Game-Labs Forum

Development Responses to Feature Proposals 2

1 hour ago, admin said:

if a pro player has a chance to close the battle - other players wont even have a chance to sink him. Its a good feature but it limits PVP for an average player.  
We not going to approve features that reduce PVP. 

I like your attitude but imo the roe was at its best with the 2 min timer and that was it. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

I like your attitude but imo the roe was at its best with the 2 min timer and that was it. 

In general i can agree on most of your postings but in this case i have to disagree :P 

In my opinion, introducing BR difference deciding which side can bring in reinforcements was the best move for RoE in the past 4 years :) 

Even when its exploitable (but what mechanic in NA is totally unexploitable...), you know, you have a 20 min timer to get help if you get ganked...which gives you clan and nations mates enough time to sail towards you !!

before this change, getting help was near to impossible because in 2 mins you had barely the time to cry "HELP" in nations, let alone calling out exact position and enemy strength and ships...

This change had improved PvP a lot and gave raise to ever increasing battles...which are much fun :) 

Edited by Sir Max Magic
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Genevieve Malfleurs said:

sorry but with the rules of engagement and your br-system you make it all too easy for the so-called pro. and of course you reduce pvp.

so true, example, these are the same ship Wasa. I've taken into account that one ship is crafted gold vs ai capped ship(could even have it grey to make an even bigger difference) Same BR, difference between them are 5 upgrades vs 1, T(S)|W(S) 3,4,3,4 vs M|Fir cartagena refit. Now take also into account that you probably would use the AI ship with full mediums, and the gold one with a full navy gun/carronade setup (or even longs/carronades would do). Stuff like this makes so much difference so it would only be logical to bump up this Wasa to the level of a blue Bellona ATLEAST. 

image.thumb.png.868290f1af888594f511c61e5d263a23.png

Edited by erelkivtuadrater
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

so true, example, these are the same ship Wasa. I've taken into account that one ship is crafted gold vs ai capped ship(could even have it grey to make an even bigger difference) Same BR, difference between them are 5 upgrades vs 1, T(S)|W(S) 3,4,3,4 vs M|Fir cartagena refit. Now take also into account that you probably would use the AI ship with full mediums, and the gold one with a full navy gun/carronade setup (or even longs/carronades would do). Stuff like this makes so much difference so it would only be logical to bump up this Wasa to the level of a blue Bellona ATLEAST. 

image.thumb.png.868290f1af888594f511c61e5d263a23.png

Thanks for showing that splendid example!!

On 5/17/2020 at 11:49 AM, Dekillos said:

In general, it is surprising that cosmetics is on top of the proposals, it seems that people are playing on the PvE server, apparently there are no other problems. The circles for entering the earth are directly an irreparable problem for how many years and no one cares.

Batman’s proposal in general, as in the top, turned out, who the hell needed more sailors, now who? Something tells me that the likes system does not work as it should. Pluses are distributed "to their own" upon request in a message or on a stream, regardless of the degree of delirium and necessity.

its not an important proposal but i just hoped it would be added someday it didnt even need to be added the next patch i was hoping it wouldent be a hard thing to do

the distibuted to their own is a valid option  they are players they are people who play the game  and i just asked them to take a look at it and see if they liked it

you know what most people said ??   (its not important and its prob hard to animate)  but still wished it was added one day because they thought it was a good idea not because i asked them to instantly like it and the rest of the likes are other people  but if you think it shouldent be proposed because its not as important as other things  thats just baised 

4 hours ago, Sir Max Magic said:

In general i can agree on most of your postings but in this case i have to disagree :P 

In my opinion, introducing BR difference deciding which side can bring in reinforcements was the best move for RoE in the past 4 years :) 

Even when its exploitable (but what mechanic in NA is totally unexploitable...), you know, you have a 20 min timer to get help if you get ganked...which gives you clan and nations mates enough time to sail towards you !!

before this change, getting help was near to impossible because in 2 mins you had barely the time to cry "HELP" in nations, let alone calling out exact position and enemy strength and ships...

