. I'm swedish Flagcaptain and had 650 men, now only 500. I could accept changes to jew ranks, but not at already existing ones. I bought ships for several millions and it will take a lot of time and effort to be able to crew them at next rank. Thank you ... NOT.

Release and full wipe is ahead anway, you will be reset to 0 crew anway

• Like 2

5 hours ago, admin said:

Whats next.

Will there be any final looks at sailing profiles, and tweaking those vessels that now require permits?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Sven Silberbart said:

This game will only live in long term when RvR is healthy. Small nations needs the ability to play RvR. Lets say, there are one superpower suppressing some small nations: What will happen? The players have the choice to buy an expensive DLC to change to a more successful nation (I wouldn't do that) or leave the game. Maybe some players left and others ignore RvR.

@devs: Do u want to address that problem or realease and hope for a wonder?

Considering recent, interesting RvR changes like increase in BR, port bonuses etc, don't think that they are aware of this. It is very true that most of the active players leave because of RvR.

However, I do believe the game will live in long term with a healthy economy rather than RvR. What alternatives you offer to losers matters more. RvR will always have one winner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, --Privateer-- said:

Yeah this

Will be a whole lot harder now to identify farming when it just takes 1 kill showing in combat news in return for 15-20+ actual kills counting

I like the idea though, but seems difficult to implement.

I suppose battles à la 15 v 1 would stand out in the OW though, and if they're joinable, proof should be obvious. Maybe punishment needs to be tougher.

• Like 2

Added Elite NPCs that occasionally appear on the map - The flagship of the elite fleet often drop elite ship notes comparable to ships crafted in fully invested ports (their loot tables will be expanded over time to have additional interesting things to be captured)

Will they be shown on the map as wrecks and fleet location do - Or do you actually have to stumble across them as regulary ai's?

6 hours ago, admin said:
  • Changed successful port defense cool down and attack cool down  to 2 days. (previously defense cool down was 1 day and attack was 2 days) still too short to rebuild a single 60k stone square forts
  • Added ship paint preview button that can show you how your ship will look like, if you have the same ship selected in port
  • 2 New ranks added (Vice admiral and Admiral) why? we don't have ships with max crew as the 2 new ranks has
  • Crew requirements re-balanced (XP thresholds are not final) and some ranks have their crew limits increased or decreased
    • Here are the changes on the high level leadership limits  what's the purpose?
      • Commodore - 700 no ship with 700 crew, only lower
      • Rear Admiral - 900 no ship with 900 crew, only lower
      • Vice Admiral - 1200 no ship with 1200 crew, only lower
      • Admiral - 1500 no ship with 1500 crew, only lower
  • Changed the hostility missions point attribution. Any kills for attacker only count to the mission taker clan (clan attacking the port). Any kills on the defensive side only counts to the port owner. perfect
  • Significant nerfs to mortar brig perks, accuracy and reload time were applied. Additional changes will be done by the next patch. range....you must lower the firing range of the mortar

Bugs

• Fixed bugs with the port investment features which one?
  • Fixed bugs that allowed you to sail with incomplete gun deck
  • Fixed Hold optimization in instance which one?
  • Fixed names for forts and towers in the commander tablet (in case umlauts are present)
  • Fixed the bug when forts and towers shoot your allies in instance
  • Fixed the invisible walls that stop players to sail to north or east to places without any chance to return 

Whats next.

• reducing Hp of all ship
  • RAIDS?
  • Final update on upgrades, port bonuses, limits to investments  i hope all lowered
  • Final update on economy and battle rewards and loot tables more reals
  • Stabilization of the release candidate and launch  i think you are far away from stabilization and balancing game yet