Game-Labs Forum

Ship duels - feedback needed

I'm for a skirmish area, no ship loss and no reward (although it isn't realistic and many are for realism)

But it can be hard to find a duel without a gank on the ow

Would two rooms be possible?

1 skirmish area & 1 duel ring where you do lose a dur but also get XP & gold similar to what you would get if battling on the open world.

And please no timer like in the small battles, you either sink, get captured, or escape

If possible please also remove the timer on the small battles.

In addition, forget leaderboards, IMO they are not needed.

About the joining system. Can we please please please not have this random joining system with automatic start?

I want to be able to duel the person i wanto to duel in the ship i want to duel in against the ship that he/she wants to duel in. If you make it automatic we never get to try the things we want to. 

I suggest a lobby, where you see who is in the lobby, you click on the player name and select a ship to challenge him with. Then the "enemy" selects a ship to fight you with. Then both have to click "ok" or you might click "invite more players" and if everyone clicked "ok" then the instance will start. 

Please please no random automated starting.

• Like 8

After some more thinking I would like to see 2 options (I know this isn't possible right away)

Option 1 - Duel room works like Admin's first post. You enter and get assigned to player in same ship class. No dura loss and no rewards. Just fun dueling PvP for whomever wants it.

Option 2 - You see someone on open world and have option to challenge them to a duel. If they accept you are sent to duel room with dura loss enabled.

• Like 10

About the joining system. Can we please please please not have this random joining system with automatic start?

I want to be able to duel the person i wanto to duel in the ship i want to duel in against the ship that he/she wants to duel in. If you make it automatic we never get to try the things we want to. 

I suggest a lobby, where you see who is in the lobby, you click on the player name and select a ship to challenge him with. Then the "enemy" selects a ship to fight you with. Then both have to click "ok" or you might click "invite more players" and if everyone clicked "ok" then the instance will start. 

Please please no random automated starting.

and obviusly allow same nation duels so we can challenge our friends,

imho we can have both a matchmaking system for fast duels and a lobby with private duels like u said

• Like 2

Option 2 - You see someone on open world and have option to challenge them to a duel. If they accept you are sent to duel room with dura loss enabled.

Yes, I've suggested that a long time ago, it would be a nice little feature. 

• Like 1

• Should ships be lost in the duel?  

• Any suggestions to changes to XP/rewards?

Leaderboards?

- I don't think the ship should be destoyed, I think this is a perfect way to cater casuals that don't have alot of time but still want some nice plain ol' fun pvp'ing, in this case a very low reward.

- If we can get the choice in the waiting room to choose if we want to gamble with our ship, and in that case get an opponent with the same premiss, to lose a dura if lost. Then the reward should be like in normal OW pvp.

- Leaderboards could be cool. Though there is a risk that will drain people from the OW if you can make a career in leaderboard pvp

No dura loss, no XP gain, no cash, no prizes please :)

If you want to do a leaderboard or intend to keep the statistics please make a separate training room with the same mechanics except that outcomes do not count towards the board.

For training please allow dissimilar ships.

• Like 1

• Should ships be lost in the duel?  No

• Any suggestions to changes to XP/rewards? No XP or monetary reward whatsoever.

Leaderboards? Perhaps in the future, but not a priority in my womble opinion.

• Should ships be lost in the duel?  No
  • Any suggestions to changes to XP/rewards? No XP or monetary reward whatsoever.
  • Leaderboards? Perhaps in the future, but not a priority in my womble opinion.

After thinking about and reading your post, i ok with this. 

Thx devs.

Unfortunately, this could be exploited as a way to avoid combat or hide on OS (friendlies invite eachother to duel while being chased, etc). But it is not to difficult to return to nearest friendly / free port.

After some more thinking I would like to see 2 options (I know this isn't possible right away)

Option 1 - Duel room works like Admin's first post. You enter and get assigned to player in same ship class. No dura loss and no rewards. Just fun dueling PvP for whomever wants it.

+1 to this

And no leaderboards.

- No XP or Gold reward, especially no XP to avoid exploitation.

- No loss of ship

- Possible to do a duel between 2 players even if they are in the same Nation 

- Optionally an option to put a bet in gold for the duel, one can put a 100k and enter with a certain ship and can even select in a list the type of ship(s) he desires to fight , another player having the desired ship can accept the duel with the same amount of gold put on the table, the one winning the duel gets all the gold.

It will be a nice way to test a lot of things on the ships, to do some training between friends or help to learn for new players in clans and improve skills against other players, and get great challenges when selecting to fight a way bigger ship in smaller one.

Questions to the community

Definitely yes.

The risk aversion hurts the game and having ships being sunk benefits the economy.

And yes, this game definitely needs killboards and leaderboards for every pvp battle fought. Not only duels or PBs.

1. Ships should not be lost.

2. There should be no rewards.

3. A Leaderboard would be cool. :P

4. Add "Skirmish" room (Small Event but with no loss and no rewards). :D

Yep, Tommy has it covered.

Number 4 is a bonus cookie I think.

• Like 2

Excellent! I love it! And as always, I really some day would like to shake the hands of the developers. You always listen to what the playerbase wants. <3

Yes! If you are afraid of losing ship, buy a "grey" ship.

• Any suggestions to changes to XP/rewards?

The ship can be lost. So we need Xp and gold. But as with small battles it should be half the XP. To avoid exploits. The focus of the game should be PVP and the Open World.

• Leaderboards?

Yes! National and international. As in the future, competitions.

EXTRA:

Please add some kind of mechanic for compatitions. It would be nice if we already now could arrange such in the clans or the nation
Edited by Ligatorswe

+1

Duel type of play must have own league with leaderboard. But it should be two pools of players inside, based on leaderboard position.

Lower league should have no ship lost and no gold reward. Condition, where you loose ship lets say every second fight, will scare lot of players from joining duel fun. I thinks its better to have more chasers, who will get skill during actual duel-pvp or found himself talanted. Second thing we should keep in mind is that ships with best config is pretty rare and this will stop some captains in regular dueling. Thats why ships shouldn't be lost and there shouldn't be gold reward and no modules drop beacause no finance risk and need to still have those captain in OS sometimes.

Upper league, lets say should start from first 100 players in leaderboard and there will be ship lost and gold reward.

Edited by dolleet