This change had improved PvP a lot and gave raise to ever increasing battles...which are much fun :) 

Its not bad for balance but I prefer the old way. It made more sense. It also is better for overall pvp. Still the old system was better imo. 

On 5/17/2020 at 7:56 AM, admin said:

From the art proposals

Sent to programmers for estimation of work

• @Nixolai - Show information on ship books in Open sea in F 
  • @Mormegil - Ship tags in Navy information
  • @der Wallone - sound playing during attack (but it will only be for one player - we wont spam others with your sounds)

Delayed or rejected

• @van stiermarken - multiple flags and improvements for banners and pennants - impossible to rework the tech
    • Sea Legends will allow full flexibility with banners
  • @Audacious-  add wooden or metal textures and form to windows and other parts - UI is finished and changing things back and forth like in 2017 is not going to achieve anything
  • @mexicanbatman - Increase amount of sailors - no animation work is planned, due to complexity and low budgets for this. 

Combat

@GrubbyZebra - launches or launched small cutter fireships were planned but delayed. Will review again

@William Death- Random fire mode - ok will review (i use random fire sometimes)

Not rejected but impossible to do within reasonable time range

• @Sea Archer Short range musket fire - It was tested internally and did not click as it requires animations, sounds, visuals of musketmen on masts, + significant rework of combat shooting which might break everything
    • Sea legends has proper musket fire mechanics. Reverse coding it into NA will take too much time
  • @Krists Different ammunition on different decks - significant rework of UI will be required and it is not an easy feature to make look good. 
    • Sea Legends has proper management of gun batteries (per battery), but reverse coding it into NA will take too much time.

Rejected

@Sea Archer - Water depths -  3d depths will require map rework and without good visualization this feature will only cause hate and frustration. Its good on paper but would be bad without proper visuals.

@Gamover- close battles on request - will review again, but most likely answer is no, because despite you wanting them to close this will reduce options for others. 90% chance for NO.

To be continued

RVR

Sent to programmer for estimation

@qw569😳 - global clan leaderboard 

@HamBlower - mortar brig damage and range buff - under review

@Yachteru - add names for players - under review

Rejected or delayed

@Bodye - allow deletion of outposts with ships - impossible, we allowed this in the past and have no time to recover assets for people who deleted by mistakes. 

@MassimoSud - clan civil war - impossible to rework nations without complete wipe, in addition to that - players come to sail for a flag. Whats important is that we now know what kind of nations should and how national mechanics must work for future games. 

@TheDread - Allow port transfer without the loss of investments. - Port transfer is not available by design. If port transfer is cheap and free it creates too many exploits. Also its not historical. No nation was able to transfer regions to another nation peacefully without loss of productivity.

Any info about dlc proposition ?

When you want to play this game you need 3 basic things:

1 - A ship: you can find ships for sale in every port (PASSED)

2- Guns: you can find medium guns in every port (PASSED)

3- Repairs: you can find repairs only in some ports  provided players go there and carry them to put a contract. So, that leaves us with this: 90% of ports in this server don't have repairs for sale. (NOT PASSED) 

Players can do trade bussiness with other hundreds of trade goods, so that is not a problem.

The question then is: why don't we have repairs for sale like we have ships and medium guns? You want more pvp? Do this. 

Easy to code, easy to do. 

You're welcome

• Like 2

1 hour ago, _Alucard_ said:

The question then is: why don't we have repairs for sale like we have ships and medium guns?

You do not NEED repairs to PvP.  You can PvP without repairs.

PvP is not the only aspect of game.  Some players like trading and crafting.  We used to have many more items to craft, we could sell these components to shipwrights.  While this created more content with an appeal to crafters, it was more complicated and time consuming.   Some players wanted the shipbuilding process simplified so crafting of materials was removed from the game.

The only businesses left for crafters is Repairs,and to a lesser degree Upgrades.    If Repairs are available everwhere there will be no market for them: it would kill the Repair crafting business.

Besides, if you want repairs and are unwilling to buy them from someone who sells them, then place a Buy contract in a national Capital.  I guarantee if your bid is high enough the contract will fill quickly.

