Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix for patch 35 - 11 September

admin

About the first rates, why not make their maintenance costly and repairs costly. 

Yes you are free to sail SOL, but you must pay the cost. Sailing and fighting in SOL, you should pay and expect negative balance after each battle, and also regular maintenance even for SOL sitting at dock. You can dry dock a SOL that would pause the regular maintenance, but dry docking also with fixed price. 

This way everyone can sail his 1st and 2nd rate, but to sail so, needs to support them with trading or frigate battles. 

Edited by AeRoTR
  • Like 5

I'll give you my opinion.
The system of ranks was a little bit wrongly built. It would have been right if the captain had been able to control a larger ship only after he had gained experience on a smaller ship. Once upon a time there was such a system. Before the Open World. 
In order to move to the 5 rank ship, you need to gain experience in the management of the ship 6 rank. And so on. Without linking experience to a certain ship, it is to the rank of the ships. Yes, it caused a lot of negativity in the old days. However, then, the studio came up with a slightly wrong (in my opinion) model.
Now it is possible to move quickly to the control of the 1st flight without learning how to manage it at all. Go hard to be NPS to open upgrades on the ship. And to be sunk by more experienced captains on a smaller ship. It turns out that the situation is as if now a person who knows how to drive a car was transferred to a heavy truck and sent to work in the city center (for example, New York, London). Imagine what a horror it would be. For everyone, and especially the driver.

Most interestingly, the possibility of boarding 1 NPS flight is not likely to result in an increase in PWP. Or it will lead to the situation that 1 captured flight will be used in the sea. Which is not very good either.
I can be mistaken, but I think we've already had such a development in the game before.

(Translated with Translator)

19 hours ago, Bach said:

Although I do like this idea a lot as it will make the play of say Poland or Prussia easier I don't think it gets to the heart of the port battle problem.

Many players already have x4 quality 1st rates to throw into PBs if they had they heart to do it. But no one is going to throw their "time" into what they expect to be a losing fight. The problem is more a case of player skills and limited arenas. The highly skilled power players can shift any battle with limited numbers. Free ships won't change this.

Throughout history the great equalizer to skill or gear has been numbers. A weaker skilled but more numerous opponent can still give a high skilled opponent a good challenge. However, when the numbers are matched to 24v24 skill rules the day. Gear quality is a close second. Free low quality ships will not really address this and currently a lower skilled more numerous opponent has no real way to bring numbers into play. Maybe Screening but even that isn't ideal.

i would suggest that RvR round first place winners are rewarded for the win but get a slight BR restriction for the next round. The second place gets a slightly less reward and less BR PB restriction next round. Middle of the pack stays normal and the bottom get a next round BR bonus. This would make nations more competitive. Of course players that don't care about nations and just want to win can nation hop. In which case we will see at least a changing ownership of ports the previous winner had all across the map. Less stagnant nap and we'll sell a lot more forged papers if the decide to hop. 

I agree, maybe we need PvP ranks so each player has a % based br increase over his ship so a 20k PB can fit 2x Ram Dinarks? 

23 hours ago, admin said:

Speed for all ships of the line with the exception of bellona, christian and santisima (rare lineships) slightly reduced

why?

why except them? they are already too fast to be a line ship and you nerf the speed of the others same rank opponents?

just why?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AeRoTR said:

About the first rates, why not make their maintenance costly and repairs costly. 

Yes you are free to sail SOL, but you must pay the cost. Sailing and fighting in SOL, you should pay and expect negative balance after each battle, and also regular maintenance even for SOL sitting at dock. You can dry dock a SOL that would pause the regular maintenance, but dry docking also with fixed price. 

This way everyone can sail his 1st and 2nd rate, but to sail so, needs to support them with trading or frigate battles. 

We might even add ship maintenance in general. The stronger the wood, the longer the maintenance intervals. When a ship recieves no maintenance it turn shabby then very shabby and after half a year sinks completely rotten at the dock.

This would prevent people to have too many ships in the docks, fast fir ships are much more expensive to maintain due to shorter intervals and makes big ships a bit more rare, since they should be quite expensive to maintain. 

Using capped AI 1st rates would just cost the repairs, as long as they do not get too old.

On the other hand you could repair shabby ai ships to the regular status.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Razee said:

If anything the speed nerf is perfect, the bellona, christian and santissima are quite rare (permit) the non permit ones (i mean you wasa) definitly needed a nerf..

The amount of speedbuilt gank wasa's escaping 5th rates was insane.. 

now you will see rare ships speedbuilt gank squads...not so rare due to silver and gold chest of kill mission

• Like 1

23 hours ago, admin said:

• Speed for all ships of the line with the exception of bellona, christian and santisima (rare lineships) slightly reduced

Honestly I don't get the reasoning behind that. Bellona and Christian are already the preferred choices of their classes and the fastest iirc. Why make the gap between the rest even bigger? 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sea Archer said:

We might even add ship maintenance in general. The stronger the wood, the longer the maintenance intervals. When a ship recieves no maintenance it turn shabby then very shabby and after half a year sinks completely rotten at the dock.

+1

anyway ,apart from adding the planck to the captured npc , i don't undertand the changes made. i hope they bring action back to war server.

but i honestly think we need to rethink the economy.

Edited by SantaRoja
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Montañes first.

It was the most voted ship in the latest poll.

Wreker got third position.

A lot of kids do not know who the wreker (avenger) is !

wreker, is the leadship ((wreker:  (dutch word)) class : Avenger class

The Admiraal de Ruyter was a Dutch 80-gun ship-of-the-line, part of the Wreker Class (translation: Avenger).

7 ships would be build according to Pieter Glavimans' design which was approved by the admiralty in 1795. Supervising the build of the first two vessels, the class' leadship "Wreker" left the dockyard in 1798.