Edited by Macjimm
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, _Alucard_ said:

When you want to play this game you need 3 basic things:

1 - A ship: you can find ships for sale in every port (PASSED)

2- Guns: you can find medium guns in every port (PASSED)

3- Repairs: you can find repairs only in some ports  provided players go there and carry them to put a contract. So, that leaves us with this: 90% of ports in this server don't have repairs for sale. (NOT PASSED) 

Players can do trade bussiness with other hundreds of trade goods, so that is not a problem.

The question then is: why don't we have repairs for sale like we have ships and medium guns? You want more pvp? Do this. 

Easy to code, easy to do. 

You're welcome

The ironic part is, you can cheaply repair your ship if you dock into any port but the port won't sell you the repairs... must be some kind of repair mafia. 🤨

13 minutes ago, Macjimm said:

You do not NEED repairs to PvP.  You can PvP without repairs.

PvP is not the only aspect of game.  Some players like trading and crafting.  We used to have many more items to craft, we could sell these components to shipwrights.  While this created more content with an appeal to crafters, it was more complicated and time consuming.   Some players wanted the shipbuilding process simplified so crafting of materials was removed from the game.

The only businesses left for crafters is Repairs,and to a lesser degree Upgrades.    If Repairs are available everwhere there will be no market for them: it would kill the Repair crafting business.

Besides, if you want repairs and are unwilling to buy them from someone who sells them, then place a Buy contract in a national Capital.  I guarantee if your bid is high enough the contract will fill quickly.

Imagining any other mmo where they told you that you don't need health potions to play. You can just go out and fight mobs/pvp if you run out of HP and die just respawn, no problem. 

And the 'repair crafting business' if not necessary for the game's economy to work. That plus repairs sold by players are so stupidly expensive that it's impossible for any casual player to buy them without feeling like they are being robbed for what essentially are basic items. 

Edited by Never
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Macjimm said:

You do not NEED repairs to PvP.  You can PvP without repairs

You can pvp without cannons too. Just cause you can technically do it does not mean it's practical. Cannons increase dps and repairs lower it. The funny thing is that the chances of survival are higher with repairs and no cannons than no repairs and cannons. 

The combat is currently designed around repairing so its impossible to pvp without them. If you are successful doing so you're fighting people with the iq of a chimp. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

You can pvp without cannons too. Just cause you can technically do it does not mean it's practical. Cannons increase dps and repairs lower it. The funny thing is that the chances of survival are higher with repairs and no cannons than no repairs and cannons. 

The combat is currently designed around repairing so its impossible to pvp without them. If you are successful doing so you're fighting people with the iq of a chimp. 

It is an repairing game at the moment, who have the better repair modules, shortest repair time  ec... is most time the winner in the battle. So much repairs and volume of the repairs are unrealistic.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2020 at 7:56 AM, admin said:

Allow port transfer without the loss of investments. - Port transfer is not available by design. If port transfer is cheap and free it creates too many exploits. Also its not historical. No nation was able to transfer regions to another nation peacefully without loss of productivity.

As far as I can read from that suggestion, it wasnt supposed to be between nation but within the nation, because with current mechanics if one clan in a nation wants to give one of their ports to another clan they have to make it neutral, which brings risk of other nations flipping it first and loses development in the port. 

Also now clans who leave one nation and own even just a few ports cripple the nation they leave even more, because either their ports go neutral and other nations can grab them, or they use their old clan as an alt clan and keep their old ports that way.

Of course it isnt historical that nations would transfer ports between eachother, but neither is a governor of some sort going away meaning inmediate loss of the port they owned

2 hours ago, Kopelent said:

It is an repairing game at the moment, who have the better repair modules, shortest repair time  ec... is most time the winner in the battle. So much repairs and volume of the repairs are unrealistic.

Well I've been arguing about that for years now. 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2020 at 6:56 AM, admin said:

Rejected or delayed

@MassimoSud - clan civil war - impossible to rework nations without complete wipe, in addition to that - players come to sail for a flag. Whats important is that we now know what kind of nations should and how national mechanics must work for future games. 

Just to be clear, are pirates considered a nation by the devs?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...